What's new

Japspeed S15 Silvia Drift Cars for 2009

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Hi Guy's thought i would drop by and say hello :wave: and let you see what we have been up to with our S15's that we are building for the 2009 Drift Season. The cars will be entered in the BDC (British Drift Championship) Pro Drift super series and the EDC, we will have a total of 3 S15's in the team and the 3rd S15 is that of Paul Smith who is a member on this site. The cars will all be painted the same in team colours and looking similar. The other drivers are Danny Eyles from Northampton who finished 5th in the EDC last year not bad for his first year. The other driver is Shane Lynch from Boyzone who is not a bad drifter and this will be his 3rd year this year.

We started with 2 x S15's one complete, a spec R and the other was a competing drift car which we bought less engine, we will be running both cars with RB25's which came out of our bashed skylines from last year and both will be running 430BHP.

Here is some pics of the build up to now;)

Cheers
Paul

Shane's Car

Nice clean Spec R

Strip Down has begun!!

Fabrication work carried out and engine fitted

Tubbed arches for maximum lock

25mm Overfenders, test fitting before we cut out the rear arches

Of to the paint shop for primering inside and out :nod:

More pics to follow :nod:

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Due to the lack of time we had to get 2 cars ready for the 09 season after our nasty crash at Silverstone in September we was against it to get to cars built so we decided to buy a car that was a drift car and bought it without the engine, it would have just as been easy to start from scractch as we also stripped this one down to a bare shell but it did have lots of goodies on it :)

The car was bought from Christy Carpenter who runs in the Prodrift series

Before strip down

Both cars at fabricators
the

Getting ready for tubbing

Been primered inside and out and the final white coat and back at the workshop for all the goodies to be fitted

Last edited:

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
With fitting the RB25 engine we decided to use all Skyline running gear and bolted both front and rear subframes on to the car, all we had to make was a custom gearbox mounts

Final check with engine before this ones goes for paint

Screamer!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Gearbox mounts

RB25 all ready to drop straight in

Engine in before we decided to change the inlet manifold as the bonnet would not shut!!

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Ditched the standard wiring loom and opted for custom made looms to save on weight and eliminate any electrical problems that may occur in the future by only fitting the bare essentials.

Dash all in and we used AEM gauges and boost controller, just need finer adjustment to the gauges to let them sit further back in the dash.

Everything is on a switch as you can see with the switch panel

Custom made fuel tanks with baffled internals to stop any fuel surge

Dry Cell battery and Box

Last edited:

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Ditched the standard wiring loom and opted for custom made looms to save on weight and eliminate any electrical problems that may occur in the future by only fitting the bare essentials.

Dash all in and we used AEM gauges and boost controller, just need finer adjustment to the gauges to let them sit further back in the dash.

Everything is on a switch as you can see with the switch panel

Custom made fuel tanks with baffled internals to stop any fuel surge

Dry Cell battery and Box

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Back and to from the body shop, just dropping one of for the final paint and picking the other up for the engine and running gear to be fitted.

Final prep before paint

One painted one to go

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
We have used Skyline front and rear subframes, Skyline steering rack
Kazz diff, Solid Bushes, Japspeed coilovers and adjustable arms, DW front and rear lower arms. D2 brakes 8 pots front and 6 pots rear

Nice new extra lock hubs from Japan ;)

Nathan and Andy getting as much lock as possible

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Nice carbon boot lid and big thanks to EP Racing for this and the bonnet

Poly carb windows and we used the orginal seals to make look factory

Seats with 6 point harnesses

Interior Finished with alloy door cards

Engine just about finished, just needs the mikolars and a map and it's ready to go

Should have them both finished next week and will get more pics up soon :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
That's some very nice workd sone to some very nice cars :)
I have never seen polycarb windows done like that before. Looks like factory items. :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

WHy did you bother using the R33 rear subframe when the S15 one is stronger and has added bracing?
Surely it would have been easier to just swap the diffs and shafts?

Other than that, nice work.

Oh and you missed the steering gaitors off Paul ;) :D

Reaction score
Nice cars hopefully I will see them at JTS Silverstone will come say :wave: if I see you guys. Ah carbon boot:notworthy:, well done on the windows they look great.

E

Envious

Loving the white one looks awesome!

Like how you have tried to keep all the standard lines!

D

david

Nice work lads but can i ask why use RB25s instead of SR20s i would have taught the 20s were a better engine to take hardship! correct me if im wrong!
i know ye had them from the other cars is this the main reason?

By the way best of luck for 09 :cool:

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
WHy did you bother using the R33 rear subframe when the S15 one is stronger and has added bracing?
Surely it would have been easier to just swap the diffs and shafts?

Other than that, nice work.

Oh and you missed the steering gaitors off Paul ;) :D

Matt the gaitors are not on because it's not finished :rolleyes: just getting maximum lock then they will be put back together.

We used the R33 gear as he will be carrying R33 spares to all the rounds and 3 cars will be using the same running gear

Cheers
Paul

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
Nice work lads but can i ask why use RB25s instead of SR20s i would have taught the 20s were a better engine to take hardship! correct me if im wrong!
i know ye had them from the other cars is this the main reason?

By the way best of luck for 09 :cool:
The reason for the RB's is that we needed over 400BHP and if we used the SR's we would have had to spend a lot of money to get them up to that spec and then we would of had gearbox problems, all we are trying to achive this season is reliability and the RB have proven this over the past few seasons

Cheers
Paul