What's new

Dean's S15

Reaction score
Country
cheers mate, i tried and failed to find a proper solution and in the end stumped up for the moonface racing plug from rhdjapan - 22 quid for a rubber plug and bling sticker lol
Aw mate, you shoulda posted up before you bought it lol. i have a bag of rubber bungs under my bed that fit in the wiper hole very snug.

Looks good though :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
cheers for the offer mate, if i'd known i'd of asked ;)

another little update job type thing.

had the middle box on the silent hi-power system cut out and a straight length welded in (thanks for the heads up james ;)). i'm yet to test it for noise but it looks good lol - and gives me more ground clearance. so far with the exhaust modifications i've done i think i actually have more ground clearance than when i got it with the standard exhaust and i've lowered it another 15mm since then :).

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That looks good mate, nice quality job. Let us know what it sounds like when you get chance to go out in it :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mate that looks like a brand new exhaust straight from HKS lol!!! :wack:

How do you do it??!!

Looks quality weld - so neat and tidy. You should find similar original characteristics in the sense that on idle very little difference but on throttle there's deffo more aggression and a 'throaty' sound hehe ;)

Curryzz

Reaction score
hi dean, can i be cheeky and ask what size are your rotas?i no there 18s but offset and tyre size?just wana to compare them to mine, cheers bud

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
no probs mate, rears are 9.5x18 et30 with a 255/35
fronts are 8.5x18 et35 with a 225/40 and a 5mm spacer ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
fraid not mate.....they do get a bashing on the forum but i love my rotas :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm looking at Rota GTR-D's now (straight 5 spokes with big dishes as used on Phil's DW S15)... These are not copies of anything on the market so are original Rota design hehe. That should stop the JDM police haha :p

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
they are a nice wheel mate, offsets and widths are all quite aggressive though, more than i fancied even though i liked the wheel.....

Curryzz

Reaction score
your wheels look really nice dean, i keep thinking about 17s, i have 18s at the mo but i want the car to be lower to the ground but got a feeling 17s wont look rite an maybe to low if i get a bodykit in the future:)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers mate - i had 17's before and they looked a lot smaller, theres been no real compromise on comfort as the tyre profiles arent that low - also it closes up the gap in the arches without having to deck the whole car to get that look - handling is just as good as before and the gearing seems the same as the rolling radius hasnt drastically altered. my exhaust still scraped on even low humps until i had the centre box cut out, so on 17's with a kit on, i'd imagine you'd be dragging the kit/exhaust or chassis rails on humps....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
FirStly wanted to say I love your car and hopefully one day mine will be as clean as yours.;ust a quick question bout your wheels as it looks like your arches are standard,just wondered if you have any rubbing issues or whether you have had to roll or trim your arches to accomodate the wheels???cheers

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
FirStly wanted to say I love your car and hopefully one day mine will be as clean as yours.;ust a quick question bout your wheels as it looks like your arches are standard,just wondered if you have any rubbing issues or whether you have had to roll or trim your arches to accomodate the wheels???cheers
cheers mate - appreciate it :)

the rear arches are rolled back flat inside the rear quarters, the fronts are standard with full liners. i have only ever had contact on the front twice, going over the same railway crossing on both occasions which was very bumpy and that was literally just a touch. no damage, rubs or marks caused at all - full lock is no problem ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
they are a nice wheel mate, offsets and widths are all quite aggressive though, more than i fancied even though i liked the wheel.....
yeah I'm not sure anymore as I just realised that they only do 18" for GTR-D's... I'm not man enough to take 18's haha :p :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
sweet only ask because they look like they fit nice and snug and am gonna be getting my wheels sorted very soon,just wanted to see what i could get under the standard arch. Do you get any tram lining and how is the grip through corners and when planting it?

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
no tram lining and grip is good - as good as with the 17's........but thats with arb's, coilovers and a few other suspension tweeks too....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Wicked,I have arb's coilies and fully adjustable suspension arms all just gone on so hopefully should be fine them. Cheers for the help matE,now just gotta find some wheels I like.......