What's new

Kango's S15

Reaction score
Well I finally got a whole day on the car why the wife was at Newbury race day yesterday :thumbs:

I've so far managed to remove everything from the boot including the sound deadening. Moved on to the interior next. All out except carpet.

Bloody hell the dash is heavy. All the rear suspension is removed including the fuel tank.

Amazingly, there's not much rust at all, only 2 little bits (and i mean small).

The doors are off and completely stripped bare.

I'll post my pics once I find the camera. I think it's under a very large (and growing) pile of plastic :)

Reaction score
Just spoke to www.surfaceprocessings.co.uk and it turns out I do not need to spend time to remove the sound deadening as it all get reoved by them :) Yeehah. This will save me hours.

Finally got the money to do this. Should look good when it's done. It's been stuck in the garage for far too long.

C

chrisssteeven

You're gonna have to spend a few hundred for OEM fog lights not alone the wiring to hook it up. I've seen eBay fog lights for our cars but still wouldn't trust them as much as OEM.

Reaction score
Man I've been busy (sadly not on the car though). I'm now under the threat of redundancies at work as they are moving their financial base to the Netherlands. I can't blame them, as they'll save a shed load of £ in tax payments.

Well the car has stood for a while with nothing much going on as I try and get my finances in order. Well here's a couple of pics that I took last time I was at it. I'll take more today as I'm having a car day tommorrow :)

Also, I managed to get these from our manufacturing facility before they closed it last year :) Great for keeping bagged up parts in.

Reaction score
Some more :)

Well, I got some more done this weekend. For once the weather was good :)

Started by taking the wings off. What a bugger though 2 bolts were stuck fast even after 3 days of repeated penetrating spray applications. I had to drill them out.

After I got the wings off though, I noticed that the cable routing does not seem correct? Is this right on s15s? Though there is a clip to hold it. Hmmm strange.

Next, to attack the oil cooler/filter relocation kit. Amazingly I found out it's a Greddy Grex cooler kit!! :eek: Nice.

But one thing there seems to be 2 oil temp sensors, very strange. Could this be to monitor the temp going to /from the cooler? Anyone else done this?

Well finally ended up with this:

More to follow soon.