What's new

My s15 work in progress still

Reaction score
not nice to have a bump, but at least this will get the body work all sorted :) and like you say in one colour! Should look spot on once its done..
yep, i can't wait :)

Sounds like my skyline, going to work parked at a light waiting and a taxi came right up in the back of me, damage is identical. I am still waiting on payout and then work commences on my GTT-R conversion. Should be fun ;).
get on to it mate! how long ago did it happen?

Sucks about the bump dude! But will look sweet once it's all repaired and painted!
it's actually not that bad as the rear panel; came apart where it was welded :)

All the Dmax stuff should be in my house now.

I ordered a few days ago a pair of federal rsr track and road tyres. They were £120 each on discount and i had them fitted yesterday. Had 225/40/18's fitted to the 10jj work rim. Omg like look awesome and they grip like you wouldn't believe. So far i've had no understeer with them :)

highly recomended guys

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Gutted for you dude :( But looks like you're getting everything sorted and DMax Type 4 will look immense!!!

Hopefully hook up with you (along with the other James' lol) @ Pembrey next year... or Mallory Park if we can sort out a day's drifting etc :D

Reaction score
Ok some major updates, as the erar panel of the car coule be straightened out there was no point spending hundreds of pounds on new nissan panels.

I took the car over to bryn's on saturday morning.

Here's a few pics.

all of this was done on the saturday within about 8 hours :)

he then test fitted the lights, bootlid and rear bumper and fener to see how they sat :)

the he proceeded to straighten the rear panel

all of this in 1 day!! impressive

Reaction score
Also another update, i popped down to his garage yesterday and removed various snapped bolts from where the front fenders bolt to the car and grinded and tapped the threads. Here is a test fit of the panels to get a general idea of how the car is going to look. I also have 25mm spacers all around to go on :)

check out the flush fitting fuel cap :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
:thumbs: been following this on sxoc. I was interested to see what the insurance would do/did. bit of a result in the end I think and it very nice to see its all back together. Kit looks nice too :cool:. You smothing the rear overfenders in or leaving the rivets on show?

Reaction score
:thumbs: been following this on sxoc. I was interested to see what the insurance would do/did. bit of a result in the end I think and it very nice to see its all back together. Kit looks nice too :cool:. You smothing the rear overfenders in or leaving the rivets on show?
ah cool mate, yea it was a bit of a result from the insurance, had a nice payout from them and the car isn't even down as any cat as they didn't feel the dammage was that bad. They just thought the price of the parts was riddiculous :)

Atm the fenders have screws in them as the car is going in for paint next week. when the car comes back from paint, i have fancy stainless allen key bolts going in with coloured washers (possibly purple lol) the reason behind this is the car is going to be just a track car next year i hope and with me doing 1 track day a month atm if i clip the rear, fender off, new fender on sorted :)

Reaction score
looks good richy, bet you can't wait till its all done and painted :D
Your right mate i can't just hope i don't crash it on the first outing which will be mallory park on the 2nd dec lol. Might have to get a dwyb day in there before then

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice update dude!! :D

Yeah glad to see the insurance sorted you out and you're able to get the DMAX kit and progress... looks awesome!!!

Did you source all the bits from Leon @ EP Racing? I was tempted to go for the boot lip spoiler... think it's the same one as the DW S15 piloted by Phil right?? Looks ace... all of it... not too over the top but much more aggressive than stock :)

PS - soz I can't make Mallory... really tempted but I've seriously gotta save cash and getting Stagea next month :wack: Will be back with vengeance Jan next year tho!!! ;)

Reaction score
Ah no worries dude, will hold you to the january one ;)

Thanks mate for the comments. Yea i'm glad i didn't get the 50mm rear fenders now for that exact reason. It's the same spoiler that phil has on the dw s15. He also got it from epracing from leon, £150 if memory serves me right. All other bits were from Leon at Epracing also. They aren't copy bits, they are genuine DMAX stuff. I asked him as the kit was the last one in stock, he couldn't find any fenders at first and told me it would be at least 6 months wait before he could get anymore as dmax take ages to sort stuff out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
big rear fenders are nice, the stance will be very agressive. i use dmax as well.
always a head turner.

Reaction score
With the 25mm spacers on all round it should be better and it needs to be dropped an inch as well i reckon :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
kit looks fantastic mate, and on the surface everything looks good again, which on a dedicated track car is more than good enough in itself - looking forward to seeing it all one colour after looking at it in two tone for so long ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Richy and his two-tone S15!! :D

Yeah Leon's a good man and sorts me out for body stuff :thumbs: He was showing me the DMAX brochures when I last went round so I know they're official dealers and don't sell copies :)

I might still end up getting the DMAX S15 bonnet with raised rear section... wasn't keen before but it's growing on me and much cheaper than a lot of other brands like Chargespeed etc. Also think they can do FRP version as I want this cos never been keen on carbon bonnet for blue car... will just get it painted like rest of vehicle.

Reaction score
lol Richy and his two-tone S15!! :D

Yeah Leon's a good man and sorts me out for body stuff :thumbs: He was showing me the DMAX brochures when I last went round so I know they're official dealers and don't sell copies :)

I might still end up getting the DMAX S15 bonnet with raised rear section... wasn't keen before but it's growing on me and much cheaper than a lot of other brands like Chargespeed etc. Also think they can do FRP version as I want this cos never been keen on carbon bonnet for blue car... will just get it painted like rest of vehicle.
PMSL two things wrong with that statement........1/ I thought you were selling the car? 2/ the reason for selling the car is because you spend to much money on stuff lol

Reaction score
A little update

Just the left front wing, left skirt and front bumper left to fit now! All Bryn has left to do is fill in the hole in the boot floor and flare the standard rear arches out to meet the over fenders and thats his work done.

The rear bumper needed to be pulled into shape quite a bit.. the section where it bolts into the back of the rear wings was about an inch too wide for the car and the front edges where it meets the wheel arch was about 20cm too wide, yes 20cm lol. A bit of a pull and push here and there by bryn and the panel gaps got tighter than he'd thought they would.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looking good mate :)

Yeah lol I talk about modding even though I'm selling cos we all know she's not gonna sell for a while and by early next year I will have talked myself into keeping her. Trying to sell her up has become nothing but a bit of a joke?! :wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Hey Richy see the rear fenders are the 50mm ones from EP I take it? I thought they made the petrol flap sink in alot more? :(