What's new

Gav's (zero260) Spec-R

Reaction score
The top of the plenum was pretty easy but getting right into the curves was a bit of a pain, luckily we had a small attachment for the sander but the best tool would be something like a dremel. The pipes are still a bit pitted but I have decided to paint it now the same colour as the cam cover.

I havn't got any pics as its now in primer, at least now with it being flat I will get a nice smoth finish on my paint.

All the bits are being painted this weekend so I will get the pictures posted up as soon as they are done.;)

Reaction score
Hopefully we are spraying the engine bay parts tomorrow so I will get some pics posted up as soon as they are dry so you can tell me what you think.....please be kind.lol :D

Reaction score
After hours and hours of prepwork, here they are.:nod:

First of all the items had 2 coats of silver base and then 2 coats of sparkle silver:

Then next up was 3 coats of the Candy Magenta (I am sure I met a lap dancer called that) and then 2 coats of clear:

It took me ages looking through hundreds of colour cards to finally decide on this. I really wanted a colour that was different from the norm, something that would really stand out and when the light hits it, it really gleams. The Candy paints are not the easiest of materials to work with but with Steve from wheelrite being one of the best sprayers around I knew the results would be perfect.

The pictures really don't do the colour and finish justice as it looks so different in reality and so different in changing light.

Well happy is an understatement. :D

Can't wait to get them fitted. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
They look awesome mate, congrats! :thumbs:

I know what you mean about it looking nothing like that in real life, mine looks blue in the pics I posted up here but in real life it looks alot like yours! :) (Me and my girlfriend were looking at colour cards trying to find one I liked for what seemed an eternity!!) lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
looks great Gav :) is that someone local? I'm hoping to get my body kit re-sprayed in the spring, already got a place and a price to get it done, but if this guy is good like you say then it'll be worth letting him have a look as well.

I've got a good idea for my rocker cover, but I think it'll be a little tricky so would need someone that's good..

Reaction score
Steve at wheelriterefurb is based in Chorley and he is excellent. He has years experience and is very much a perfectionist.....thats why I use him.:nod:

I'm not sure if he does bodykits anymore as he likes to stick with the smaller items nowadays but he is still worth a call to see if he can do it for you, I know he will defo do any engine bits for you though. :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
ok no probs thanks :) like I say got someone lined up to do the kit anyway, but I'll give him a shout..

Reaction score
We ran out of time today putting it all back together so here is a picture of it nearly finished so you can see how it is coming along.

I am so Happy with how it is looking.

Reaction score
Glad you like it bud.

The problem is with the bonnet holder is that the end part of it has a plastic coating, I sprayed the whole thing on my previous motor and after a few weeks it started to look a bit tatty at the end where is was being placed in the bonnet so I thought I would play it safe this time and just spray the metal.

Reaction score
LOL, I cant wait for the day when I can finally start polishing my car. Its going to be a few weeks yet before I get my hands on it and get it rolling again.

Reaction score
Yeah me too mate, I got a brand new machine polisher, polish, sealant, wax ect for xmas and I cant use it yet!! lol bring on the dry/warmish weather!! :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just looks simply awesome Gav!! :thumbs:

Nice to see mods that are done properly when it comes to paint and stuff - unlike my matt black rattle cans from Halfords haha :D