What's new

My New Car

Jay

Reaction score
saw a few about for that money too, but i wanted to find one with the bulk of work already done (coil-overs, 300bhp engine mods, bodykit etc) so saving £5k plus on mods. i have spent a fortune on my civic and expect exactly nothing back on the resale value. with the work done i can enjoy the car for a while before spending out!

Jay

Reaction score
apparently so, my guess is there is some engine management and mapping going on with it somewhere. seen the dyno readout @ 303bhp. time will tell i spose, im taking everything with the proverbial pinch of salt till i see what it'll do with my own eyes.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
303bhp sems a bit high for a S15 with an air filter, FMIC and exhaust.

It's not all just about figures though. If you having fun and enjoy driving it, thats all that really matters IMO.

This is a good guide for what you need for what power gains..
290-310bhp

Jay

Reaction score
fair comment.... having never properly driven anything with the sr20 lump under the bonnet, im obviously not the best to make guesses!

i go to pick the car up today (on the back of a trailer unfortunatly!). it failed the mot on "suspension strut fouling the bodywork", inoperative fog light, and leaking center section of the exhaust. due to this i negotiated a £600 discount, so now have the car for £7900. was going to upgrage the exhaust anyway for a stainless item (any suggestions on make welcome), so the only issue is the tein strut. after speaking to my local man who runs tein on his supra, this could just be an adjustment issue as the silvia is running very low clearance. there were no advises on the mot and it passed the emissions. all in all, im happy at the price but disapointed im not gonna get to drive it for another week!

watch this space!

Reaction score
Thats a shame mate, at least you got a nice amount off, hopefully the suspension will be able to be sorted easily, I don't really understand? what does suspension strut fouling the bodywork mean? I was an MOT assistant for 4 years and never heard that one! lol I would be inclined to check it out before you hand over the cash... just incase!! :thumbs:

Jay

Reaction score
Thats a shame mate, at least you got a nice amount off, hopefully the suspension will be able to be sorted easily, I don't really understand? what does suspension strut fouling the bodywork mean? I was an MOT assistant for 4 years and never heard that one! lol I would be inclined to check it out before you hand over the cash... just incase!! :thumbs:
the strut by the look is mounted with the offset the wrong way round. my mechanic has looked at it and says it just needs turning round as it was just brushing the tyre on full lock. the fog lights have the wrong colour bulbs in, and was gonna change the exhaust anyway. 600 bucks off? result!!!

Jay

Reaction score
Hi Mate, can I know what brand are the guages? Ultra cool!
thanks, yeah i like them too! tbh i aint got a clue on the make yet as the short time i been behind the wheel, i been hanging on for my life and grinning stoopidly, not paying much attention to the gauges!!! will try and sort that for you when it comes back from the garage...

Reaction score
Country
Mate pls also let me know if there is some sort of controller for the guages (like the defi link controller2).

I checked with the makers (should be dakotadigital.com), but they seem lost.

Jay

Reaction score
Mate pls also let me know if there is some sort of controller for the guages (like the defi link controller2).

I checked with the makers (should be dakotadigital.com), but they seem lost.
the make as far as i can tell is "glowshift" and no, there is no controller for the 3 gauges (oil pressure, fuel pressure and water temp)

just found the website... www.glowshiftdirect.com they are an american company, maybe you could find a controller there?

hope this is of help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks alot mate. I think yours are dakota digital gauges, the Glow Shift logo makes the guages look cheap. Yuks!

Jay

Reaction score
update...

i got the mot!!! all legal and on the road. managed to blag the exhaust (hopefully a hks hi-power on the way)
already had it going sideways (unintentionally) but realised now that particularly in this great weather we not been having, i gotta show the '15 some respect. its been 15 years since i have owned a rwd car and it coming back to me, but gonna have to invest in some quality tyres to start with, and a rr session to see how the engine is running.

its all good!!!