What's new

my drift s15 project

G

garys15

right.. this is kinda a take 2 after my last project took forever and didnt really get anywhere at all for multiple reasons...
So decided to sell up, s13.5 got broke and the rx7 was sold as i have had really really bad luck with road cars since.. well pretty much forever.
so...
Had a message with an offer i basicaly couldnt refuse on a very nice s15 shell:eek:
have always had a big soft spots for s15's so had to have it...
iv bought it as a bare but very well prepped spec r shell, fully seam welded, tubbed front and rear arches, flat boot floor, all aditional weight removed, and an absouloutely epic cage not registered or anything but this is a track only trailer queen :rolleyes:

Anyways as i now had a shell on the way with no parts had to source lots..
got streight on to Dan @SRB Power and got him to get me a set of chargespeed front wings, side skirts, rear overfenders, rear bumper and boot lid on order, already have front bumper and bonnet from the 13.5 so didnt need them, that little lot will be arriveing early september cheers again dan:D
so thats the bodywork sorted...

Then got on here and sourced front and rear hubs, disks, calipers, and front and rear subframe also got the dw pro handling package on order at the moment so thats all the suspention sorted pretty much...

Kept quite a lot of bits from the 13.5 and done deals to get other bits i would need for the 15 so have a dw seat, a pair of takata harnesses, dw hydro handbreak, plumbed in extinguisher kit, cutoff's basicaly all the safety equiptment so thats that taken care off..

now down to the engine..
useing the red top from the 13.5 no stroker kit or anything just a fully fordged sr, is currently away being built another BIG thanks to dan @SRB Power for sorting that for me, engine includes wisco pistons, k1 rods, titanium springs and retainers, larger cams, tomi ajustable pulleys, greddy rocker stoppers, arp studs and bolts, cosworth headgasket, acl race bearings, port polished head, and a full freshen up with new oil pump water pump, tentioners ect.. thanks to clarkey for all the advice on the engine :thumbs:

will be runing on hks f-con pro ecu hopeing for around 500bhp with all the supporting mods i have for it, planning on running a holset hx35 thanks to stav for the info on that 1 :thumbs:

and thats about it for the plans for now will update when i know more shell is being delivered tommorow so will get some pics up once i have something of substance to post :eek:

oh and ian (mr2) will be building this one so some more amazing work to come after seeing the work he has done on my old ps13 for my brother (loweboy)
planing on metalic black paint with a charmelion green matalflake for the outside with kawasaki green intirior and bay.. with a very ... different graphics pacakage that i come up with the other day :wack:

so thats the basic plans for the car
please forgive any missed words or crap spelling but im nackerd and cant be arsed to read through it all at the mo and check..

and pics and anyone with ideas of where the car came from please keep it to yourself as its not up for discussion :thumbs: much appreciated
gary

and the kit

with top and bottom d-max lip spoilers

projected spec list have 90% of it, need the other 10% tho but im determind this is how it will be...
shell:
s15 spec r
full weld in cage with x door bars
fully seam welded chasie
tubbed front and rear arches
reinforced front and rear suspention turrets
flat boot floor
all excess weight removed
sealed bulkhead
aero:
uras front bumper
chargespeed type 2 vented bonnet
chargespeed front 25mm wings
chargespeed sideskirts
chargespeed 30mm rear overfenders
chargespeed rear bumper
chargespeed frp boot lid
d-max roof lip spoiler
d-max boot lip spoiler
clear rear lights
lexan windows
suspention:
driftworks cs2 coilovers
driftworks camber arms
driftworks tension rods
driftworks toe rods
driftworks traction controll arms
driftworks solid subframe bushes
driftworks front and rear poly bush kit
brakes:
groved rear disks (cheers ian) :D
ebc redstuff pads
driftworks braided brake lines
driftworks hydro handbreak and lines
intirior / safety:
driftworks bucket seat
driftworks plumbed in extinguisher kit
driftworks harness eyebolts
takana harnesses
quick release hub and boss
nardi 320mm dished wheel
driftworks bubble gear stick
blitz guages..
fuel system:
4.5 gal aliminium fule cell
2 litre swirl pot
2x in line pumps
1 in tank pump
trial fule pressure reg
braided fule lines
electronics:
HKS F-con V pro
HKS VPC
greddy profec b II
blitz turbo timer
custom loom (not much to run)
engine: (currently being built)
block:-
ACL race bearings
K1 conrods with arp 2000 bolts
wisco fordges pistons 1mm oversized
arp main studs
new oem oil pump
new oem s14 oil strainer
new oem chain and tentioner kit
new oem water pump
head:-
race port polished
bc 274 cams
bc titanium vaulve springs and retainers
tomi ajustable pulleys
greddy rocker arm stoppers
arp head bolts
cosworth 1.5mm headgasket
hot side:-
stainless strengthened and braced top mount manifold
51mm external wastegate with screamer
holset hx35 (not yet ordered)
custom downpipe
custom 3inch exhaust
cold side:-
red top low mount intake
denso 850 injectors
large v-mount intercooler 3inch core
apexi induction kit
all custom hardpipes
misc:
18 row oil cooler with filter relocation kit
koyo style ali race rad v-mount
ali oil catch can
samco hose kit
braided oil and water lines
transmition:
rb25 conversion kit (not yet purchased)
os gyken tripple plate clutch (not yet purchased) donations welcome :p
nismo pro gt 2way diff
180sx driveshafts
nismo box mounts
think thats it other than the nitrious antilag i want to run but that not 100% yet all of the above is

G

garys15

some new bits and pieces...
skid wheels

seat and harness

oil cooler and relocation kit

driftworks cs2's

remainder of driftworks pro suspention kit

:D
just wating on the traction arms but wont take long cheers :dw

G

garys15

got bored thismorning, so with my very limeted photoshop skills i have made a very basic overlay for how i want the car to look from my freehand drawings.. the drawings are far clearer but cant get them on here... sooo

wot do you think.. obviously someone with decent design skills could have made a much better attempt but is the best i can do lol and i know it looks far to buissy but i cant get it how i want it with my skills :(
ill try geting the drawings up

G

garys15

i have fia approved ones mate ;) even in date with labels and everything
ah se what you mean .. i have 2 1 fake 1 real lol

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
i have fia approved ones mate ;) even in date with labels and everything
ah se what you mean .. i have 2 1 fake 1 real lol
no passangers for you matey :p lol. Loving the work gone into the arch's here :)

Didnt wanna be a dick just wanted to point out :thumbs:

G

garys15

yea much appreciated mate lol
and no not even a paenger seat :p
authough i will have i can bolt in when needed otherwie the missus would be pissed
oh and yea i didnt have the fab work done but i know it cost close to 7k and was all done by rs fabrications the work is second to none will get more pics of the fab work up in a bit

Last edited:
C

chris s14.5

very nice work.nice to see some good tig welding on the cage and tubed arches instead of th mig

G

garys15

cheers mate wish i could take credit but in all honesty if you saw my welding you would probably cry lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice. can't wait to see it finished.

G

garys15

couple of lil pics sorry about the white out but camera was playing up, bit of surface rust but is just waiting to be prepped and painted properly as this was just a temporary protection coat..