What's new

Toppers S15

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
looks good there i take it there was a good performance upgrade with that kit!
Yes mate there was, but my disc's and pads were knackered, so anything would have been an improvement. They stop the car very well now, once the pads are up to temp :)

Yako - I know mate, i thought about it but havent done it yet :D

G

gunner93

Hi Tops,

For a moment I thought you had you old rims back... :D
Butterflies love to kiss on your car I see? :smitten:

G

gunner93

I wish mate :rolleyes:

I know, anyone any idea how to clean it up? Looks a bit tattie
Mine with the mesh, I have pain-stakingly used a sharp slim wire to remove all the bugs and stones, then use a soapy solution to clean off with a brush. With your bumper off, its much easier. :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Car failed its MOT today :cry:, Sticking front brake calipers being the problem, i've got the piston seals, just need to swap them over and get her re-tested. Passed emissions 1st time :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I put the cat back on at the weekend, then took it for a blast today to heat it up prior to sitting the test. Last year i just put it on and dorve it 2 minutes to the garage, so it wasnt very hot, and the car failed on emissions.

Nicely - Agreed, one of the failing last year was having blue sidelights :rolleyes:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
All dust seals changed on the front calipers, no more sticking :D

However....... on re-test it failed again, this time it was for the non locating brake pipe, the joint between rubber hose and copper pipe should seat in the strut bracket, however, as my calipers are moved down slightly due to bigger brake bracket, the copper pipe is to short, meaning the rubber hose rubs back and fore through the bracket, and i'm told will wear a hole over time. So i am having new pipes made and will fit these over the weekend.

Just a shame this wasnt on the list after the 1st fail :rolleyes:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yes sir i do, but havent got them fitted yet, will do that this weekend too.

Does, where your braided line connect to the copper pipe, locate into the bracket on the strut? i.e. at the connection? - Mine doesnt, which i'm told is a problem.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The braided line should connect to the hard pipe mounted to the body and the other end goes straight to the calliper. It should only be held in place by the bracket on the strut.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I just checked back on one of my tech guides and found a photo of what looks like a hard pipe connected to the calliper :eek: Must have completely forgotten that. Anyway, the entire thing is replaced :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Update 16.10.07

I have swapped over my Apex brake kit for R33 GTR Brembo's, only have the front on so far, this is what it looks like now -

Old caliper in forground is much smaller, and alot heavier than Alloy brembo's behind -

Old 310mm Disc's, Vs New 324mm (? - Stock GTR size) DBA Disc's

Fitted -

Sorry for the crappy pictures, they were taken on my phone.

Attended a trackday on Friday, the Goodyear Eagle F1's didnt hold up to well, and after about 10 laps they needed a break as they began to go very soft/melt, which left a few scary moments :eek: -

Here's an on track shot -

Was a good day, the S15 performed brilliantly, showing up many Skylines, and even impressing the driver of an Ultima GTR, who commented how fast i had been when he was behind :thumbs:, although he did leave me standing on the straight..... :D

Reaction score
i've got brembo's waiting to go on mine..... look good! :)

out perform what you had on there already???

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I love track-pics :)
Nicely done with the Brembos. I would have repainted them while they where off though.

I want brembos too :(

You should try racing tyres. Huge difference compared to street tyres.
And with the new GTR brakes in the front. You should be able to cope with the extra grip (perhaps).
I would want a baffled oil sump before attempting racing tyres though.

You should try to ride along with someone who has racing tyres. You will realize what real stopping power is :)