What's new

ShadyUK's Pearl Aero S15

Reaction score
Yup its gonna have some camber but not that much as its a 9.0J wheel. Most have 9.5J and they sit out just slightly. Mine will be 6mm further in plus I had my arches rolled and very lightly flared. Ill drop the rear more to avoid the 45degree wedge!!! Just wait and see! Fingers crossed the weathers gonna be alright this weekend and if so, ill get some pics up! The S15 below has the same setup as me!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
haha yeh I didnt realise how quickly the boot flings up on S15's. is that normal?
Yeah mine used to do it... got so annoyed i put the spoiler back on! Gunna take it off again this afternoon and fiddle with the mechanism to make it less explosive... its weird coz the spoiler less s15s dont do it... and i cant see them having a different mech so there must be some sort of adjustment!

Reaction score
ach nein!! :censored:

The fronts stick out but about 2cm! The stretched tyres look fine when theyre off the car but once on, it just looks so odd! So so angry with myself! Looks like im gonna have to order me some new fronts or go wide fender! What should I do? Buy 18s, or go wide? The 17s dont look odd because of the size but more because of the tyres. Should I get some larger tyres and run camber?

BTW the rears sit perfectly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ok sticking out 2cm when u have drop the car or it's still on jacks?

If you've dropped it, dial in some camber, 2cm is not much :p

Reaction score
Thing is I can tuck them in by adjusting the camber but the tyres still look funny. If I get 225s, they'll look fine but then they wont tuck under. Another option is to raise the profile from 40 to 45.

Reaction score
Country
Bummer dude, i guess the +25 offset was just too low :(. This is why i went for the 18 x 8" +35 to be sure of no issues.

Where abouts you live ? Ive got mine and tyres should be here anyday, you could try on my fronts to see what they look like ? Wont be getting my S15 for a few weeks as its waiting to go in for its ESVA so i wont have any pics for a while :(

Reaction score
Live near Heathrow. Thing is I could tuck them in but id need to run some camber which i really dont want to do. If you like, would you be willing to sell me your fronts and ill get the quote off perfectrun for two more of the same?

Reaction score
Country
PM'd you back mate. I live in Essex so i guess this is pretty far for you to just fit them to look ?

Reaction score
**** luck! Get wider fenders and wider tyres... did you take any photos??? Dont understand how they didnt fit :confussed:

Test fitted mine without tyres to make sure im clearing the coilovers... the rears fit fine... could probably do with having some huge spacers to bring them out even further!!!
My fronts fit fine with no spacers... but once the tyres are on i'll probably have some issues, so tried with a 10mm spacer... still had loads of room and cleared the coilovers fine... still gunna have to run a 255 on the front max 265

Reaction score
well I think I may hve jumped the gun a bit as although they do stick out and the tyres are too small, I have yet to lower the car on the front and i havent even begun to play with camber yet so yes, they will fit but i just need to figure out how to adjust my teins properly. I was just so annoyed because the rears fit so well. Anyway, I was adjusting the fronts today and i lowered it to just before the point where the springs have no tension in them, basically as low as I could take it and it wasnt enough. However, the thread on the coilovers runs all the way to the bottom and im guessing I could raise the mounting arm which would then mean id need to unbolt the whole thing. I hope this is making sense. If so, can I do this?

Take a look at this pic (its not mine however its the same thing). See how the bottom sticks out a little from the mounting frame? The thread runs all the way up so im guessing this can also be adjusted. Can it?

Reaction score
Country
if its the same as the pic yes it can.. as that is were you should of been adjusting you height from in the first place. adjsusting the spring tension is not ment for height at all, its for setting you spring preload. which effects handling. by having the bottom mount adjustment you can change height without effecting suspension spring setup/handling.

On cheaper coilovers they dont give you that height adjustment, so the only way is to mess with the spring tension which cause the handling to change with height.

Reaction score
Eeer... 'till your spring had no tension'???? Dude i dont think your meant adjust that bit!!! Im sure thats the preload on the spring which isnt meant to be touched... on mine i undo the locking collar on the bottom mount (connecting to the hub) Then twist the threaded part.... then more thread apears through the bottom making it lower...

What teins do you have?????

Reaction score
The Teins I have are called Type 2 Master Flex. So how do i adjust it then? Theres a locking colllar that I tried to undo but it wouldnt budge. Then theres the two for the spring. I always assumed that lowering that would lower the car. Something new ive learnt then. Ill just put it back to how it was then by copying the other side and adjust the bottom one.

Reaction score
Eeer... 'till your spring had no tension'???? Dude i dont think your meant adjust that bit!!!
i meant I adjusted it to just before the point where there was no tension. Anyway I see it was wrong to do this. Do i have to remove the bolts from the mounting frame to lower it? Ive never done this before.:eek:

Reaction score
Dont worry i did the exact same thing!!!
Measure the distance from the top of the spring to the bottom on the other side and set it back to that then spray a whole load of wd40 or even better penertrating oil on the collar that wont budge! Then turn the threaded part with man strength... else you can undo the 2 big bolts and spin it... but depneding on how low you have it you'l probably need a jacl under the brake disc to push it up hight enough to do the bolts back up!
Its not a major job just take your time!