What's new

s15 Stateside...CAMBER!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice.

What are the regulations with RHD cars in the US?

J

JDM JUNKIE

It looks like you re-painted the lower dash from looking at the before and after pics... did you?
Nice wheels ;) I'd like to have more dish myself but not quite as much as your setup.

Reaction score
Looks great, what a big difference to the first shots. The stock front bar suits it better than that big mouth unit. Thats some serious negative camber you have there as well :D:D

Reaction score
Country
Hey there,

Didnt know you were here. Saw your wheels spec in ns.com. Respect mate.

Work Meister 3pc Matte Black Faces, Matte Black Rivets
18x9 +4 215/35
18x10 +5 235/40

How much camber do you run? Nothing short of 5 i take it? lol

Reaction score
Sweet, those wheels really set the car off. Just get ready to spend on tyres every month or so. I say pull the fenders and sort the camber, the drop look nice. What suspension are you running?

F

Fujiyama

Sweet, those wheels really set the car off. Just get ready to spend on tyres every month or so. I say pull the fenders and sort the camber, the drop look nice. What suspension are you running?
Thank you for the compliments
I am running Fortune-Auto coilovers

My friend pulled the fenders a few mm
But one of the rear fenders is damaged and there is a huge ding in it. He was scared to pull it out anyomore in fear of buckling the whole fender in so we went the camber route. Honestly I did not intend on running this much camber. I was hoping for -3 range and we ended up with -5 in the rear and -4 in the front.

I have a set of top secret cup kits on order. Not sure how familiar you guys are with this but its a metal piston that is sandwiched in the coilover that can raise the whole car up 3 inches without adversely effecting handeling. I plan on raising it up a bit when driving around and that would effectively give me less camber...then dump it when I park it.

Here is what I am talking about
and brief description from TS's website

They are NOT hydraulics or airbags. They do NOT suffer from the same limitations and performance reducing issues as hydraulic systems or air bags. We use the complete system on several of our competition vehicles.

Looks great, what a big difference to the first shots. The stock front bar suits it better than that big mouth unit. Thats some serious negative camber you have there as well :D:D
thanks!

It looks like you re-painted the lower dash from looking at the before and after pics... did you?
Nice wheels ;) I'd like to have more dish myself but not quite as much as your setup.
Yes I took out the whole lower dash and repainted it
The factory color was all scuffed and scratched up

very nice.

What are the regulations with RHD cars in the US?
as far as RHD that is legal in the states

F

Fujiyama

Hey there,

Didnt know you were here. Saw your wheels spec in ns.com. Respect mate.

Work Meister 3pc Matte Black Faces, Matte Black Rivets
18x9 +4 215/35
18x10 +5 235/40

How much camber do you run? Nothing short of 5 i take it? lol
Thanks, yes I linger on here but do not really post much.
Those are my specs:)

When we set the camber I intially thought it was in the -7 range in the rear. Luckily it was only -5 lol

S

s15andy.s

unreal looking car mate,nice work...and a real colour too:) pewter all the way..!

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Wow those wheels look massive, and there only 1/2 inch bigger than the ones Im getting delivered tomorrow :eek:

The car looks very :cool:

I

ilogik

that car looks cool, I was not a big fan of that colour to begin with, but as I see more modified versions I am really starting to like them.

Reaction score
Pewters rule and not because I rock one ................. well maybe a little ;).

P

Pazz

Wow those wheels look massive, and there only 1/2 inch bigger than the ones Im getting delivered tomorrow :eek:
They look wide/big, but thats just the ET5 offset creating the illusion that they are wide. Compare this to a 9.5J ET38 setup which sits perfectly in the rear arch.

These look wide because they do not sit completly in the arch. Or at least the bottom of the wheel is not inline with the arch sill.

Thats a mad tyre stretch, 235 onto a 10" (254mm)! Nearly 10mm overstretch each side. But the setup is pretty counter-productive in terms of maintaining a high level of grip. It would be interesting to do the math and find out what proportion of the tyre is in contact.

Last edited: