What's new

My S15 Spec R

D

djmasterg

Hey dude yea it would of been :) was going a wee blast down the Hurlet Road lol where were you?
I was driving this one

Running as a number "9" towards Linwood. I didnt mention it but - yeah - I am a bus driver. What are you doing on friday 16.07.2010? Maybe I could meet you somewhere?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Aww that would be why I didnt see you then :p dont think I will be doing much depends if the misses is working or not though I will PM you tomorrow dude :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Few more bit have been added to my wee list for when the car will be going off the road to be totaly stripped down for next year :) woo

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Been quiet for a while though still collecting my long list of bits :)

after stripping some bits off here is what my Spec R is sitting like....:wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
few more pics of what I have been up to in my spair time lol :)

and us happy at work :wack:

So far as yous can see the turbo side of things is out of there tomorrow taking the inlet mani off etc and then taking out the engine tail end of this week let the fun begin :rotfl:

D

djmasterg

Alan, let me know if you're going to take out lsd by 20 of September. Have fun guys :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
lol me and my mate had a pain in the arse of a time trying to get the pipe work off from the hot pipe, just gathering more parts the now while we rip the engine out :)
see the guy you sold your blitz dumpvale and hot pipe to James on sxoc (xpcobra) that my mate in the pic :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
see the guy you sold your blitz dumpvale and hot pipe to James on sxoc (xpcobra) that my mate in the pic :)
lol no waaay??!! I was just about to post on this thread that I sold my Blitz SS dump valve to someone from Paisley but I couldn't remember the name of the estate he had on his address haha :wack: What a co-incidence!!

He should have it today delivered by 24 hour courier :)

So what are your plans with the engine and stuff?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
lol I know small world dude :wack:

Engine will be getting either the HKS 2.2 Stroke with full HKS head work Cams Valves etc, Topmount turbo set up aswell but just looking into if the costs are worth the 2.2 or if just forged internals will hold enough punishment, but will be a total drift slag for next year fingers crossed will have it done for JAE 2011 :rotfl:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
See I dont want to take away the fact its still a Nissan know what I mean, If money no object there would be a RB26DETT N1 getting put in there....buuuut I need to start the lottory for that to happen, so sx-si forged or stroke? :wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I think am going to go down that road tbh was having a think if am going to spend 1000s of £ on a rebuild I might aswell do it to a good decent spec at the end of the day :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice1 dude - yeah I was going for stoker but maybe just refresh of the engine with some uprated parts and then the topmount turbo kit from Mazworx with GT3071 (IIRC??) should be nice for 400 bhp plus.

Also need to sort out RB box conversion first tho!! :wack:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ls2 is my dream engine for this car, cam change, headers and a remap.....500 horsies with BIG torque from low revs, but, the sr is a great engine. the best thing about ls2's is they'd be mated to a gearbox designed to take the power and the engine would only be very mildly tuned for big power so reliability would be good, clutch would feel nice, no nasty noises, no revving the nuts off it.......

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
How much do they weigh though? I know they are alloy blocks, but so is the SR but half the size!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
After a think today I am serious for going for a HKS full head set up and 2.2 Stroker kit aswell so thats now the plans for the end of 2010 and 2011 :rotfl: bye bye pennys :wack:
there was a big talk on the ls2's being put in instead of doing a stroker on the sr20 and the guys from driftworks just slated it saying its a waste of time etc, guess its down to prefrance at the end of the day :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The most annoying thing about our cars is the weak gearbox. That is the only thing stopping me going for a bigger turbo as I don't want to downgrade to a bodged 5-speed.