What's new

s15 the saga begins (again)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
how did you get on with the wiring mate? all sorted?

as for turbo - whats the car for - having owned a few sr's you probably know exactly what you want by now but the longer i have the 2871r, the more i appreciate just how perfectly matched it is to this engine, i know why its most peoples favourite..... very little lag, and quickly up to 160 (the limit of my bottle, not the cars capability, there was some left :)) - i cant begin to imagine what the turbo you have chosen would be capable of once it gets going :wack:

these sr's really arent bad for a 15 year old design, 2 ltr 4 pot are they :D

sx-si

Reaction score
The s15 is for mainly drift, a bit of grip and weekend car. Yep had 2 2871r with diffrent specs, both on full boost at 4.1k Power was 347 and 384 on diffrent specs. Hks turbo = 400 at 3.9k-4.1k so its on full boost faster and devlopes more power. Got a friend who just made 420 bhp at 1.2bar. Wiring wont be happening for a month untill i finish archs and suspencion

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Do you notice much difference between the different trims... think I'm always only gonna go for .64 which I believe is the size of the compressor side housing or summat like that lol??

sx-si

Reaction score
i did going from a smaller exhaust housing to larger
was about 100k i think in revs but you ddo get more power
.64 should (depending on if you havent done engine mods) be on full boost by 4250

sx-si

Reaction score
ok new update as its been a while
ive also forgotten what ive listed and what ive fitted so ummmm lol

a db-power abs removal kit, every break line replaced
30mm front fenders with a wire tuck
50mm rear fenders with mental tubbed rear archs
had the front archs adjusted fo absolutly mental lock
and a r33stst gearbox about to be fitted when i source a good one
also including a hks twin plate clutch

pics to follow as the car is currently at sb automotive in aylesbury

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice upgrades there mate... liking the sound of more lock on the front :D

Are you using the Polo adaptor plate for the RB box or have you sourced from another company??

sx-si

Reaction score
yeah going the polo route,
doesnt help he is helping to build the car

i was going to get a 5-speed box and then fit ppg 4 dog gear kit but it is the same price for the rb25det ppg kit and the rb kit takes like 300 more horsies
when i blow the rb ill fit a ppg kit to this instead

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
ah sounds like a good idea!! My main concern about using the RB box was that the cross member from S15 won't fit... does Polo make replacement items cos I'm guessing the cross member for RB box won't mate up to S15 either lol?! :wack:

Also are you getting him to make up one of those adaptors for the gear stick as this will sit much more forwards in the cabin compared to the stock box...

sx-si

Reaction score
yes supplying a auto s14 crossmember or modified manual s14 one (its not much work really)

yes interior is going to stay stock looking ;)
if i could get my guages on the touchscreen i would but i cant find a reasonable option yet
unless sombody wants to offer me a few quid for 5 apexi guages and a yashio water temp block

sx-si

Reaction score
Its all starting to come together :D
just waiting on a few parts from america and japan then im ready to have it all put in and mapped
Picked these up today

and

i know it just looks like a crappy diff but inside is a 4.6 ratio :D thanks stevo
i also forgot to take a pic of my 70k rb25det manual gearbox
anywhay the engine spec is
Engine spec:
• Arias Piston Kit
• Eagle H Beam Rods
• ARP Head Stud Kit
• Brian Crower Stage 2 Camshafts (IN 264 and EX 264)
• Brian Crower Uprated valve springs
• Cometic Metal Head Gasket 1.6mm
• Lightweight Aluminum Pulleys
• SARD 850cc Injectors
• Head ported and matched intake and exhaust
• Polished greddy pletnum
• Polished water in and out pipes
• Poweder coated black chrome mounts and bits

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looks awesome mate!! :thumbs:

Isn't that diff ratio much higher than S15 one which I believe is around 3.7?? Or is that the usual ratio to match with RB box? Nice to see it all coming together... any idea on where's best to get those bling bling coloured ali pulleys from??

Cheers :)

sx-si

Reaction score
ok the diff ratio is not stock matched at all
5speed r33 gtst ratios are very simerler to 5spedd sr20
reason ive gone for a shorter ratio is quite simple, im after as much tourqe and power at the wheels as i can as its not very oftern i go stupid fast so my plan is make the car spin up the wheels for skidding and also quicker out the corners gripping

the way i see it is if i can have the top end at say 120-130mph then thats plenty, seriously how oftern you you hit 140-160 on a track day?

the only problem with changing the ratio's is my mph guage is going to be miles out

ohhh lupix you want to sell me your rear bumper? i really dont want to copy anybody but i want to do a gt kit :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Si it's not really a rear bumper as such - just quarter spats and the copy Amemiya diffuser attached :D

Yeah I'd like to get higher diff ratio as well for more torque delivery rather than topend speed. You're dead right... on full throttle at Silvestone the other week I deliberately checked my top speed on the start/finish straight. Pretty much around 120 mph and no quicker... You run out of road and have to brake for Copse etc :wack:

sx-si

Reaction score
Done some rough estimates on the diff and box with stock rev limit and should be between 130 - 140.

What spats are they? I only want to do diffuser, high bgw and front splitter but dont want to piss anybody off

sx-si

Reaction score
small update
starting to get into the whole gt style now so heres a bit of a teaser
i would show the pics of the rear archs being tubbed but polo aint sent me them yet

and before i get slated i know the bgw is too small (and low) but its only a 1600mm so need to sell it for a bigger and roof hight one
the splitter isnt near its final position and needs a fair bit of work
waiting on 30mm rear spacers so i can get car aligned then final wheels made
but its been 2weeks and still nothing from jdm garage :( so if anybody has some spacers please let me know

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate :)

It's funny because me and James (LuPix) were only saying last night how no-one else had done the same rear diffuser as him yet..!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
If your after wheel spacers check out eibach pro spacers do car specific kits ,or s-racing do universal spacers p.s love the rear end gonna look class!

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
Looking good mate :)

It's funny because me and James (LuPix) were only saying last night how no-one else had done the same rear diffuser as him yet..!
to be fair i would of rather bought lupixs as i dont really like to copy peoples idea's but if i can make the end result diffrent i might be able to live with it
but at the moment its annoying me allough it does look badass, untill i go over a speed bump

sx-si

Reaction score
wow 3 months later and this project has changed a little
recived these bits today

genuine mission fan shroud
yashio gear gator
weds sport powersteering sock
s15oc damaged carbon slam cover

i havent read through the thread yet but new things are
kit is now genuine vertex
car is waiting to be painted including the engine bay should be next week
engine and turbo setup are the same

hopefully everything will be going together in the next month and mapped then i need to find some 18" rims that fill my wide archs

Last edited: