What's new

Dean's S15

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I'm going to look at an 08 civic type r gt tomorrow so it will have to go in the next couple of months rather than it just sit there... Just put 6 months tax and some yellow jacket coil packs on it too :( the civic will be fine to replace the silvia and my daily as a 'do it all' and has the fixings for a baby seat and a decent boot. I'd love to keep the silvia but it's just a little to hardcore for taking a newborn out and with everything we have planned, heartbreakingly, it's time to step away from modifying cars :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The civic are a very good car,the suspension can be very unforgiving but on the whole they are pretty decent,I have covered about 60k miles in the 2 I have owned and never had any problems!
I am selling my 10 plate,probably be out of your price range if you are looking at 08 cars.
The usual things to look out for when you buy is creaking from the subframe,clutch noise in 2nd gear when cold(all warranty covered problems)the standard brakes on the 08 give off a lot of dust especially at the rear and aren't very good,they use a new compound now,plus get the allignment checked as its nromally way out without camber correction bolts! and the paint will chip so be prepared to not have a mint car! My old one needed the whole front resprayed after a year and a half!
Great car though sure you will enjoy it,defo a happy medium of comfort and performance!gonna miss mine when its gone

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate. I've been mulling it over and it will be hard, the silvia is at the pinnacle of it's condition, it's physically impossible to make the bodywork and cleaner, the brakes, clutch, suspension parts are all new and it's running nicely too.... I literally have done 100 miles in it since it had full wheel alignment and only about 150 since it left the bodyshop from the full respray. I think the price is very realistic as a clean (but not perfect) standard one still goes for around 10k, this car is so close to utterly perfect but with things moving very fast in my home life I need to simplify stuff and start getting rid of silvia related parts that are dotted all over my house lol. We dont need 4 cars and as much as I'd like the silvia to be the one to keep it makes so much more sense to change that and the lupo for one ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Certainly does mate,what's the spec and price of the lupo?
I know what your saying,running costs are pretty good on the civic tbh apart from tax has just gone up to 265 but as you say only paying 1 insurance 1 tax etc will probably work out cheaper.
I don't think there is anything that could be done to improve your car glwts mate,I hope it goes to a good home!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Its a shame to see you sell this mate after all the work you have put into it. What makes you think it to hardcore for the baby? Having used mine to lug my kiddy around in for the past year, i'm intrested to hear your worries.
GLWTS all the same

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Certainly does mate,what's the spec and price of the lupo?
I know what your saying,running costs are pretty good on the civic tbh apart from tax has just gone up to 265 but as you say only paying 1 insurance 1 tax etc will probably work out cheaper.
I don't think there is anything that could be done to improve your car glwts mate,I hope it goes to a good home!

the lupo is the 02 silver 1.0 one i picked up a while back with 8k on the clock - my missus has a suzuki ignis sport but its a 1500vvt and she would now prefer the lupo because its cheaper to run/tax/insure and she puts company mileage on it as her job is community caring. i was previously paying about 330 a year tax on the silvia and lupo together and about 850 insurance for both, and two mot's etc, but its my addiction to playing with the silvia that needs to be put to bed lol.

Its a shame to see you sell this mate after all the work you have put into it. What makes you think it to hardcore for the baby? Having used mine to lug my kiddy around in for the past year, i'm intrested to hear your worries.
GLWTS all the same
thanks mate. the reason i need to get rid is a mixture of things.... firstly i dont like to drive it in any sort of crap weather so it will probably sit (again) for the next 5 months, secondly its obviously pretty lairy sounding and not ideal for a newborn and thirdly its pretty hard now that the whole car is polybushed throughout and fitted with tein flex coilovers. the cobra recliners are also a fair bit bulkier than the standard seats so access is more awkward than usual. theres only two mechanical niggles on the whole car - the k-sport brakes squeak when you are coming to a stop but they havent properly bedded in and have never ever got wet, secondly the gearbox i fitted when converting to s14 is noisy but works fine and is tight. best thing about that is a replacement now is only 150-200 and can be sourced all over very easily instead of having to hunt down a good condition 6 speed which isn't ideal on a 360hp/tq car. thats it.

anyway, i have already put down the deposit on the civic i wanted and collect it on weds or thurs so the car will be kept garaged until a genuine buyer comes along. my only worry is i see the thing with its bodywork all patched up with zipties down the line as it is genuinely one of the best condition cars (not just silvias) that i have ever seen and it has been my absolute pleasure to build and own it :) i will never EVER again invest so much time, money, effort and emotion into a car, this is the only one...

a friend of mine has a contact at total nissan magazine and he's going to have a chat with them to see if they would like to feature it, it would be great to have a magazine feature to commemorate my ownership of the car before it moves on :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Fair play mate, did not take the seats in to consideration. I would say they would be a big sticking point for a child seat and a passenger as I struggled with standard seats. Noise and ride I have not found to be a problem in fact she sleeps more in the 15 than she dose in the wife's corsa! Anyway all te beat with the sale and with the new car. Het some pics up and let us know about the feature.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
will do mate, thanks :) i wont be pushing hard for a sale on the s15, it should sell itself, but if it sits until after christmas then so be it. i also have a bundle of parts (some rare) all over my house that i will be putting up for sale as well in dribs and drabs. cheers :).

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
its not a full aero mate, the front is non aero with a genuine greddy lip. i'll keep you posted ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have to say if you have bought a type r mate the ride is still pretty unforgiving a lot of people complain about the firmness of the ride,I would say mine is hardly any softer than my 15 ,but the practicality is much much better,and the sound of the vtec never gets old!
Glwts mate,hope you can leave the civic alone,I bought mine coz I didn't want to mod anymore,that lasted about 2 months lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
We know you have a new arrival, but you must have done something since October, surely?! ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Lol, not really mate :) fitted a hks type 0 turbo timer the other day to replace my old model, fitted another five speed gearbox that doesn't whine like the first one I was sold, it has typical sr box noise but seems much better, also re-bled the brakes to try and purge any last bits of air out, I also doubled up the nuts on the rear subframe poly mounts as it seems because they are more of a cushion than the original it seems they might work loose over time, at least now I know they can't. Oh, and I removed the cobra recliners, fabricated some proper seat belt brackets and stripped the foam out of the bases ad took about an inch and a half off it's height, them trimmed the material back on so now I can actually fit my legs under the steering wheel on the lowest setting, they feel much better now. Apart from servicing it that's about all I've done..... It's ready for japfest, polished and covered :) hope you're well mate.