My new S15

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mint, just to warn you: Topper got a producer for wheels which stuck out less than those... Also means parking two feet from the kerb to make sure you don't kerb them :p

D

Dizz

Haha, ye going to have to be seriously careful with them!!! :ghey:

My Chaser as requested:

Spec:

ENGINE:
2.5L Straight 6-cylinder Turbo VVTi (1JZ-GTE)
HKS 2835 GT Pro Turbo
HKS Intercooler and Piping Kit
HKS Oil Cooler and Filter Relocation Block
HKS Racing Cat
HKS Full Exhaust System
HKS Turbo Elbow
HKS Super Power Flow Reloaded Induction Kit
HKS Fuel Pump
HKS Injectors
HKS Spark Plugs
HKS F-Con Pro SZ ECU
HKS EVC 5 Boost Controller
3 Layer Aftermarket Rad

SUSPENSION / BRAKES / WHEELS / DRIVE:
Advan Racing RGII 17" Alloys (including spare )
Brembo F50 Front Brake Kit
PPD Fully Floating Front Discs
Endless Brake Pads Front & Rear
Stainless Mesh Brake Lines
HKS Triple Plate GD Clutch
Aftermarket Diff
Uprated Diff Mounts
HSD Type HD Coilovers (brand new)
Aftermarket Front Strut Brace

BODY / EXTERIOR:
Uras Front Bumper
Kazama Auto Side Skirts
Kazama Auto Rear Bumper
Front Crystal Corner Lights

INTERIOR:
TRD 320km Speedo
DEFI Controller
DEFI BF Boost Gauge
Carbon Fibre Dash Trim Kit

I like HKS! :D

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Mint, just to warn you: Topper got a producer for wheels which stuck out less than those... Also means parking two feet from the kerb to make sure you don't kerb them :p
I was under the impression it didnt matter how much the rim stuck past the arch but if the tyre was stretched enough so that the top of the tread was in the arch? Im fairly sure thats how it works?

As there is countless dub boys and dudes on DW who run rims similar to this, as long as the stretch is enough?.. hmm.

I seen this Chaser when it was up fro sale. Looks nice!!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Tell that to Topper. He was one of the sensible people who had tyres which actually fitted his rims. He had to change his entire set of wheels because of it. I believe the logic goes that wheels which stick out beyond the arches are a hazzard to pedestrians. So, fitting a set of flared arches would overcome the problem because the pedestrian would then fall over the arches rather than the wheels :wack: So, its up to you. Its a bit like cut down plates. You might happily run with one for years without issue, but you run the risk of being stopped and given a producer. And I know plenty of people who have had producers for plates.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah i see what your saying dude, However iirc the law states that it is not the wheel sticking out from the car but the surface of the tyre. Hence why if topper ran stretched tyres to roll into the OEM arch's, He technically would have been alright.

Fairly confident on this one. However Iam no traffic officer :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I was told by a traffic cop that it is the tread (not walls) of the tyre that can not pretrude further than the uppper arch. I can see why pretruding wheels and sidewalls could be dangerous though..

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Makes no odds to me. I'd never run wheels like that. :)

I'd be more worried about the kerbing and arches damaging the tyres (especially if I ran so low I gave ants a number two). :p

Reaction score
I was told by a traffic cop that it is the tread (not walls) of the tyre that can not pretrude further than the uppper arch. I can see why pretruding wheels and sidewalls could be dangerous though..
For mot, the tread has to be in the arch the wall of the tire can be as stretched as you want, so if the rims stick out i don't think it matters. That being said who gaurds the guards?

i had a copper wanting to give me a producer because i had the harness bolted to the back seat belt bolt on my old s14a and he said if you crash because the harness isn't at 90 degrees you can dammage your spin......:eek: lol

subzero

Reaction score
ah yeah, remember the chaser from dtd.... cracking car mate ....

interesting change . supose most people get tired of the cars after a certain time

D

Dizz

ah yeah, remember the chaser from dtd.... cracking car mate ....

interesting change . supose most people get tired of the cars after a certain time
Needed money to be honest and wasn't getting any reasonable cash offers. I'm out of a job from next Friday so just accepted the trade in. Glad I did now though :D