What's new

Rick's Nissan S15 Silvia Spec R Aero

P

Pazz

Sweet, already buying the goodies! Whats the power output on the IHI?

I've just added you on MSN as I see you dont accept PM's.

S

StarletRick

dont i?

i dont know why i dont accept PMs :\

also, that turbo is rated at 350hp, its only a mild upgrade to the stock unit, but its supposed to give a nice midrange kick compared to the 28r.

only bought it coz it was cheap ^^

EDIT: i can now accept PMs, i had no idea it was set like that :\

Last edited:
S

StarletRick

just managed to get myself these ^^

Yashio Factory Coilovers ^^

they are quite soft as far as coils go, 5k on the rear and 7k on the front. which is only a touch stiffer than the S-Tunes.

they should be a pretty good combo with the ARBs i fitted last weekend.

S

StarletRick

right, i havent updated this in an age! so heres a big catch up!

i took her off the road a good while back to give it a nice overhaul and fit a few bits and bobs that need fitting.

first of all was a good cd player as the japanese minidiscs i was kindly left by the previous owner were getting a bit tedious. theres only so much jap techno a man can take.

so out came the crappy old unit and in went this...

with the dash apart, i found a few stray wires, followed them. then followed some more and found a whole install! tv tuners, dvd players, the works. all nearly tucked away under the carpet and the dash.

i hoofed the seats out and got to work stripping it all out.

also fitted some yashio bits for good measure!

i then decided to get to work on the engine. that PE tubo had spent too long on the cupboard for my liking.

out came the stock turbo and all that crap, and in went the PE.

while the engine was appart, i took the chance to powdercoat the cam cover.

nice?

after a long old search, i FINALLY found an aero front bumper for a good price!

so off the car went to have that fitted and sprayed along with a few other bits i had been waiting to fit.

wisesquare front wings and some veilside mirrors i had picked up a while ago.

the car was painted by martin at Littleknocks, i cant fault his work! its perfect. im really pleased with how it came out!

i also managed to get hold of a fujitsubo giken exhaust for it to replace the japspeed one i had on there, it was just too loud for me.

much nicer!

had the car mapped up at H-Dev by Jez and it feels like a new car. that little PE turbo is a punchy little ****er. it has a very very usable torque band and will be perfect for what i want on track. pulls nice and hard all the way to the redline.

but now comes the hard bit. the suspension.

im going to go all out on the handling, and get it cornering as best i can as i plan to do quite a lot of trackwork with her.

starting with the subframe. i didnt want locking collars, so i decided to sort it out properly.

out come the stock bushes (what a ****er they were!)

after alot of fannying about, they all came out, and the subframe went off to the powdercoaters for a refirb.

it was shotblasted, zinc coated to prevent rust and then powdercoated in a nice quiet colour.

i have all the DW control arms, so i got the frame done in the same colour to match it all.

then the bushes went in.

mounting bushes...

diff bushes...

thats it for now. im planning on getting it all fitted and sorted this weekend.

so ill try to keep this thread updated on a more regular basis now that ive got it up to date!

Last edited:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
That pink is bright :cool:

Nice to find all that stuff hidden away.

Looks like your doing the full works on this car, nice job :thumbs:

Reaction score
car looks awesome mate :) I have to say i do love pink/purple under the bonnet hope that doesn't make me :ghey:

What sort of power is she putting out with the new turbo?