What's new

Project "Lolita"

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That bumper doesn't look too bad mate, are you not tempted to repair it?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Looks great and love the bonnet, will take a closer look at that when I see it at TOTB :)

Reaction score
wow these are really expensive! i want to get black ones as cant stand my silver ones! Car looks great mate, and that bumper is a relatively easy fix, i repair these all the time at work!

Reaction score
Country
wow these are really expensive! i want to get black ones as cant stand my silver ones! Car looks great mate, and that bumper is a relatively easy fix, i repair these all the time at work!
YOU HAVE SILVER ONES?!?!?!?!
hang onto them! you'l regret getting rid! i couldnt get hold of silver ones when i repaired mine. nissan only supply black ones now! so silver are something of a rarity :)

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so got a little update for you!
No pictures required for this one i'm afraid!

As most of you know my car has been firing out the back, been pretty bad on fuel, and cutting out at traffic lights. very strange indeed! had various suggestions on what to do about it, but in the end i took it to the local garage (who arent cowboys, pretty good mechanics actually), and this is what happened:

Compression test (as recommended by some of you guys) - and all cylinders were the same, test passed.
Fuel/Air ratio test - The mixture is fine. my car isnt running rich or lean, its bang on.

So from those two tests, we werent any closer to working out the problem. Until they started pulling stuff apart..

The throttle body was gopping apparently, so thats had a good dig out and clean, as has the idle control valve.

And the outcome - The car is noticable faster, and i mean that aswell, cleaning the throttle body out seems to have improved the flow by a decent amount..

But the problem still stands, to a lesser degree. The mechanic reckons the idle control valve could be on its way out, and a replacement one may help. He's put some super strong fuel additive stuff through aswell hoping to unstick anything.

Anyways, if it gets worse, or continues once this fuel additive has gone through the tank, his next plan is to pretty much strip the engine and give everything a good clean out, and replace idle :)

Next updates will be due around JAE time :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mate - you must have some serious patience lol :thumbs:

Fairplay I'm sure she'll return bigger and better once you've sorted all the gremlins!!

See you at JAE and I have x2 front wings ready to drop off hehe ;)

Reaction score
Country
I HAVE ANOTHER GREMLIN! FOR PETES SAKE!
haha.

this gremlin comes in the form of a relay in my fuse box. and it going bzzzzzzz when i try to turn my lights on. sidelights work fine, until i try to turn my headlights on, then the sidelights turn into indicators, and my needles on the gauges start going crazy. DAMMIT!!!

best bit - no where sells the relay near me. and the nearest nissan garage is about an hour away, and will charge me £27 for the damn thing. one thing after another.. lol.

on the other hand, the samco man arrived today with some goodies! time to get to work :D mwahaha

Reaction score
Country
Ok, Its been a while since i updated here due to various reasons. But here we are.
Recently i've replaced both front and rear bumpers. The front was a smashed aero one, and is now a non-aero one. The rear had an ugly fog light stuck in it by importers, so now a new bumper solved that :)

Front before - Aero Cracked & Bent off the brackets:

note - dots on the bumper are flies. ugh.

Front now -

Rear before (with fog) -

Rear without ugly fog -

So what do you reckon? Not bad for the first time i've ever removed car bumpers haha. took me all day because some of the brackets were snapped/missing or bolts were rusted beyond recognition.

I also found the source of my neverending boost/backfiring/overfuelling problem! -

See the crack at the base of the pipe? yep. that tiny little crack lost me 10mpg, dropped boost by 0.2, and made her run pretty ropey. Cant believe it! Car runs like a dream now :) 30mpg, smooth changes, and boosts back up to 0.7 instead of 0.5 :)

Next up this afternoon - Engine & Rear spats

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looking good mate! Glad you got the issues sorted must have been frustrating trying to find that!
Glad its all sorted looks much better

Reaction score
Country
Fitted new Forge BOV (recirc) which sounds awesome. gives a nice metal sounding PANG when you lift off :p -

Front as it is now -

(for all those who were at Club JDM the other day - bonnet is now dropped and secured so doesnt look all goofy)

Rear Spats fitted & polished the exhaust.... hahahah

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate! Glad you got the issues sorted must have been frustrating trying to find that!
Glad its all sorted looks much better
Thanks mate, it has been an absolute nightmare! but now she's good to go for mods! :D Coilies and wheels are up next! :D

Reaction score
Country
Hey dude

When are your new rims coming? Don't worry i won't say what make they are lol.

Reaction score
Country
I love the sound of the forge valve,have it on my car too sounds awesome!
Haha too right :D sounds immense!

Hey dude

When are your new rims coming? Don't worry i won't say what make they are lol.
When i order them haha, waiting for my bank to settle thanks to getting a refund from Tein that hasnt gone back in yet :/. hopefully order next week, fit the coilies and wheels shortly after :)

Reaction score
Country
looking very nice! just to bad you had to go for the black headlights instead of the L-package ones. weird that nissan didnt sell those :/