What's new

Zillalife X Garage 21 Rocket Bunny S15 Drift Car

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
So the engine bay and cabin are being prepared for paint. Garage 21 is doing the work and he is getting stuck in! really odd seeing my car like this! its just a shell!!

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Old panel has been replaced LH and RH due to rust and the fact that ive previosly attacked them with a hole saw.

Seem sealer then paint to add :)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
I'm so jealous of what your doing... sort of... I hate the idea of all the prep before a respray but having it done must be such a wonderful feeling. Bizarrely I would be looking at all that bare metal thinking "this is my opportunity to put decent sound proofing everywhere!!" but I suspect with a roll cage you don't much fancy that ;)

Great work fella, can't wait to see it done.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Hahah i know what your saying mate! I never expected to see my car reduced to a shell but now its there im getting the lot done by my sponsor. More for him to advertise what he can do so that's helped me. Its going to be a concourse built car at the end. Ive had the car 6 years. Its something I always wanted to do but never could before.

Exterior painted - Matt Metallic Blue
Interior painted - White
Engine bay painted - White Blue Glitter
Under body under sealed and stone chipped white.
All frames and arms painted
Poly bush
Competition drift knuckles front and rear

Ive taken all of the sound proofing out. Worst job ever but this (has been for the last 2 years) a full competition spec car. So its all going lol

Can wait to get the shell painted so we can start bolting it back together time is running out! Not long till japfest!

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
I remember removing all the sound proofing from my first ever S13 and I literally had bubble blisters on the palms of my hands after that job. Eeurrgh.. Sounds amazing though, your motor is going to be so tight. Love that you've even braced the turrets to the arches. You could weld in some supports on the wing too, to firm things up too while it's all off!

tooley

Reaction score
Country
So after a long sunday the,

Engine Bay
Cabin
Boot
Under floor

Is ready for paint! Cant wait to start putting it back together when its back from paint.