What's new

RB26DET powered S15 (bodyworxs-projects)

Reaction score
Subscribed. Let me know when you get to the fun part of wiring as I see you are keeping the ABS setup as well. I need all the help I can get with the wiring. I have the original S15 SR harness and the R32 harness. Right now my engine is getting some forged stuff and some small upgrades, looking for nothing more than 500 reliable HP, mild porting, HKS 256 cams, gasket matching and having a good matching setup.

Reaction score
wiring is like hell. a good friend and me would do that. at the moment he is searching for some pins (funktions) what are not in s-chassis and searching for what they doing.

but....abs is no problem.

take the gtr loom, cut it off and remove all wires from the abs. 1-2 gos to ecu, the other goes to the sensor and the conecting pint at the front. all wires at this connector can be removed. there ars 6x thick wires, thats + from the injectors. in s15 they goes to the inside of the car.

the only things we dont remove from the s15 harness is, wiper engine, abs sensor (left wheel), the connector for the servo pressure, abs (complete). if i´m right now all other wires can be cuttet out.

i have now 6 weeks for finishing the car, so, may be i have some more inforations in a few weeks.

Reaction score
Thanks I am trying to get the hang of it with the wiring. Waiting until the engine is done to lok at wiring.

Reaction score
Frontbumper

Because the bumper of the origin stylish line have this ugly wave in the middle of the lip, i decide for making it straight and changing it by myself.

the next step u would see would be next week. the next week is complete for making the car ready for the painting.

Reaction score
Actually that is exactly what I wanted to do to mine. Man we think alike. I am just not good with fibreglass :(.

Reaction score
fibreglass is a simple job. but i hate that it smells and is like glue on the hands. the mould i make for the lip is only the simplest way of doing a mold. if u look a few pictures before u can see a firbeglasmould of the underside of a s15 hood i was doing myself. may be i make a few carbon hoods in a half year. :D.

Reaction score
now i finished the frontbumper for around 99%. tomorrow i got finished and i would fitting it to the intercooler.

i´m really afreight about how its looking now.

Reaction score
Looks really well man. Can wait to see it on the car. Let me know on the wiring if you can, even if your friend can give me some details on what goes where.

J

JapanS15

:thumbs:Holy Crap! Superb build going on here!!!! Keep up the hard work! And definitely keep us all updated on your progress!:thumbs:

Reaction score
the last week i swap my s15 spec-s differential for a s13 welded one. today i got the last 2x screws and got this finished.

then i put the rearbumper to my car and bring the frontbumper to ther garage where my car is. hope i got it fitted tomorrow.

http://img214.imageshack.us/i/heckschrze1.jpg/

after all i put the metal ring at the gear boot to the shifter and fitted the rubber boot. there is still one problem i have to change. the e-brake is to close to the ikeya shifter. have a idea how i can change the mounting from the e-brake but i would see how it works tomorrow.

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/ikeya1.jpg/
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/ikeya2.jpg/

the wiring isn´t finished till now. the godd friend doesn´t have time the weekend we would do this but at the phone he told me a few things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please let me know when you get the wiring done. It will help me immensely, maybe you can PM me your friend's email address so I can chat with him if you don't mind as I am grinding to a halt right now.

Reaction score
Lucky for you I have taken the plunge and got an S15 front half from Japan and in the process of swapping an SR20DET back into her. I will still build the RB26 but it will be swapped into my ER34 GTT.

Reaction score
Nah it's just that the machinist is taking too long with my headwork and the RB build will be set back another month or so and I an tired of having the car sit here doing nothing. Wiring is the least of my problems and I can have someone do it for me. For now the SR being a direct drop in is all good for me.

Reaction score
I have been waiting 5 years to drive this car, it was originally an S14, hahaha now it's an S14.5 but looks like an S15 entirely :D. The RB build has been ongoing for years now as parts came in slowly but now more than ever I need the car on the road as my daily ER34 GTT needs some work as well.

Reaction score
i´m sry. i can´t give a really update because i´m ill at the moment but i got some new parts and want to let u know about.

Radiator
i want to fit a 52mm radiator first but there would be not enought space for it include fans. so i decide to fit a smaller one first and if this one wouldn´t cool the water enought i would remove the AC and fit a bigger one.
this one was for sr20 but a good friend reweldet it.

Downpipeflange
my turbocharger have a strange flange. i couldn´t find it so i decide for making a custom one. a good friend handled it for me. really thanks to him.

Steeringwheel
i decide for selling my s15 oem steeringwheel and buy this great one for me. great quality. size is 350mm and i think the size is perfect for me. a works bell short hub is on the way.

EGT Gauge
this one is an auber egt gauge. its digital and check the exhaustgastemperatur 3x times a second. can handle up to 1200 degree. special thanks to waffenschmiede.au for that great deal.

Driveshaft
because of the rb-swap into a s15 i wasn´t sure what kind of driveshaft i could fit to my car. so i decide order a custom made driveshaft at shaftmasters.com. great quality for less money.