What's new

Project "Lolita"

Reaction score
Country
Maintenance work continues....

New oil sump fitted:

And that pesky 'garden hose' has been removed, and i've got a purpose built oil hose on it now courtesy of SFS :) No more kinky hoses here ;)

Reaction score
Country
Well, The Koyo is fitted, and the car is running SWEET (at the moment.)
Just got to relocate the expansion tank as a) my hose isnt long enough, and i cant be bothered to order a new one, b) i feel like tinkering, c) i dont like the idea of having a U bend in my hose. haha

Note - the masses of cable ties are temporary until i get the fan shroud back in ;)

Reaction score
Country
Little update:

New fan shroud fitted, and Koyo radiator is now secured on custom brackets :)
Also the carbon fibre cooling panel is back in, and everything has been cleaned up and polished! :D

Reaction score
That's a really snotty looking engine bay. I think your car should be called the bogey :D.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looking good mate! Very clean and tidy!
What size etc is the hose from the turbo? Might order one myself looks way tidier

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate! Very clean and tidy!
What size etc is the hose from the turbo? Might order one myself looks way tidier
Oil catch can hoses are 14mm to ensure a tight fit. Two 45 degree angles, and some straight section and couplers. makes it much tidier & controllable than trying to bend straight pipe and keep it there..
Recirc hose form BOV to turbo... not sure, sorry. I got it as part of a set, from apex :)
Intercooler hard pipe I got (again) from Apex I think, but lloydy has one for sale \/

If you mean the intercooler hotpipe, i've got one for sale :)

Looking good Jase!
Cheers mate! :)

Reaction score
Country
Ah sorry mate, its the same size as the top breathers :) So 14mm ID will be a tight fit!

I got that one from SFS, its just a 90 degree elbow, that i cut down. You need to make sure you get the ''fluorosilicone lined hose for oil/fuel applications'', otherwise it could deteriorate or something.. better safe than sorry!

Reaction score
Country
Bloody hell Jase, thats come on some!!

Looking nice man :) glad to hear its running well for a change too!

Just dont go driving through any lakes... :p xx

Reaction score
Country
Undersealing & Replacement fenders! :)

the whole front end is now covered in WaxOyl and should (in theory) be watertight... bar the bits i've probably missed.. haha :)

The old fenders were rotten to the core. had to do a fair bit of angle grinding to get to bare metal underneath the car..

Next time.. it'll be the rear half of the car! :D

Reaction score
Country
Seeing as Project Lolita has (for the moment) been a restoration project, i've headed into the boot. The old wooden spare wheel cover/shelf was warped from spilling things on it, and general heavy things on it all the time (jacks, wheels, etc) so decided it was time for a new one. Time to head to B&Q. I opted for some 6mm thick MDF as its a little bit sturdier than the current hardboard, and its cheap as chips.

So we went from this:

with the aid of a pen and a jigsaw... to this:

fitted:

Easy hours work :)