What's new

My S15

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Here's a few pics & a quick spec of my Silvia. It's a Spec S and I have it since April this year, so far all I've changed are the tyres, tail lights and head unit... Let me know what you think, plus anyone with a moderately tuned SR20DE in their S15 let me know, I'm considering putting some money towards trying to up the power (cams, springs, flowed head, etc) but I'm not sure what levels of torque/bhp are achievable... (Edit; I've been told it's prohibitavely expensive when compared to an SR20DET swap so these are off the cards for the minute :( )

The spec:

- Trial Bodykit
- Driftworks CS2 coilovers.
- Apexi "SR" branded Cat back exhaust system 4.5"
- Apexi radiator
- Custom painted rocker cover
- Lightweight Bronze Nismo GT4 alloys. 17" lightweight Monoblck forged alloys Manufactered by Rays Engineering for Nismo; 17 x 7.5" ET +30 at the front & 17 x 8.5" ET+40 at the rear
- Whiteline Adjustable Anti Roll Bar (rear)
- Cusco rear strut brace (undershelf)
- RSR front strut brace
- Nismo suspension link bushes
- Unknown Rear Toe Adjuster Rods
- Unknown Rear Camber Adjuster Upper Arms
- Unknown caster adjustable front tension rod
- Hankook Ventus Evo tires all round. 215/45r17 V12's in the front and 235/45r17 S1's at the rear
- Big Brake upgrade; custom painted OEM UKDM 200SX calipers with APP stainless steel lines. EBC Ultimax discs and Yellowstuff pads all round.
- HKS Mushroom filter
- Blitz Grounding kit
- Tinted windows / wind deflectors
- Origin style tail lights (unfortunately couldn't source the real ones)
- Sony MEX-1GP head unit
- Nismo smoked side repeaters

As you can see the headlights need a lot of attention but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. The bodykit is a bit loud (& not to everyones taste) and I had every intention of changing the front bumper but the minute I saw it in the flesh I decided to keep it.

Future plans, not sure yet. I'm in two minds whether I'll try to tune the n/a sr20 or just upgrade to a spec R. That all depends on funds etc but I really like that clearcorner headlight conversion so I reckon I'll save up and start with that!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sweet, just need to do an engine swap and you got the complete package there.

S

s15andy.s

very nice lad...i have a spec s aswell check out my pics an spec in the gallery section! you will hard to tune it to 200bhp id say..there is a rare autec version u can get its a tuned version of the sr20de an they only make 200bhp max..best of look with it:thumbs:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Cheers lad, yeah I've heard a good bit about the Autech version; it has higher compression ratios than the normal DE, high lift cams, the 6 speed box from the spec R, upgraded diff & a few other goodies. They're supposed to be savage. I'll talk to John in jomo, he does all the work on the car for me, and I'll see where to go from there...

S

s15andy.s

Cheers lad, yeah I've heard a good bit about the Autech version; it has higher compression ratios than the normal DE, high lift cams, the 6 speed box from the spec R, upgraded diff & a few other goodies. They're supposed to be savage. I'll talk to John in jomo, he does all the work on the car for me, and I'll see where to go from there...

ya i was looking into getting one myself when i got the spec s,i did alot of research on them..they are nicely tuned,but its hard to find a mint one that looks nice..ie kit, etc

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I know, I've heard there's only 1 or 2 in Ireland. I think they've all ended up in Australia, the laws over there mean a "P" plater (which I can only assume is some form of provisional or learner driver) can't drive a modified or Turbo car, plus some weird rule in their import laws means that a JDM Spec S doesn't meet the standards & can't be imported so they're all after the Autech version....

S

s15andy.s

ya u hit the nail on the head there..all the oz lads have all the autecs!!ive read it numerous times on many chat forms,its like they say bout twin cams--all the irish lads have them..

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I haven't seen too many NA silvias here. I am not sure about why the s spec did not come here but I am sure it would not have been because of ADR's. I think they didn't come here because there wouldn't have been much of a market for them

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
It's been mentioned a few times on nissansilvia.com (the au site) that the JDM Spec S is ineligble for import for some reason but that the Autechs can be imported; hance the austalians hoging most the limited run of Autechs :(

subzero

Reaction score
looks savage in this pic man...

when i was scouting the auctions last summer , there was loads of kitted autecs on offer.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Cheers lad, it looks weird though with no intercooler!!!! I wanted a spec R or an Autech but my Almera was written off by an uninsured driver so I didn't have the time or the funds to import one myself :(

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Just though I'd update this a bit. I've recently fitted smoked nismo side repeaters and upgraded all of the headlight bulbs. I've also been told that it is an Apexi cat back system & she has a Blitz grounding kit.
Here's a pic of the head unit:

And a few pics of her after a wash & wax :D

I've some new goodies bought & some more have been or are in the process of being ordered so I'll update the spec again when they're fitted (hopefully in time for the sxoc trackday in March :nod: )

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks david. Its the multistorey in the Blanchardstown centre, the angle on the ramps are pretty good but I darent go more than one level up incase I had difficulties coming back down, but I didn't (it shows as level 2 in the pics but level 1 is the ground floor so I was actually only 1 storey up)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Just thought I'd update this. I bought some new handling goodies for the SXOC Trackday last month. Unfortunately the brakes didn't arrive in time so they're still not on the car but on the up side I found some Unknown brand handling rods / arms which I didn't even know were there (noob mistake I know :eek: )

- Whiteline Adjustable Anti Roll Bar (rear)
- Nismo suspension link bushes
- Unknown Rear Toe Adjuster Rods
- Unknown Rear Camber Adjuster Upper Arms
- Unknown caster adjustable front tension rod
- Big brake upgrade: 200sx 4pot calipers with APP stainless steel lines; I ordered EBC Ultimax discs and Yellowstuff pads all round but the wrong discs were delivered so I'll just have to get them fitted.

And here are some pics of me on track (shamelessly robbed from Subzero - thanks Johnny :thumbs: )