Toby's Silvia!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol doh!! I can never remember which colours are 555's and 740's :wack:

ARP studs is always highly recommended when I've looked at engine rebuilds so glad to see you're getting them :) Yeah rocker stoppers aren't necessary unless you're a 'bounce-off-the-limiter' kinda guy like me haha!! Need to sort this ASAP as I'm also considering installing the Bee-R limiter gizmotronic :D

T

Toby

Well progress has begun!

Here's how it started...

What we have here is a fully built bottom end, By Horsham.

Bored out to 86.5mm
honed
decked

ACL race Bearings
Stco Crank
Stock Rods
CP Pistons
New water pump
New oil Assy
New crank seals

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I just priced a t.chain cover today and the guys at nissan said the cost on it was £240 :| thats not retail lol where did you get yours from?
build looks good though :thumbs:

T

Toby

Why do you want a new chain cover?

If its to renue the oil pump, you can buy an assembly, that consists of the 2 moving parts behind the cover, this is all you need its about £85.

T

Toby

Yes mate!

Just a final few tidying up jobs and double checking and tripple checking everything over before she goes in!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice progress mate. When is it due to be back together and running again?

T

Toby

Its booked in for the Map on the 9th of september at 9:30am with Jez @ Horsham, (the day before JAE lol) and I really want to get 1000 miles under its belt before then.

T

Toby

She Lives!

Fired up Yesterday, idle for about 15 - 20 mins to allow the cams to settle in and me bleed the coolant and power steering.

I then made a cuppa Tea which allowed me to check the oil leval before going out and bedding the engine in.

I'm now 70 miles in, and cars is ready for her first oil change!

Remap with Z32 and Nismo 555's with Horsham in 6 days, so will need to rack some miles up ASAP! :):):):)

Reaction score
Country
Great news bet its a great feeling to hear it running again!

I imagine you will be paying quite a few visits to the petrol station over the next week :nod:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well done mate :) where did you get the engine rebuilt? Are you still running the standard ECU?

T

Toby

Cheers Buddy, Horsham did the bottom end, I did the rest with the help of some good friends.

I am still using the std ECU yes, Will have a custom H-Dev chip mapped just for my car next week.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If I was you I'd go for the Nistune board instead of a H-Dev custom chip as if you want it remapping again by a different mapper, you'll have to fork out another £500 to have the H-Dev chip removed and the nistune board installed (as I will be doing soon). Jez will map Nistune if you want him to map it too.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1 Nistune is the way to go... and cheaper than Apexi PFC :wack:

Nice to see she's alive and kicking mate!! I'll be picking your brains about my rebuild next year haha :D

Reaction score
After a lot of research I'll be going with Nistune when I can afford it. You've given me the inspiration to start stripping my spare engine down and cleaning it up. I do worry about it though as I've never done anything like it before.

Good work on yours though. Can't wait to see it mapped.

T

Toby

Cheers guys - 330 miles now :)

I did initially consider Nistune, before I found out you can custom map H-Dev chips.

Can't remeber how much more it was, i know 3 figures.

From what I understand Nistune only offers 2 benefits from the H-dev chip - neither i will ever need.

- Allow the user to Map it them self's - no way im playing with that!!

- Allow other companies top map the car - Horsham Are the closest mapper to me, and I see no reaosn why I would not use them again, and for that matter, why I would need to have the car mapped again anyway - Engine wise its pretty much complete now and nothing shoudl need ot ever change.

Can't wait for Mapping either, what Boost do you think is safe to run?