What's new

Project "Lolita"

Reaction score
Country
looking very nice! just to bad you had to go for the black headlights instead of the L-package ones. weird that nissan didnt sell those :/
Yeah I know!! :(

Shame you had to go back to the standard bumper. Is your aero one irreparable?
Nah the aero one is well beyond feasible repair.. It would take someone a LONG time to get it back to 'showworthy' standard :(

Reaction score
Country
Pity. I just brought one from Nissan new after selling my original ad I wasn't quite happy with it. Try putting your one for sale and use the money you make to buy a new one. Mine cost me £800 through garage D. But I sold the original for £500!

Reaction score
Country
800? thats not a bad price considering i got quoted £1k painted inc delivery from nissan.jp
my original isnt worth selling to be honest mate. it can be my crash spare. plus i couldnt bring myself to sell someone something broken lol

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I suppose. Mine wasn't that bad to be honest. Only missing two clips of the front for the arch liners. Other than that it was fine. Still a lot of money for a peice of plastic. However the car does look a million dollars with it on.

Reaction score
Country
yeah couldnt agree more.. :( ah well... i've still got the rest of the aero kit on so doesnt look so bad :)

Reaction score
Country
Well then Guys (and Girls?) Here is my latest installment of the S15 Saga...
Its been a while since my last update, and a LOT has happened since.. So here goes

First up, FMIC, new number plate(& registration :p), Silver headlights (Same as the ones I had before the crash, but couldn't get from Nissan anymore.. thanks to Martin & Craig for those! Also, ignore the wonky looking bonnet/bumper :p my bumper isnt bolted on properly on the passenger side at the moment :(

Next Up.. R33 Brakes, Front and Rear + new redstuff pads and handbrake mechanism.. MORE STOPPING POWER!!! :D (master cylinder still to fit doe to complications..)

Onto the Engine Bay.. Cusco Strut Brace, Carbon ABS Heat shield & Cooling Panel (not fitted in photo) (cheers craig), Japspeed Oil Catch Can (had a bit of an oil buildup in the old pipe..) Some shiny new Samco Rad Hoses.. Painted the Spark Plug Cover.. 'new' battery harness ;)....

The catch can was a bit of a pain to fit.. needed to find somewhere low, and where it will sit upright.. so i shuffled the standard solenoid across and squeezed it in there :)

Opinions/Comments? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Make sure you get a BM57, you want the biggest bore master cylinder. Some R33 GTSTs came with BM44, which is smaller than the stock S15 BM50. Try and get a BM57 from a 300ZX, or a R32 V-Spec/R33 GTR/R34 GTR/350Z (brembo calipers). Get the booster/servo as well.

edit:

Also that catch tank is a bit close to the manifold? Maybe move it as it might heat the oil vapours?

Reaction score
Country
Make sure you get a BM57, you want the biggest bore master cylinder. Some R33 GTSTs came with BM44, which is smaller than the stock S15 BM50. Try and get a BM57 from a 300ZX, or a R32 V-Spec/R33 GTR/R34 GTR/350Z (brembo calipers). Get the booster/servo as well.

edit:

Also that catch tank is a bit close to the manifold? Maybe move it as it might heat the oil vapours?
I've got a BM40 :( dammit! The metal part on the bottom of the reservoir is actually longer than my stock S15 one, although the reservoirs are the same size. It didnt get fitted as the pipes didnt line up, so will need a garage to knock me up some new pipes.. But looks like i'm getting a BM57 then! haha. Any recommended places to get one cheap? Whats the booster/servo? the big black cylinder it bolts onto? :s

The catch tank isnt as close as it looks to the manifold, but yes, agreed it is a little close.. until i find somewhere else to mount it, i'm just going to hope that its not too bad there. Its got to be better than my standard oil filled rubber hose :)

S

S15 SILVIA

Got some work wheels for sale that would look cracking on your Silvia!!!!
:)

Reaction score
Country

edit:

Um sorry dont mean to sound like a know it all cock, but thats not that true with the BMC, yes BM57 is a good master cylinder. The sizing of BMC is only suited the the calipers they were built to supply fluid too, and the BM50 on a S15 has a different bias to the BM50 of a R34GTST. All im trying to say that its more important to have correct bias then a big BMC size size. If you put skyline 2pots on the rear you risk incorrect bias keeping the BM50 from a S15, you dont want to be having either sludgy rear brakes or go the opposite and have rears that lockup well before the fronts, only saying that as it could be very dangerous, you are much better off to remove the S15 BM50 and use the BM44 from a R33 if you are using calipers that came from a R33, which is also different to the BM44 found of the Silvias which have single rears. Rule of thumb is to use a BMC and booster that was designed to work with the calipers it came with, and since nissan used that many different calipers which are all called i.e. 4POT fronts, they really should have the BMC which was designed to work best with the amount of fluid needed to be pushed into the calipers, going S15 4pot to Skyline 4pot is hardy a issue its mostly the sizing of singles to 2 or 4pot where it comes in. Which is why Nicely changed his BMC to one from a 300zx when putting 2pot rears from a 300zx on his S15.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
alright, cheers spoonman! Its hard getting conflicting advice, but what you say seems to make sense :) Its on my to do list!
But first up, is fixing my coolant issue. Think i've got a cracked turbo pipe or something. losing a lot of coolant at the moment at a rapid rate! :(

Reaction score
Country
year i hate to annoy people, but messing with your brakes can be rather dangerous if you aren't sure what you are doing as well the fact that they are your brakes they MUST work, but he is right about the BM57 if you run GTR or a certain Z32 caliper setup they will work so well on the light little S15 that a good stomp on the peddle should remind that you have upgraded.

Reaction score
Country
Hey Jase check the Thermostat housing.

I was losing loads of coolant the other week, I thought It must of been a pipe aswel. I've got it fixed and had no issues what so ever.

Reaction score
Country
cheers vinnie but at present i've got the whole manifold back unbolted and found the source of my leak :) its one of the coolant lines to the turbo. when i squeeze my rad hose it all squirts out of one of the joints :) so replacing that when the new parts arrive.. :)

Reaction score
Country
Again, slow update as a few of you have seen already - New wheels!

AVS Model 5's. :)

17x 7 on the front, 17x8 on the rear. not huge, but big enough for my needs :)

Progress on my coolant leak - got the manifold-back pulled out today, found the snapped pipe on the turbo and have removed all the old connections. fitting braided lines tomorrow, and starting to reassemble the engine bay! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers fruitbooter :)

I've got my cracked coolant pipes all replaced now with braided ones. Just letting all the gaskets settle and i'l take her for a thrashing tomorrow. haha :D