What's new

Toby's Silvia!!

T

Toby

Well after a 4 week wait she is finally OTR, so grabbed a few snapps and though I should start my self one of these :)

Vitals:

'99 spec ARRR

Jap speed FMIC
Jap speed Manifold, down pipe, decat and cat bak
Filter
NGK 7's
Walbro 255
Gizzmo set to .8bar
Apex 56mm rad
Braded Turbo Lines

Nismo Upper & lower arms and tie rods
Nismo S tune suspension

Rota Drift Grids 8.5" front and 9" rear with 225 45 and 245 40 TR1's
Vertex front bumper
Carbon Culture rear board

Braded brake lines
Red stuff EBC pads

Current plan is too Get my self a HKS SSQV and Z32 A/F Meter, I have some Nismo 555 Injectors I need cleaned and then I'll take the car too Jez and get him to map the std ecu.

Toying with the idea of a Turbo elbow too, but it looks like a real pig of a job....

Attachments

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate, glad to hear you've finally got it sorted :)

If you change your elbow you'll get a better spool up. Worth doing and it's not tooo hard, just fiddly!

T

Toby

Thanks buddy! I'm getting there, with mucho help from the S15OC Massive :)

For £50 I May crack on then, Certainly room for improvement with the spool up I think, although i need to tinker with the Gain settings a little more with the gizzmo.

One more snap

T

Toby

Thanks guys I love it!

Just need to get the final bits before the map, Unsure if my std A/F meter is going to be restricting me with the current mods...

now thats a credit too ya lad never liked the ultra lights on it how much was the vrt ?

Thanks bud, the Verex bumper came with the car.

T

Toby

Update time.

Some serious weight reduction has taken place since my last post!

Currently I have an empty engine bay, Sadly when My Head gasket went pop, upon inspection of the block i noticed some serious damage to pistons and liners.

The block was removed and a local engine builder confirmed its only use from now on would be as a coffe table.

I bought 2 block from sxoc, however both have been useless so ive decided to get Horsham developments to build me up a bottom end with a block they already have in "stock".

It will be using +.5mm forged pistons, on the stock rods but with all new ACL bearings, I will then get the head overhauled down here, and horsham to send me the bottom end once done for assembly with a metal head gasket and ARP bolts.

Been without the car with 3.5 weeks now but atleast I have got a game plan, and its all being done properly so, touch wood, this won't be happening again.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Fair play mate,just goes to show all things happen for a reason,as they do it once and do it properly,will be a good solid base when its done look forward to seeing it all finished mate!!!horsham are very good!

T

Toby

Got the head back today, looks lovely! New steam seals too!

And some goodies!

After alot of searching, googling, talking with various tuners and suppliers Ive opted with the Cometic 1.9 Gasket.

Hoping to have the bottom end back Mid week next week!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
That head looks well sexy haha!! :) Where did you send it to in the end? Take it same place is sorting the bottom end out as well?

I spy: exhaust gasket, Z32 AFM, Apex intake hardpipe and pulley belts lol ;) (amongst all other more obvious stuff). I hazard a guess that the plastic bag on the right holds a set of x4 740cc injectors cos I can see yellow hehe??

Are you gonna bother with uprated studs for the block (like ARP) and things like rocker arm stoppers?

T

Toby

Sure does! No the head work was done locally by a extremely good engine builder - I'd have him do the whole lot but his waiting list is far to long!!

They are indeed Yellow, but Nismo 550's!

ARP studs should be in the post to me as we speak, I'd looked at rocker stoppers but concluded unless I've raised the rev limit, or get seriouslt frisky with the rev limiter it should not be necissary!