What's new

S15AK's Nissan Silvia S15

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OK small update, as the S15 has been away all winter having work done..

Car has been at DCMS all winter as I've had a few jobs I wanted doing, so thought while the weather is bad I'll get them all done at once.

Oil leaks - Engine has been out fixing a few issues, the sump had been patched up with liquid metal at some point (not me), so that has been replaced. Also had small leaks from the crank shaft oil seal and timing chain.

Under Sealed - I popped in the other week to have a look under the car while it was on the ramp, and it looks spotless now. They also said it was very clean to start with and no rust to report on.

Apex Lower brace fitted -

Brake fluid changed to some DOT5.0 -

New Apex Gen 2 coilovers fitted - So I will have my old Bridgstone NPG Coilovers for sale soon, they will need a clean up before I put them up though. Can't find much info on them, but I reckon they were put on the car while it was in Japan.

Will have a better stance once its all setup, so looking foward to it, as I've never been happy with the current stance.

Will post pics once I get it back. Tried to take a pic of the underseal job but I only have my phone camera, so it was too dark..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah probably, want the back wheels to sit more into the arches, but with them being 10" wide it might be a struggle, but I trust them to get it as best they can :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Got the car back on Saturday, was a nice dry day as well, so had a nice drive home :)

Still need to pop back in a week or two to get it setup properly, as just giving the coilover time to settle down. We couldn't fit the Apex lower brace either as I need to upgrade the rear toe arms first.

Pic of new coilovers

And the stance for now, what do you guys think? I would like it lower at the back, but not sure if its worth the hassle of going really low, as speed bumps etc, become a nightmare. I think that the wheels are white the gap from the arches looks bigger that it really is??

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sits lovely mate - very nice - wouldn't worry about going any lower imo. i had trouble with the apex brace too, even with aftermarket arms, it just doesn't fit properly on the s15. fits s14 though....???

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
ok thanks for the info on the brace, might just sell it. Got a pile of stuff I need to sell, just to lazy to get round to listing it all.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i didn't realise i'd sold it to you - just looked back at stuff i'd sold :rolleyes:. i was selling so much stuff at the time...if you wan't i'll buy it back off you and sell it to an s14 owner. theres no way i would of done that on purpose as i couldn't get it to fit with aftermarket bolts and washers - sorry about that mate :(.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
It's ok, just one of them things.. if you don't mind you can take it back but Im not too bothered either way..

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
it's up to you mate, if it doesn't sell on sxoc or something let me know and i'll give you the money back if you want ;)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Not much of an update, but gave the S15 a good clean the other day so took some pics. I have had the rear coilovers lowered more so I think it site a little better now, plus I've changed the rear pads and flushed some decent brake fluid in ready for the ring next month. We found out that the front pads are Friction Perforamance pads and have loads of life left.

I've also added some white silcone to the engine bay, but still waiting on the water hoses, and will order up the rest soon to replace the blue I have. Need to get a catch tank sorted for it as well.

Got a new phone as well, a HTC Desire HD and its got a pretty good camera so played about the some of the settings.

Mine and the Mrs..

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
looking good mate, my missus has the ignis sport and she said that swift looks lovely :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers pal, yeah we bought that new and I spec'd it out for her, full Suzuki body kit, spoiler etc.. she choose the stripes though.. the clutch is weak on them though had to change at 44k..

Reaction score
Country
Lovely car mate!

The vertex kit you have on it, it doesnt widen the fronts at all does it? Was just wondering as you seem to have got away with fitting some decent sized wheels there!

Love the gauges in the middle too! :cool:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers pal, yeah it sits quite nice now. It dose have 5mm spaces (i think never measured them) on the fronts, was thinking about taking them off as I think they should still clear the brembos..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Empty your pm box mate. Wanna ask a few wheel fitment questions if ok? As you have a aggressive setup and looking to do something similar on mine

Btw car looks awesome :)

Reaction score
still wont let me send for some reason, it still saying your inbox is full.

I will just ask in here then if its ok.

Saw your car at Jdm north west meet manchester, It did look very nice in the flesh. I was there in mine aswell that had just freshly had a paintjob and vertex kit. It was parked a way over the back of the car park though.

Anyway I was going to get a setup of 18x8.5 et30 front and 18x9.5 rear et30.

Then I saw your thread and your running a whopping 9.5 on et30 on the front?? what are clearance issues like for arch and coilover? I thought any wider than 8.5 on rollled stock arches with certain coilovers would cause issues.

Im using Apex gen 2 coilies btw,

my front arches are rolled and slightly flared and rears are just rolled

look forward toy your reply

Cheers

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I did empty most of my inbox, removed the lot now though.

The fronts are fine and I am running a 10mm spacer as well to clear the brembo's. The last owner put them on, only noticed I had them when I came to refurb a wheel. I might even get away without them but it works for now so haven't bothered.

I get a slight rub when I corner very hard but nothing major, maybe getting rid of the spacers will fix that. I have done the ring and I got q slight rub on about two corners.

I was running bridgestone coilovers but I am on Gen 2's as well..