What's new

Toppers S15

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanks guys, track is Knockhill, in Fife.

Yako, i plan to touch them up, but i was tight for time to get them on for the trackday, i fitted them the day before... I still have the rears to fit, so will get both fronts and rears painted up before final fitting. Also, i got a run in a Evo 4 with slicks, noticed the greatly increased grip after only a couple of corners, so i need some of those. Interesting about the sump though, anything else i should consider?

Sorry guys, no other pictures (yet), i was driving most of the day so didnt take any :rolleyes:

Nicely - S15's made it onto a SXOC calender :eek:, have they been accepted now? Make sure they dont steal the pic :p :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: There were 202 submissions. My one in the 'S15' parking space got selected, as did one of TonyS15's :)

How were the brakes?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
For the 1st outing, say around 5 laps, they were fading, and juddering quite bad, so came into the pits, all bolts etc were tight so nothing was loose, they did smell though, i thought it may have been due to some brake cleaner i used pror to fitting them. Went out again and had no problems for the rest of the day. Could of done with the rear's fitting though.......

G

gunner93

Great shot at top-per speed. :thumbs: Rear slipstreaming till no. plate coming loose?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanks guys, track is Knockhill, in Fife.

Yako, i plan to touch them up, but i was tight for time to get them on for the trackday, i fitted them the day before... I still have the rears to fit, so will get both fronts and rears painted up before final fitting. Also, i got a run in a Evo 4 with slicks, noticed the greatly increased grip after only a couple of corners, so i need some of those. Interesting about the sump though, anything else i should consider?
Not sure you would need a sump. But I would feel alot safer with one if I was running racing slicks.
The added grip ups the risk of oil-starvation in corners which can kill an engine pretty fast.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The number plate is hindged at the top, although is doesnt move unless lifted by hand :)

Yako, i hear what your saying, its something i'll look into more for next year.

Well after the trackday the car was sounding like a tractor when cold, but was running fine when hot, Nicely and i discussed the cause and decided it could be some bolts had came loose on the mani, or elbow or something. So i took the heat shield off to investigate, where i was presented with this -

I now have another stock mani (Cheers Nicely :thumbs:), need to get a few other bits and pieces then will give changing it a go, hopefully with some local SXOC guys to help :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yes, thats is a cracked cast manifold :rolleyes: :)

gunner - :D It would be if i had the cash, maybe something i'll look into at a later date.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Update 12.12.07

Manifold has now been changed, this is what happened to the one above with a little bit of help -

Also, it was my Birthday on the 6th December. Nicely is a sly guy, turns out he has recently been working in cahoots with my Girlf, so she could buy me something for my birthday, they used what i wrote in this thread and she bought me this -

Thats is: -

56mm Alloy Rad
2x 12" Fans
Revotec Controller
Silicone hoses

Thanks Nicely for helping sort this for her :thumbs:
Just got to get it fitted now :wack:, if anyone has any info on fitting the controller etc, let me know :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that is just plain sneeky.

Can you talk to my wife while you are here? ;)

P

Paul2x

Very nice,

I just Cracked my Tomei Expreme Mani in two just like you.... Figured something from Tomei would last longer than 4 months..lol