What's new

Alexfalk S15 Spec R -00

A

alexfalk

I?m sorry to dissappoint you. I don?t have any big plans for it. I took the axles off it to change all of the bushings, retighten the LSD and strengthen some parts of the suspension.

I have done all of the work on the car eccept the bottom end balancing and weight matching and the port job of the head.

When I get time to work on the car it?s not taking long to take it apart. I disassembled the axles in a little over 2 hours for example.

Last edited:
A

alexfalk

Used the easter weekend to paint the engine bay.

Everything sandblasted

Sanded

Filler coat

Base coat

Then for some reason I thought that the clear was thin enough from the beginning so I did not need to ad thinner:annoyed:.:censored: Huge misstake. It looked like crap!

So now I have to sand the clear down enough to make it even and then put one more layer on it. :cry:

Also I have recieved my new intake manifold. Will be interesting to see if it performs better than the oem one.

The last parts for the engine are ordered now. Hope they will arrive next week so I can put the engine together:thumbs:

A

alexfalk

I think this project thread needs an ending.

This is a pic of the car when all axles and most of the engine bay ancillaries where refitted.

Around may last year the car was pretty complete. I took 2 weeks of work to finnish it and made an appointment with a tuner for mapping. Saddly when i turned the key again the car wouldn´t start. I had the same problem as when I started and I couldn´t find any reason for this when I took the car appart.

The rest of the summer I was occupied with other cars and had no time or will to work on the S15.

In november I picked it up again and I found that I got no power to the ECU. The mires seemed fine when I used a summer. Then it must be a ground fault I thought. But I couldn´t find anything wrong.
I ended up pretty pissed and ripped out the entire interior. Then I found that 2 ground cables for the heater control where badly burnt and had melted together with the main harness.

I managed to get a new heater control unit with some extra wiring and renovated the entire wiring loom. Everything carefully soldered and covered with shrink tubing.

Then finally i actually got it started.

After some sorting some minor issues like oil leaks and sensor adjustments it was ready for the Swedish inspection and registration.