What's new

Toppers S15

T

TonyS15

Looks good very good so far.

So you went for 740's, why not 555 or are you looking for further power, or wanting to run a lower duty?

Looks good anyway i like it alot.

G

gunner93

Topper,

Great stuff! Did you have a metal gasket at 1.2bar? When you say remap, are you using back stock ECU? Finally, what is your expected RWHP and torque after this?

Thanks.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
So you went for 740's, why not 555 or are you looking for further power, or wanting to run a lower duty?
Why get 555s when 740s are the same price? Put another way, you are getting a 300cc increase for the same price as a 115cc. 115cc isn't that big an increase over the standard 440s, unlike the S14 which has 185cc difference. Top feeds are capable of handling higher duty rates (I'm told), however, it doesn't sit comfortably with me running higher than 80%. 80% duty on 440s is 282bhp. 80% on 555s is 355bhp. 80% on 740s is 473bhp. OK, 555s may be fine, by like I said, same price as 740s. You have to get a custom map either way...

And for those thinking of an off-the-shelf chip... Topper's setup is almost identical to mine, so Jez applied my map as an initial base for the road mapping. Topper still got det initially. Off-the-shelf chips are great, but have to err on the side of caution for all the cars they might be fitted to. This means your engine isn't optimally tuned.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
think Nicely has answered most of the questions, i will find out what power its running on Monday night :thumbs:

T

TonyS15

ill be sorting mine out soon....ive got everything expect the fuel pump:D
Yeah id like to sort mine out too, but need Z32, Fuel Pump and a FMIC.
Which FMIC did you go for? And how was it with fabricating the bumper (similar shape to mine) and also the washer bottle or did you relocate the washer bottle?
Im after one which doesnt need much cutting apart from the battery trap.

Why get 555s when 740s are the same price? Put another way, you are getting a 300cc increase for the same price as a 115cc. 115cc isn't that big an increase over the standard 440s, unlike the S14 which has 185cc difference. Top feeds are capable of handling higher duty rates (I'm told), however, it doesn't sit comfortably with me running higher than 80%. 80% duty on 440s is 282bhp. 80% on 555s is 355bhp. 80% on 740s is 473bhp. OK, 555s may be fine, by like I said, same price as 740s. You have to get a custom map either way...

And for those thinking of an off-the-shelf chip... Topper's setup is almost identical to mine, so Jez applied my map as an initial base for the road mapping. Topper still got det initially. Off-the-shelf chips are great, but have to err on the side of caution for all the cars they might be fitted to. This means your engine isn't optimally tuned.

That sounds a reasonable method of chosing, i didnt realise they was the same price, although if i was to run more power id be looking at interals and also strengthen the box.
Are standard S15 injectors 440cc??? i thought they were different size, is that same size as skyline injectors?
Yeah ill be looking to do this jez map also just waiting to do some things and ill pay you a visit Nicely. Like de ja vu with a Pewter S15 with a vertex looking kit...:D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15 injectors are 480cc ones unlike the S14 ones ...
as as for fmic i went for the greddy spec m one which didnt need any mods to the actually body off the car only hitting each side near the side of the ic just bend them back or cut them off either way will work...and fitment was good as for price a little bit more expensive than others but i didnt wanna cut the bar behind the bumper...
the kit comes with bits to turn the bottle washer around and bumper will need trimming a bit aswel...

wel apex performance are doing walbros for ?69.50 at the moment which is bad ive just got one myself as thats the last thing on my list to get for my remap just need to fit the bits on the car then there we go ready for mapping hope thats enough info for u buddy:thumbs:

S

sillbeers15

Yea. I agree with Nicely.

Most sources quote 480cc stock injectors of S15 but the instruction manual of PowerFC quotes 440cc.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Yep, and it has nothing to back it up. Even Nissan Japan couldn't confirm it when I contacted them.

The flow test results of several sets of injectors have shown them to be closer to 440s than 480s. When Horsham Developments (Jez) examined the Spec R ECU map, he found the fuelling to be consistent with 440, not 480. Add that to the PFC figure and that's more solid evidence they are 440s than you will ever find that that they are 480s.

I went on several web forums asking for an official source for 480. No-one had one. And believe me, I was trying to PROVE they were 480s, not 440s. Its another one of those legends handed down since the Dreamtime... :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I still hold with 440 :) That's based on three professionally cleaned and flow-tested sets of injectors running 100% duty. Plus the ECU map doesn't lie...

S

sillbeers15

Nicely, why bother.....U & I ditched thosed stock injectors long ago anyway....hehee.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
And me :wave:

TonyS15 - I've got a Blitz FMIC, just incase that question was angled at me :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
** New Coilover fitted 26.07.07 **

Finally got round to fitting the front coilovers, so thats them swapped all round :thumbs:

Anyone fancy some used (and in need of a refurb) Tein HA Coilovers? :wave:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yeh it was quite easy to fit, got a few snap here from when i did it, seems like ages ago now :) -

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Went out for a a little drive to make sure nothing was rattling etc, had the bumper off so i could get the jack under the front of the car -

Washer bottle shot for Yako :wave:

The FMIC is covered in butterflies and large moths, so will need to pick those out sometime :D