What's new

Gav's (zero260) Spec-R

Reaction score
When Im back in the office this Thursday I will see what Saturdays we have free in January and get something posted up to see who is interested in putting their names down.:thumbs: It will be great to have some excellent pictures taken on the day....thanks James.;)

Might see you Thursday S15AK and thanks Trial for the kind words.:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hi Mate.. can i know if you will be changing the intake plenum and if so which one?
can u tell me too which hot pipe is that?

Reaction score
Initially I will be sticking with the current one but eventually I will be changing it for the Greddy plenum. The hotpipe is the HKS one.:thumbs:

Reaction score
I had the car on the Rolling Road just to make sure things were ok and its always a good idea to RR your car so you can see what your engine is doing.

The car was running a bit lean. The figures still came out at 228hp and 223lbs which wasn't a true reading as we didn't want to risk anything going pop.lol

I wasn't expecting anything special, it was more of a check and a base to work from and I am so glad I did check, as it made me get it into the workshop quicker for the full strip down and build.

All the work commences this Monday with the fitting of all the new engine mods, engine detailing and mapping. It should be in there for about 5 weeks to have plenty of time spent on it, getting it perfect before it goes off down to ABW in Essex and I will make sure I keep the pictures coming for all to see.:thumbs:

Cheers,

Gav.

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats odd, they normally run too rich rather than too lean on the stock map. When I had mone RR'd before my remap it was running well until about 4500rpm, when it started to run a bit too rich. Have you been running V-Power fuel?

Reaction score
To be honest it hasn't needed any fuel since it came over from Japan as it has had very little use, I have just filled it up with V-power today before it got dropped off at the workshop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The greddy one seem to be the choice for many. I have seen other brands like top secret and yashio fty etc for the intake plenum but they cost like 2-3 times more! I cant understand the price difference so held off from changing till I know what difference....

how many horses?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
plenum isnt really that useful until you are making silly power - you can make well over 400 on the stock manifold

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, we are just going to flat it back and paint the standard one at the mo.:cool:

Reaction score
Country
WOW that's going to be one quality kit! I've seen the Wisesquare Behrmann D1GP widebody kit in person at a D1 event that I had been to and it was top class!

Reaction score
Bit of an update for you.

The car has now been stripped of bits so they can be prepped, sprayed or polished and the mods have started. First lot of bits that were removed were all the smaller items:

The HKS intercooler pipe work had been coated in some horrible grey paint and they wern't in the best of condition as you can see:

Also the plenum as you all know has a rough texture to it which I am not so keen on:

After hours of grinding and polishing they all came up really well, like new:

Even though I have polished up the plenum I have decided to paint it anyway, but at least I will get a smooth shiney finish like the cam cover.

Next up was removing the exhaust and replacing it with a 3" Japspeed system, the only problem is that I wanted to totally decat the car but Japspeed dont do a decat pipe for the system. Luckily a mate runs the Japshop which is just round the corner from me and after measuring up what decat pipes they had, we found that a R34 GTR 3" decat pipe matched up perfectly, even the angle of the end plates which was nice.

Whilst doing the exhaust we also did the manifold, turbo elbow and fuel pump:

The manifold looks great:

All the removed parts including the fan shroud and cam cover will be prepped and sprayed this week in a colour that has took me ages to decide on, hopefully I will have some pics of all the freshly sprayed items posted up next weekend.

The Volk wheels will be removed in about 2-3 weeks so I will put up a thread in the for sale section for anyone who may be interested.

Thanks.

Gav.:thumbs:

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
What did you use to get them all to polished up like that? and did you do it yourself?

Cheers..

Reaction score
Yep, did it all myself as it works out quite expensive to get a company to do all the bits.

I used a wire brush disc on a grinder first of all to get the paint or texture off, then a few different sanding discs of different grades and then a very fine wet and dry paper, finishing with the best stuff in the world for polishing......Autosol metal polish.:cool:

The good thing is that when all the bits are fitted back on the car the finish will get even better over time if I keep using the autosol.;)

Reaction score
It all looks really good mate, coming along nicely!

Do you have a better pic of the plenum? how did you get into all the tight corners?

I polished a couple of pipes on my previous car so might give this a go :thumbs: