What's new

Jez's White Aero Spec R

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
jez, give us a shout about your k-sports mate when you get shot, as much as i think they will be more than i need i think the weight off the hubs from 2 piece discs and cast iron calipers will make a difference - just should of done that in the first place i guess....

love your graphs, massive torque for the standard puffer - truly the best of both worlds :) watch the turbo though, mine developed a crack around the wastegate after not long at 1.2 bar, i think its just creeping beyond its comfort zone but the figures speak for themselves. congratulations mate!

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Nice graphs. That's the best I've seen on the original turbo setup :nod:
there has actually been more (but I darnt post em, lol) ive done extensive testing on the dyno witha healthy 40k factory motor with usual exhaust (turbo back) but stock maf and injectors, and when the GT2560R is pushed to 1.5bar (which of course I would NEVER recommend) ive seen around 374ft Ibs and 345hp - road test confirmed what I experienced on the dyno (compressor surge) and naturally the turbo in its current state couldnt hold the boost well, injectors were well over 100%, maf topped out over 4volts but as a tuner one needs to see as a reference point absolute LIMITS and given the permission Im not gonna say no ;) .. I do have it recorded somewhere in my archives but as its in effect an invalid run and I naturally never included it in my FCTuningNistune Channel. Purely done for research purposes

the car was detuned, of course... to 330hp / 340 Ft Ibs

Had the turbocharged been converted to a hybrid of somekind with a ported exhaust housing and larger exhaust wheel, the car been fitted with 740s and a Z32 Maf then yes.. i would have left it as it was... This was ONLY DONE AS A TEST !!! so as I could explore the limitations and make necessary data logs

The factory S15 tubby is a GREAT unit.. Whos gonna fit one with Cams And swing my way so the club can see what it will do when setup ??

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not yet, going to hopefully fit next weekend, got new discs, pads, bolts, lines so just need to drill out the carriers to 14mm before fitting.
Cool, I look forward to seeing the next batch of pics then with the new Brembo's. Must admit, a fresh set of Brembo's look the absolute nuts :)

The factory S15 tubby is a GREAT unit.. Whos gonna fit one with Cams And swing my way so the club can see what it will do when setup ??
Steve, I'll be doing this in the new year hopefully. Just need to save up a bit of cash to fund it first as I'll do the AFM and injectors too like Jez has.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Cams

no probs craig

Would be great to see what some drop in cams will do on the S15 turbocharger :) and more importantly how well it will deliver and spread torque against one of the existing tunes already performed