What's new

S15AK's Nissan Silvia S15

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
No problem mate I know what you mean..

In regards to the build yeah I've always wanted something fast road and that can handle a track, I would scarface a smooth ride for handling any day of the week. All though people who have been out in mine say it's not as hash as they was expecting. I don't drift it no, but I do like to carry on the slide if it does step out. I'm not a full on tyre smoking drifter, one I'm not skilled enough and two I don't want to kill it.

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Just picked up the S15 from DCMS after some needed TLC..

Bits done are..

Removed manifold and repaired (cracked)
Turbo gaskets
Re-do all exhaust joints
Fit new APEX front tension arms (brushed joints)
Fit new Mishimoto rad
Re-design and fit turbo heat shield
Oil and plugs
Installed new EGT gauge and move turbo gauge to A pillar
2 x new front tyres (Hankooks V12 evo 2's)
New rear pads
And an MOT... (which it passed with no advisory's

The new heat shield is pretty decent, all fabricated from scratch..

So a clean bill of health ready for the summer :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys :eek:, I will get some new pics up for the dash setup, and of the Mishimoto rad as its a work of art...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Just more maintenance to report, had the VTC sprocket replaced as it was sounding like a tractor. Took a pic this time as I can also see my shinny Brian Crower Valve springs and Titanium retainers I had fitted last year (didn't get a pic at the time).

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Boring update really, its MOT time so getting a full service done at the same time. Oil return was leaking from the top side so good job really as I didn't even notice that until we got it up on the lift.

A little more interesting I've ordered a new top mount manifold, so will have that at the end of the month. We will re-do the turbo setup and hopefully get more flow and fit a 3" down pipe, as current we could only fit a 2.5" due to the clearance of the currently manifold.

So I reckon once I've got the new setup its time for another map tweak, and I might replace the 555's with some 740 injectors :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Neither mate, its Wardy88 off SXOC (APW Engineering). He has a FB page now, he does nice work..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OK small update, Andy at APW did me his custom T3 top mount manifold, very impressed with it and life time guarantee :)

While it was off the car, I also got it ceramic coated in white by Camcoat in Warrington. The plan was to install it next year, but my turbo strung a leak, one of the bolts had sheared the tread, so when hot it was leaking. It was a turbo off job so thought might as well get it all done at the same time.

My usual guy Graham at DCMS did all the fab work as the turbo moved forward with the new setup so we could now fit a 3" down pipe, so he remade it all for me (down pipe, scream pipe, wastegate, heat shield, and re position the air filter).

Picked it up last night, and it dose feel more responsive now. The main reason was to get rid of the cheap Japspeed manifold as it used to blow gaskets all the time, so done it properly this time around.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Small update... I don't upgrade much these days, but like to keep a log at least.

Service/MOT complete in April, no advisories, new fluids, plugs etc...

In May the alternator failed, I did search on here and didn't find much, not many guys have replaced/fixed them from what I could see. So my experience was I got a local auto electrician firm to refurbish my old one for £180 +VAT (included fitting), these cars are getting old now so bits will start to fail, so this should give an idea on price.

I've got some hard race engine mounts to go on, so hopefully get them installed this year.

One more thing I need help with, I really need is to flock the top half of the dash, as its got sun damage. I'm struggling to find anywhere up North that dose it, so if anyone has any recommendations let me know please.

cheers :)