What's new

Dean's S15

S

Stuno1

How do you go about rolling the inner quaters of the arches mate? Assume you would need to do that fitting any 18's?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you dont neccesarily depending on how low you go and the size/offset of your wheels and tyres. rolling was an easy job, i just contacted archenemy.co.uk, they roll loads of arches in the community and have a glowing reputation. they come to your home or work with all the tools, tell you of any risks to paint if its damaged etc and remove the wheels, do the job and seal it up to prevent rust, all for less than 100-00. but the s15's i've seen that they have done they rolled back flat without causing any damage at all, didn't even mark the paint.....

S

S15 SILVIA

Dean, your car looks great!
Keep looking at your car with the wheels on.
Really inspired me to get some 18s on mine, looking at getting either grids, or gtr's in the same size as yours for mine, think I'm swaying towards the gtr's tho.
Couple of questions tho mate before I order some, why didn't you get et30s for the front instead of et35s with a 5mm spacer?
Just I was thinking of getting et30 front and rear? Will it clear the brakes ok? Any ideas?
Also do you have any uprated arms at all, just wondering your camber settings etc.
Ive only got 20mm drop on s-tune suspension with standard arms, wondering how the wheels will tuck or catch etc. Am going to get the rear arches rolled, but hoping it will all fit together ok till I upgrade to coilovers etc.

Looks fantastic tho mate. Nice clean example!!!
Mike

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
et35 was a safe fitment, in my opinion. turns out that they fitted just as nice with the spacer and cleared the coilovers better. my adjustable arms haven't arrived yet, so i'm on standard arms. theres noticeable negative camber on the rear and a little on the front but handling is pretty decent at the moment until i get aligned. there relly is plenty of room with these wheels, only may be a problem if i tried to run close to 0 degrees camber, it may then hit on the arch lips, so i'll always run a little for more clearance.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
little update :)

ordered a 300x600mm sheet of di-noc 3m carbon effect wrap from ebay for a tenner and thought i'd give it a go on my centre console......had a little trouble getting it to fit nicely around where the cig lighter would normally go so trimmed it back, but as a first attempt i'm pretty happy with it :)

other than the awkward cigg lighter hole this stuff is great to work with and looks good but still wont pass for real carbon to anyone that knows...but who cares. it covers the scratches lol.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate :) If you have scratches on the silver/grey plastic, a rattle can of Rover Steel Grey from Halfords is a prefect match as far as my eye can tell. I resprayed my cup holders and the surrounding area as they were scratched, and they look literally brand new again now IMO, and I'm fussy too!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
looks good mate,like the dry carbon look.
i sprayed my whole centre console too as it was all scratched,not same colour again though....like the look of the wrap though is it quite strong?ie scratch resistant?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
looks good mate,like the dry carbon look.
i sprayed my whole centre console too as it was all scratched,not same colour again though....like the look of the wrap though is it quite strong?ie scratch resistant?
yep, for a vinyl its pretty strong and i can see it lasting ages :)

Looking good mate :) If you have scratches the silver/grey plastic, a rattle can of Rover Steel Grey from Halfords is a prefect match as far as my eye can tell. I resprayed my cup holders and the surrounding area as they were scratched, and they look literally brand new again now IMO, and I'm fussy too!
cheers craig, i'll have a look at that paint, didnt want to paint though as it always seems to flake off interiors...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
cheers craig, i'll have a look at that paint, didnt want to paint though as it always seems to flake off interiors...
All I gave it was one really light coat from a distance just until the scratches had gone so it's more of a dusting than paninting it. The finish is still matt with the original feel and texture. Well, I suppose you can take a look next weekend :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Dean - I hope you're coming to the meet this Sat lol... be great to see this up front. Looks ace!! And £10 is much cheaper than the stuff I bought from Ace Imaging. Gonna get mine from eBay now :D

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i'll definitely be there the weekend :)

for anyone interested, here be the fleabay link :)
HERE

if you look in his shop you'll see he does all different sizes, delivery costs are steep, but the overall cost is still cheap compared to sticker companies :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
right, so the tax runs out in september, got a holiday booked and when i get back crappy weather will no doubt kick in not long after that.....

so - car will be sorn'd at the end of september ready for the big winter strip down....

i'll be removing the subframe and stripping it back to the frame itself, removing the fuel tank, propshaft, powdercoating each and every bolt on part, renewing all arms for adjustables, polybushing the subframe and hub carriers, blasting/stripping/zinc priming/tiger sealing all the seams/two coating the underbody with 2k paint and stonechip and then cleaning everything before building it all back up again :nod:. should see me through the winter with something to do, have had all the parts for ages already so shouldnt be an expensive process (powdercoating is pretty cheap to have done and the only other stuff to be bought is the paints/sealants). all in all the job should end up sorting most of the underside up to the bottom of the bulkhead and front wheel arches, as the front portion will be done at a later date when i can pull the engine and box out :wack:

should be lots of piccage as i go along so if anyone needs any write ups done while i'm there i'll be happy to do them with pics ;)

the end result will hopefully be a 'rust proof' s15, better than new underneath with added stiffness and bling, the underneath of the car is mostly rust free but there are places where there are patches of cosmetic, i'd rather do this now whilst no welding and repairs need doing and this should avoid having to do them at all :D

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers mate, but you know what rust is like - its cancer for cars and as i said i havent got much, but its started. the best thing the 15's have got going for them on this front is the fact they lived abroad for so long, if you look at the equivalent uk s14a of the same year or even newer you will find rot in quite a few places - the subframe, the arms, the rear inner arches, the front inner arches, the bumper frames, the sills.......i dont want to have to deal with repairing rust so thought its best to do it now. originally i was just going to drop the subframe and sort that, but when i've gone to the trouble of removing that its much easier just to do the rest while its off :)

S

Stuno1

Lol... Not selling anymore then mate? That will be a busy winter! Will be well worth it though.