What's new

khoala'a s15

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I am not very confident in them, they are thin, but not too thin, if you know what i mean ;)

Two very smart cars there, i should of been in that photo as one of the Vertex Crew :p

S

S15R

Topper haha cruise down to Australia :D not really That far aye? :D

U find vertex kit everywhere in Australia lol

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15R said:
Topper haha cruise down to Australia :D not really That far aye? :D

U find vertex kit everywhere in Australia lol
How long do you think it would take by car?? few weeks prob.... Noone anygood with Photoshop :rolleyes: :D

I've got the only Vertex covered S15 in Scoland, maybe even the UK (that we know of) :wave:

K

khoala

S15R said:
Topper said:
khoala said:
vertex kit......rear bar, side skirts perfect fit....the panel beter even said it was a good job, the fibre glass is strong and is very thin compared to many other...its as thin as an original vertex kit (my mate has an origianl kit and measure them...same thickness)...front bar is slighlty off...up to 5mm on the passenger side but nothing an oversized washer can't force into place hahaha
So its not the genuine vertex kit?? I have the original vertex kit (or so i'm told) front and rear bumpers fit well, but the sideskirts dont, this could be as they were fitted poorly originally :rolleyes:
the genuine vertex bumpers are very thin, a friend of mine in nz had imported in a genuine vertex full kit, found out that it wasnt as strong as copy ones :eek:

btw what colour was the car originally? :D
the car was originally pewter

when i got the kit fitted, i wanted to get a few dints fixed and thought why not, so got the rest of the car resprayed...took me about 2 weeks, driving to heaps of car yards to see what color i liked!

oh yeah, its a genuine vertex rear spoiler too

K

kenji

Khoala,

Does your vertex front bumper dip under the headlights? I just bought a non genuine kit recently and getting it fitted at the workshop at the moment, and mine dips.

80sty

sweet ride man the vertex kit would have to be the best looking kit for the s15 and that silver awsome diff compared to the pewter

K

khoala

Update on my car :)

As of last week i've got my car back, the new additions to the family are;
Pirelli Dragons on the Rear 255/35/18
Toyo SW (TASW) on the front 225/40/18
Nismo engine and transmission mounts
ORC 409DS with lighten flywheel and Redline lightweight shockproof
(single plate, heavy duty with damper and silencer)
All engine seals replaced
Head reconditioned
Trust metal head gasket 1.2mm with87mm bored
Trust Rocker arm stoppers
Aluminium intake pipe
New oil pump
HKS Step 1 cams (256/264 and i think 10.5 and 10 lift as no valve springs are require for this)
Replaced my vertical cusco catch can with a horizontal mount kazama catch can that is fitted on the fan shroud using the cusco spring hose
Cusco Brake Master Cylinder stopper
Braided brake lines front and rear with Motul RFB600
Braided Clutch line (installed over a year ago but forgot to add)
Slotted rda rotors front and rear
Endless SSS front pads

To be done before the end of the year
Trust Oil pan (sitting in my room)
Trust Oil cooler kit
Koyo radiator

car still needs a tune right now but low end feels crazy

K

khoala

Also
the ice in the boot has been removed, yes, i have a boot now!
so the 2 subs, the 2 amps, capacitor and obviously the custom boot install is gone.
All the stinger cabling removed.
(Moving it all over to gf's dc5)

Have replaced it with
Rear speakers
-removed the stock and replaced it with Jaycar Response 6.5" woofer rated at 80watts rms
New Clarion APX2404 (or something like that, their new range, 4*60watts rms)
Aeropro 4 channel amp wiring kit used
Aeropro digital positive gold terminal
Aeropro negative gold terminal

I swear i've got something else....

Ah yes,
Bride Ergo II on the way (in black with the logo thingy)
Have ordered genuine bride Type RX rails for passenger and driver side

Will use the ergo temporarily as driver until i order the Brix II in a couple months!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice :)
Less show more go :thumbs:
Seems like alot of stuff has happened recently.
Must feel great to have the car back :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
khoala said:
Rear speakers
-removed the stock and replaced it with Jaycar Response 6.5" woofer rated at 80watts rms
Very interested to hear more about these :nod: Are they a sub-woofer or just a bass speaker?? and are you replacing both rear speaker with these??

Nice spec list, should notice a difference in performance with just remocing your ICE :D

:EDIT: Is this the baby?? Do they work well??

K

khoala

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=CAT

no, these are the babies, the kevlar ones.
they are classified as subwoofers in the jaycar site
they replaced both my rear parcel shelf speakers

thing to note with these are it does sound good, sound great if you are in the backseat however if you don't have them in small enclosure (i don't) you can't turn it up that loud at all, in this case, the stock speakers have a better sound to it.

there is a lot of movement with the cone so you will need to mount it from underneath the shelf (as it hits the grill) rather then dropping it through the top and for some reason you need to redrill the holes in the parcel as they do not align with each other.

the other option to this is the more expensive one, but same really are the JL audio ones, however i think they cost twice as much and are only 6" so you would need a custom baffle to fit it in

K

khoala

Update again

Okay, after so long, i can't stand having next to no bass, so what have i done...
I've purchased a Clarion 12" 4ohm dual coil sub woofer (PXW1252) with a prefabricated enclosure, running the dual ohm sub in series, bridge the rear chanel of the amps to run at 2ohms also, bass punches hard, and jammed it between the rear power window motor and floor then drilled it in with a bracket.

Also, my Bride Egro 2 with the gradation has arrived and is in my car :)
was tite at the start, but after a month, very comfortable, and i don't think its tight enough anymore so will be moving it over soon and getting the brix 2 :)

Rolled the rear guards to accomodate the new alignment and wheels

using NGK copper plugs now instead of the iridiums that were in there

replace the q45 afm with z32 afm, to be tuned sat week

Have order Cusco Toe Rod and is on the way from Japan.
Did i mention i got Rays wheel nuts in blue as well :p
Made the BOV atmo
Found out the coilovers are 10/8kg
stiffen the dampers up to 3 clicks from hardest

Next up on the list is the radiator, so saving for that
and possibly kazama castor arm

Did i mention that i cracked my front bar and possibly damage my front LH fender hitting my friends driveway???

Last edited:
K

khoala

its suprisingly still comfortable....
but those last 3 clicks on the damper...its harsh....
the ride is firm, grips well (can throw the tail out easily if i wanted to)
can't wait til after the tune to really feel the cams come in for a kick!
i played with the setting, running a tad rich at the moments, but cams feel great :)