What's new

Craig's S15

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah cool I can see why with slippage the figures would be even higher mate :)

As you say it's down to the driving styles and for some reason, I've always wanted a VTEC as a second car just so I can rag the hell outta her haha!!!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Super tidy look - love it
Cheers mate :)

I've got a few more pics from the last Dyno run and my freshly powder coated inlet manifold that I recently bought from Dean (cheers for that mate) :) I'm sticking with the 'black theme' under the bonnet but will also replace the blue silicone hoses with matt black Samco ones as and when.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Looking good Craig :thumbs:

Not seen the kia's in chrome before, they look really smart.

Do love that computer gizmo you have :cool:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Darren :)

I haven't updated this in a while because I haven't really done anything else, but I did a small trackday a few weeks ago and have just received the images from it. Unfortunately it rained in the morning so had the TC cutting the power back even in 3rd gear on low boost, but it soon cleared up for some quick afternoon laps.
Enough talking, here are the pics which are courtesy of Brian Tallett.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Allan. The tail lights were on the car when I got it but they can be bought from RHD Japan etc.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nah, you should be ok with them as they aren't really that expensive. Even if you do have to pay it's only be £30 max I imagine.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Thought you had your S15 rapped up in cotton wool all the time ;) good to see you using it for a bit of fun :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thought you had your S15 rapped up in cotton wool all the time ;) good to see you using it for a bit of fun :thumbs:
Haha, I do! :p

That's only the 3rd time it's been driven in the rain in my 14 months of ownership! :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Craig is a closet 'boy racer' haha :p

Ace pics and gutted I wasn't with you at Curborough... I'm going in October if you fancy it again but... it could be raining lmao ;) :D

Any chance we can sort out getting your spare intake plenum sprayed black so I can have it off you when I come to swap mine over. Want to do this soonish so please lemme know the price of powder coating and how much you want for your plenum and I'll send some dosh over via PayPal etc :thumbs:

Think I'm also going with mainly black theme but keeping the blue silicone just so I'm completely copying your ideas!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Craig is a closet 'boy racer' haha :p

Ace pics and gutted I wasn't with you at Curborough... I'm going in October if you fancy it again but... it could be raining lmao ;) :D
What dates are you going to Curborough in October? I'll see what I can do as it is a good laugh. If it's raining I'll come in the Pug of dooom! ;)

If you are ready for the plenum now you can have this pre-done one and I'll have your old one if you like? I paid £30 to have it flatted, dipped, stripped and coated, so you can have it for that plus your plenum. I'm not going to be fitting it until next year now as I've just spent my spare money on that Pug! Was going to get it all fitted at once with the injectors and remap etc.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
looks awesome mate. Always good to have some fun on the track.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
What dates are you going to Curborough in October? I'll see what I can do as it is a good laugh. If it's raining I'll come in the Pug of dooom! ;)

If you are ready for the plenum now you can have this pre-done one and I'll have your old one if you like? I paid £30 to have it flatted, dipped, stripped and coated, so you can have it for that plus your plenum. I'm not going to be fitting it until next year now as I've just spent my spare money on that Pug! Was going to get it all fitted at once with the injectors and remap etc.
Should be going on Sat 30th October - I know the guys who run trackdaydrivers.com and this is one of the days they are organising. £55 for full day session etc :) But won't really be commiting till early October as I have to see funds and ask the good lady grrrrr!! :wack:

I just thought maybe I won't do the intake plenum like yourself until I get 740cc injectors ready to put in (stupid me let go the ones you bought in for me doh) plus the AFM and GT2871R :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Its been a while since I last updated this so here goes..

I've been buying all the parts needed for my rear end overhaul which will be happening next week. I bought a used Z32 handbrake setup which had a bit of surface rust on the components so I gave them a bath of Deox-C to remove the rust and original plating and was very impressed with the results. I took them to a local company to get re-plated today and they are doing the lot (48 items) for £10 which is great. I just hope there are 48 items there when I go to pick them up!!

I decided to take advantage of Driftworks' HSD groupbuy too so my Apex Gen1's will be replaced with them. Finally decided to go with solid diff mounts and poly subframe mounts too. Everything else apart from the handbrake cables is here now so ready to go next week :)

Pics coming soon but it is likely to be a carbon copy of Deans thread!