What's new

Another Silvia on it's way!

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.
Been a member on here for a couple of months now, and finally after a few months searching, ive found my Silvia!:D
Cant wait to get my hands on it now!:cry:

The car is almost exaclty what i was after, except for the milage, which is a little higher than i wanted, but not excessive.
And i ideally wanted one without a spoiler, but the Nismo spoiler is a nice addition!

The car is a 2003 spec r, V-package, 1 owner car.
Factory aero front side and rear spats, plus Nismo rear spoiler
83k km - 51k miles
17" Work wheels
Nismo suspension (unfortionately not coilovers)
Also got a few extras, and comes with the original wheels and suspension.

Not to sure weither i like the wheels, as im not a lover of gold wheels. Will either powdercoat the centres a different colour, or sell them?
Also plan to get coilovers at a later date.

Does anyone have an idea what the gauge/display is to the left of the steering wheel, and what the red thing is by the inlet manifold? Is it a fuel atomiser or something?

Let me know what ya think!

Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

Yes and no. . . . . . LOL
Built late 2002, but sold in early 2003, so is registered as a 2003. 52 plate apparently!

U

udi

Built in 2002 means it's a 2002 model. There's no such thing as a 2003 S15. ;)

For the record, my S15 is the same as yours: built in 2002 but first registered in 2003 - doesn't mean anything when it comes to year model.

S

S15 SILVIA

I understand it is a 2002 car, as they stopped production late 2002, just I've been informed that it is classified as a 2003 car! Also when it was auctioned, it was listed as a 2003 in the auction sheet.
Not to sure, or bothered to be honest! Lol
what reg plate is your car on? 52?

U

udi

Purchase and registration year doesn't mean anything, nor what was listed in the auction sheet. Build year is 2002, therefore the car is a 2002 model.

I'm in Australia (and the car was purchased here brand new) so our registration plates are completely different.

S

S15 SILVIA

Yeh I'm with you on the 2002 thing, just wasn't sure how it works.
Saying that tho, my neighbour recently bought a new car, and was a little miffed when she was told what her reg it was going to be. As we were just about to change reg numbers (time of year).
The Ford dealer offered to keep the car a couple of weeks, so that it would have the newer registration!
Like I say I'm not fussy, just saying what I was told, and what I saw on the japanesse auction sheet!

Also. Anyone know what them bits are?
Mike

Last edited:
S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.

Little update, had a couple more pics sent through today, and i must say, looks to be a nice example.
Only thing is it definetly needs coilovers, just need to decide on what type to get.
Also if i like the look of the wheels in the flesh, will be getting em powdercoated a nicer colour, otherwise will be putting em up for sale if anyones interested.
Wouldnt mind moving the rears to the front, with a stretch on the tyre, and getting some wider versions for the back.:D
What colour do you think i should have em done, was thinking of a smoked chrome colour!?

Any coments welcome!

S

S15 SILVIA

Thanks!
Mike from torque helped me source the car, and I must say that he has been great. Really helpfull and patient! Lol
Got the car for an ok price to be honest, but has got lots of the original parts with it, which I can sell to recoupe some of the cash back.
Would have been much cheaper to get one already in the Uk, but I wanted one of the last and newest ones, nothing suitable cought my eye over here!
Can't wait to get my hands on it and start to play!

What you think of the wheels tho? Honestly, can't work out if they are nice or not! Lol

Reaction score
Country
Ahh nice one mate sounds all good! I like the wheels, id be happy if mine had come with those. Like how the rears have a little bit of dish, shame the fronts dont. I need some! Nissan 16s are a bit fail!

S

S15 SILVIA

Lol
I'm sure you'll sort that in time. Might have some nice Work rims available for you soon! ha ha.
I quite fancy some diamond cut Volk ce28 18s, but mabey I'm just dreaming, we'll see.

Reaction score
Country
nice one! have you got an ETA for it?

i noticed your front lights have a black backing round the lights, whilst mine are a more champagne/bronze colour.. why is this? does anyone know the difference or is it purely colour? or are the black ones aftermarket?

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers, should be here early April, and then ready nearer the end of April, early may!
Quite sure they're standard headlights, thought they only did em with a black background, or some had the Factory option of silver/chrome backing.
Sure yours havnt been pulled apart and painted?
Mike

Reaction score
Looking good mate, alot of goodies to play with!

Not sure about those parts, the red one is obviously something to do with the fuel though lol

How about white for the wheels? get on photoshop!!

Wish mine had come with wind deflectors!!... if you dont like them in the flesh, ill have them off you! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I quite like that rear spoiler on it can you find out what make and model it is Torque should be able to find out, I need something now I have the Carbon Boot fitted but not sure if I should re-fit my Ducktail or get a new one. :thumbs:
Black the wheels for now till you can get some new ones