What's new

RB26DET powered S15 (bodyworxs-projects)

Reaction score
hi,

i´m from germany and i living near berlin.

i´m a member till 1 year. till i ordered my new projectcar i read many thniks about other projects.

its really interesting and its a great place for getting some infos and knowleg.

i got my car at 16.march 2009. it was the best day of my life. but the hole day was a little tricky :D.

the first pictures i made 4x days after.

the same day i starting for thinking about a big project.
at the first time i was thinking about blue painting, but thats not my actual choose.

i cant bring the pictures in order, so i think its the best post them in categorys.
i´m sry about my bad english. writing isn´t the best way for me but i hope u all understand what i´m writing :D.

Reaction score
here is the partlist of nearly all the parts i got around the last year, most of them are allready into my car.

Bodykit
its a origin stylish line. i got it from a member 1 month before my car arrived germany. the quality is perfekt.

frontfenders +2, rearfenders +3

Gearbox
because i planed to place a rb26dett engine inside of the car and dont want to go awd i bought a rb25 r33 gts-t transmission.
the pivot was broken, so i ordered a nismo one at rhd japan. because i love it i bought a ikeya-sequential-shifter too.
the clutchmaster and pedals are from a s15 mt.
the clutchline is from HEL and the clutchslave is a nissan rb25 new one.

Suspension and Steering
i decide going for a greddy type-s include remote controller.
because the tie rod ends was damaged i ordered a complete set of tein tie rods and tie rod ends. its a hugh diffrent, they are about 55% STRONGER.

Reaction score
Engine parts
here i show u some engine parts. first at all the T04R HKS turbocharger. i planed to manage all with a apexi pwer fc include commander.
i bought some 1000cc injectors from usa RC engeneering include bigger fuel rail. one of my favorite parts is the trust oilcooler or style maybe (not important for me).
at last u can see 3x silicone hoses i boughts from autobahn88 because i nee 3x reducers from 80mm to 64mm. great parts with 4x layers. high quality.

Fuelfilter
i planed for use a single Bosch 044 as intank pump. so i bought a filter for using it intank. pictures of the fuelpump follow.

Catback
i planed for going a apexi catback i bought for cheap money. but its only 2,75" and i hink it would be too tricky fitting it. i think i would buy a new one with direct fitment for s15.

Differential ratio
i thought it would be much more great having a hugh torque at the rearwheels. so i bought a 4:625:1 ratio. its a favorite mod i japan and the parts are hard to get.

this was the most parts at the moment. some parts aren´t listed but u would see them in the project build. i´m sry for this :D.

Reaction score
Engine removing
after only 3 weeks i start the project with removing the engine. its a sr20de with at.

after the the car stands around for around 6month without doing anything. problem was that i was waiting for the engine i ordered but the guy i bought from dont think it would be important sending the engine to me. i wait around 8-10 month for it.

after i was waiting aound 6month i noticed that it would took all to long to wait and testfitted it. so i was doing a few other process. u would see in the next posts.

Reaction score
Bodykit Testfitting
at the beginning i start testfitting the bodykit. important for me was the quality of the fenders. thats origin ones and the quality is nearly perfekt. would buy them again any time.

Reaction score
Engine
after 10month of waiting i recive it. its a r33 rb26dett engine. i plan to use it as singleturbo, so dont wonder if i´m talking about rb26det.

Clutch
before i put the gearbox to the engine i place the new clutch.
its a ogura 709d 2plates clutch. i use new flywheelbolts too.

Oilpan
i dont want to modify the rb26 oilpan so i decide to modify a rb25 one. because the oilpickup is to near the pan i have to make a cutout.

Reaction score
Put it in
putting the engine inside of the enginebay goes pretty fast. bad part wasthat the engine was to clode to the firewand. a few day later i remove it again and modify the firewand.

Custom mounts
i planed to dont use mckinney mounts. i thoungt the better way was to make my own custome made parts.
i cute the gearbox mount and make it 6cm longer.

Reaction score
Intercooler
I decide for going a 12cm intercooler for gtr. was 2x nice and easy days making mount for it and fitting it to the car. i love this part because it macke the s15 more agressive :D.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Intercooler piping
i just bought a piping for wrx because for nice price i got many piping parts and it have much degrees in it. i cutting it and done 2x of the 4x parts till now. still waiting for the engine mouts for making the last two pipes.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Manifold
i took the manifold i got and cut off the wastegate flange. i got a nice hks gt2 wastegate 50mm and fitted the flange to it.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Reaction score
Turbocharger fitting
put all to the engine like manifold, turbo, injectors and fuelrail. fits very well into the s-chassis. the y-pipe is a hks one. about filters i use u would read in the next posts.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Reaction score
Frontcrossmember
for front crossmember i choose the r33 gts-t one. i cleaned it and painted it in black.

Rearcrossmember
i planed to make the crossmember much stronger. so i replace the factory mounting rubbers and take aluminum parts.

Reaction score
Front suspension
i painted all arms and suspension parts. now all looks like new. i paint them from all sides...not only the sides u can see. dont want to post all pictures :D.

Tein tie rods
i remove the old ones and replace them with new tein tie rods and tien tie rod ends. nice parts. now i hae a little bid more steering angle.

Reaction score
Rearfenders
must be around 3month ago where i dis this job. we cut out around 9cm of the orignal arch. after welding i start putting the rear fenders over it.

i decide making one layer frp between rearfenders and overfenders and after this on at the top.

Frontfenders
simple job was drilling some holes and mountig the frontfenders. the complete job put 30minutes :D.

please dont wonder about the front. the full process of it would follow. next week i think i would finishing the frontbumper.

Reaction score
Enginebay
i striped the complete enginebay and painted it white. i cleaned up all parts and paint some.

Reaction score
Underfloor and innerarches
i decide for white undercoating. after coating i noticed that "white" isn´t white. so i painted the complete underfloor and innerarches white again.

so it looks now!!!

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
awesome work. really nice job. look forward to seeing it finished.

Reaction score
Country
Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this, and it shows:nod:
Keep up the good work, should be great when it's finished.

S

S15 SILVIA

That's a fantastic build there! Look forward to seeing the finished article.
You sure have sank some money into this project too.

Mike

V

V-MAX

I like your style... Lots of work gone into your project. The quality looks high and sure will be good when its all done.

And your English is great by the way, much better than my German...

Reaction score
Engine mounts

today i got my engine mounts back from welding. the plates got weldet frong, but with making a new hole i got the problem. i make the oem screws shorter and mouted them to the car.

Fuel pump

a few days before i got my new Bosch 044 pump. with the shown filter i would use it intank.

Status now

so, now i would bring the car back to my other garage. i think i can brng the car in 4-5weeks back for painting. i allready know what color i want :D.