What's new

the esthirteenpointfive

Reaction score
well my tranny gasket and boot just got here today so i was able to drop in the engine today.
i really need to buy a low jack now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
okay so i almost sold this car, the RB20 did go though. i was going to move, but then im not moving anymore untill next year so i have time.
car is still sitting the same way from the previous pictures. except its on stands. i will probably sell my wheels though and get something more flush with the kit. im diggin weds lxz + wide aero.
anyways heres what i got and more parts to come soon. (they did a good job cleaning it. lol)

im just changing the gaskets and seals and water pump on this. nothing big, atleast not now. i will be going T28 later on though, with some cams. nothing crazy.

for now im just cleaning up everything while waiting for some parts to come in. its taking forever!
with this. eh it works fine but if you something better, mean green is the way to go. just didnt have any at local stores.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
man, you could nearly eat off that engine.... good job.

Reaction score
thanks. manifolds are cleaned up. im not gona paint the turbo since im going T28 in the future, i will clean it up though.
now im just waiting for gaskets and other parts.

Reaction score
Country
One suggestion I would make is to swap the top water outlet for one from a VVT SR20 (s14, s15), as they have got an outlet for the water line to the turbo on them, whereas the 180sx version hasn't. The 180sx one has a pipe go around the back of the head, and when it's fitted to the car there isn't much room between the bulkhead making it very fiddly to get at. The S14 one is much more accessible :)

Reaction score
One suggestion I would make is to swap the top water outlet for one from a VVT SR20 (s14, s15), as they have got an outlet for the water line to the turbo on them, whereas the 180sx version hasn't. The 180sx one has a pipe go around the back of the head, and when it's fitted to the car there isn't much room between the bulkhead making it very fiddly to get at. The S14 one is much more accessible :)
what are you talking about?
i was going to purchase an S14 water neck so i can use the bung for water temp...

so if i didnt call today to follow up my order, i would have to wait for the next shipment cuz some parts that i ordered they dont have in stock.

edit: actually what are you talking about?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'll put up some pictures of when I changed the water lines on my old 180sx to show you how they go as standard.

This is where one of the water lines goes, around the back of the head where there is no room between the bulkhead to get your hands in to connect the water line up

And this was the braided line you have to try und get in there.

If you swap the water outlet next to the manifold, with the dipstick bolted to it, for the later version with the water line take off on it, it will be much easier to get at them when you need to.

Hope you understand what I meant now :)

Reaction score
yea i got that.. but how often do you have to change the lines? you can always get a longer hose too.. and you can do the S14 water neck too like what you said.. but since that blitz upper hose with a bung is so freakin expensive just for 1 short hose. i would rather get the S14 water neck and use that bung for water temp later on and just get a longer hose for the back to where it would come out on the side... or run a longer braided line and connect it to the hardline?

unless your a baller. =D

tomorrow i will be mockin up almost everything. not everything because i have to wait for my nismo pivot ball and throttle body gasket, and i gota resurface my flywheel.

after that working on suspension.

right now my goal is to drop in the engine before it starts snowing, because i dont have a garage. =(

Last edited:
Reaction score
i was lazy today so i only painted some stuff and sealed the water neck.

i also took the water pump off and the thermostat out. both looks really good still and clean. but i got new stuff so these gots to go

Reaction score
ok so today these came in

mocked up everything and changed all the lines. i just need to change the injector rings and replace the oil strainer

i will take more pics tonight.

moving on the tranny tomorrow

Reaction score
my welded diff. needs to be resealed.

i will be purchasing either tomei short shifter or C's? im not really sure which one to get since i have no experience on both. do you?
as for cooling, im going with mishimoto x line radiator, going to tuck the FMIC in the core support, and im still looking around for an a/c condenser and thinking of where im goin to mount/relocate it. i want to keep my a/c.

is there any trick on how to pull the water pump pulley studs off? my new pump didnt come with studs.

Reaction score

i got bored today and cleaned up the tranny with new seal, gaskets, nismo pivot ball, boots.
the paint is suppose to be wrinkly. but we will see if it gets worse.

just waiting.. i wana drop it in and work on the harness. but ill just wait til i paint the crossmember and get the other parts.

i killed about 3 RAT'S in this shed already. i cant wait to move and have a nice garage.

Reaction score
this is a steal
nismo FPR type A brand new for $80!

well i guess im going with koyo radiator. theres a better deal i found. this should come in by the end of next week. so i have enough time to paint the crossmember and i can drop in the SR end of next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
so just wana share this

this is the exact kit i have in the pic. i bought it off from him.
in the pic the color looks way different. but its metallic gray and the cf hood blended in.

but i really want to paint it like this. not the metallic gray, but what you see in the pic. whatever color it looks like. bluish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol i hate this

so im stuck

mishimoto - 205 shipped. i heard good and bad about it, BUT it offers LIFETIME WARRANTY!

koyo - 288 shipped. never heard anything bad about it.