What's new

Craig's S15

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It’s about time I made myself a build thread, so here goes. As some of you probably know, this is my second S15 and I have owned this one for nearly a year now. I bought it from Martin (LK Drifter) who did some of the mods that are on the car now and very well if I may say so :nod: He is also a good sales rep as I originally called him to buy a bumper, but ended up buying his car ;)

Since buying this Silvia I have done a few bits and pieces to enhance it further but also have a lot waiting in the pipeline, just need to find the time to do it! My aim is not to go for all out power as I want to try and avoid the inherent problems associated with this for the time being. I just want to personalise and build it exactly how I want it whilst keeping it very reliable and immaculate :)

Anyway, that’s enough of me going on for now, here are the details and pictures!

Spec List

Performance

H Dev custom remap (319bhp 320lbs/ft)
Garrett GT28R BB turbo with HKS actuator
HKS EVC-S Boost controller
Autobahn 88 FMIC
Japspeed manifold and elbow, Blitz downpipe, HKS Hi-Power custom downpipe-back system
Custom AutoCross alloy rad with GReddy 1.3bar rad cap
Apexi air filter kit
Forge alloy recirculating dump valve
Walbro 255ltr/h fuel pump
S15OC carbon fiber/alloy ABS heat shield
S15OC carbon cooling panel
NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs
Earthing kit

Transmission

ACT Heavy duty organic S14 clutch kit
C's 6-speed short shifter
Red Line lightweight shockproof gearbox oil
Red Line heavyweight shockproof diff oil

Handling and braking

Work Emotion CR Kai 18" wheels in custom 'Ghost Chrome'
Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Tyres (225 40 fronts and 255 35 rears)
Apex Performance coilovers
Racelogic traction/launch/full throttle shift control
Tyresure tyre temperature/pressure monitoring system
K-Sport 8-pot 356mm front brake kit
K-Sport 6-pot 330mm rear brake kit
Freodo DS2500 pads all round
Z32 handbrake conversion
Whiteline front and rear ARB's
Hardrace body-coloured adjustable bushed control arms (F+R)
Energy Suspension polybushes (F+R)
Aluminium/poly diff mounts
Aluminium front strut brace
Wheel alignment set up by A-Line, Dudley

Interior

Bride Ergo II front seats
Bride seat rails
Bride floor mats
Infill G4 car PC running MS Windows OS, Centrafuse software and Nissan Datascan/Datalog
Alpine front and rear speakers
CF shifter surround

Exterior

'S15VYA' Private registration
Full factory Nissan Aero exterior pack
OEM HID headlights
Nissan wind deflectors
Origin LED tail lights
Clear side repeaters
Metallic black front splitter and rear diffuser sections

All bodywork carried out by LittleKnocks - South Ruislip

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I don't really like pewter s15's...

But that may have just changed my mind!

Reaction score
Looking awesome Craig!!! Love the seats and the car PC looks amazing!!! would love one of those!!

Reaction score
Country
Love it mate! :thumbs:
All the gadgets in the interior are so cool as well, may need to invest in one of those race logic systems. Fits in perfect there :nod:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hmm. I didn't realise you had an infill.

Nice pics mate.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thank you for the comments guys, it is appreciated :)

I'll be keeping this thread updated as I have a lot of work planned for it over the next few months. I know we keep saying this James but we MUST meet again soon and get some photos done! :nod:

S

S15 SILVIA

Craig your car looks lush!!!!
Love your selection of mods, along the same sort of line I was going to do.
If you ever decide to sell your wheels, please give me first dibs on em please mate.
Mike

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes mate - will deffo sort out a get together and some proper pics too :D I guess this'll happen when I take them gearbox mounts off your hands lol ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Here are the graphs that I got before my remap from a RR session on Weston Performance's Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer. As you can see, the fuelling went very rich above 4200rpm on the standard fuelling map, which is safe but not good for power as it only made 260bhp and similar torque. We then leaned the fuelling through datascan to compare results and it made and extra 20bhp straight off, pushing it to 280 at the fly at just under 0.8 bar peak. I was pleased with this as the power and torque figure was good for such low boost and by no means perfect fuelling.

Since then I have had it remapped by Jez Horsham to 1.3 bar but have not had it RR'd again as yet.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thank you for the kind coments^^ :)

Time for a small update. I spent the whole day woking on the Silvia today. Initial plan was to change the turbo gasket but even with a minor glitch it took less time than I anticipated, so I began fitting my twin electric fan setup too.

I decided to change the turbo gasket as one of the nuts had fell off and one was very loose a few weeks ago, causing it to blow. I tightened up the loose nut and refitted the missing one at the time, but there were no locking tabs so I decided to renew the lot.

All was going well until I removed the manifold/turbo/elbow. One of the turbo elbow bolts was totally mising, 2 were loose and 2 were tight still. This was not a problem, but the crack I found in the elbow was! It was about 4cm long and ran along one of the flange welds. I took the elbow (Japspeed) to a local welders who ran a TIG weld along the crack to seal it up until I get a new one. It also seemed like a good opportunity to give the engine bay a quick wash too!

Engine bay with setup removed (before wash).

Engine bay with setup removed (after wash).

One bolt missing, 2 loose and 2 still tight. Crack runs along left weld on this pic.

Crack re-welded.

Compressor blades looking nice and new still!

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
That looks like a jap speed elbow?? mine cracked in the same place also after about a year or so. Just welded it and its all good now! been busy then have you? hows it getting on?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Pretty much the same story as mine when I took it off a couple of weeks ago lol... I had two farside nuts missing and one was spinning on the stud :wack:

Weld looks good mate - I'll check it out this afternoon ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That looks like a jap speed elbow?? mine cracked in the same place also after about a year or so. Just welded it and its all good now! been busy then have you? hows it getting on?
Yeah it's a Japspeed elbow indeed. I've heard lots of stories of them cracking, so wasn't too suprised when I saw it. The manifold looks ok still which is also Japspeed. Just ordered myself a Tomei mani and elbow this morning, ready for next time the elbow bolts come loose!

Pretty much the same story as mine when I took it off a couple of weeks ago lol... I had two farside nuts missing and one was spinning on the stud :wack:
Yea, its strange, I remember seeing your post about it too! Don't know if it's just a Japspeed thing or if all elbows tend to do it!?

I'm going to drill small holes through the heads of the bolts next time and wirelock them together.