What's new

sscottys S15

S

sscotty

Update time! :D

I bought a turbo which was meant to be a Garrett GT2860 ie disco potato but turned out to be a much bigger GT2876. Also got, 4x 550cc SARD injectors, Standard Manifold and standard dump pipe for the moment.
All going well im hoping to run this turbo on about 14psi which on the de should spool up nice and quick and make (I hope) 240kw+ :twisted: :twisted:
Hopefully this time I wont have to sell of most of the turbo parts again to pay for track damage :lol:

A comparision between a standard t28 and the gt2876

Heres a dyno sheet from the previous owner..

He had it on a GTIR engine using standard GTIR parts except he got it forged. I think that was after this dyno tune though.
He eventually made 330hp(246kw) at the front wheels on 15psi

S

sscotty

I'll only be running it at 14spi max due to it going on an sr20de. So 550's should be fine

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I'll only be running it at 14spi max due to it going on an sr20de. So 550's should be fine
Being a fellow spec S owner I'm intruiged by the + T but what internals have you changed in preperation for the addition of the turbo & is it costing you more than an engine swap?? I've always been told the +T was a more expensive option???

S

sscotty

Nothing on the engine internally is being touched. Not even the head gasket.

Thats where people seem to get confused. Im aiming for 240ish rwkw. The cost to do that to a de+t is just the parts.

The cost to do that on a DET is the engine 1st. Then you still have to buy all the parts. You replace, the injectors, turbo etc on the engine you have just bought!

S

sscotty

I'll get you some links from the nissansilvia.co.nz website when I get home. But just quickly there are 3 cars in the club at the moment that are +t running over 200rwkw, the highest being 223kw. One of them has been +t for 4 years and it gets tracked regularly. None have died. And they are quicker than a det with the same power due to the increased compression

S

sscotty

I half blended one of my rear guards in the weekend! haha but no. Progress is going to be very very slow. I aim to have the turbo in and the car painted by the end of the year

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
duuuude please, for the love of the ichi go.. stop sticking on bodyparts to it and NOT spraying it! Looks shocking >_<'

Especially when you have the best colour of 15 too lol

S

sscotty

Im currently blending the guards in after which point it will be getting painted.

But it wont be silver : )

Last edited: