What's new

SillbeerS15's small update

S

sillbeers15

Christmas came early for me this year.....cheers everyone!

Recently installed the following:
1. HKS F-CON V Pro 3.24, with map selector and launch/antilag control.
2. HKS 740cc injectors.
3. HKS Twin Power.
4. HKS 100mm Suction Kit.
5. HKS EVC (VI).

And tuned.....

Following are some pics to share.

Front right view.

Rearview.

Sideview.

NISMO 280km/h instrument cluster.

New Sard FPR, R34 GT-R Fuelpump, Borsch filter, steel braided hoses installed.

HKS Twin Power to supply stable spark @ high revs.

HKS F-CON V Pro, Turbo timer, Fan Controller, Map selector knob installed in glove compartment.

New HKS 100mm Suction Kit + Filter.

New EVC (VI) to tinkle with....hehee!

Engine Compartment updated with newly painted rocker cover and new IC pipes.

G

gunner93

Sillbeers,

Whats the left red switch in front of the gear for? Also what boost meter have you fitted? From the pic looks like Defi?

Otherwise, cars looking superb!

S

sillbeers15

Gunner93,

The red switch you are refering to is a NISMO replacement cig. lighter that mimics a electrical cut-out switch. My real electrical cut-out switch is placed elsewhere...

i've replaced the stock boost gauge with a HKS boost gauge b/c the stock gauge can only display upto 1 bar boost. Same reason for me to replace the instrument cluster with a Nismo 280km/h item.

S

sillbeers15

SR20,

The CF battery and air intake covers are made by <http://www.topstage.com>, you should be able to find more pics and information from there.

JEZ 8553,
Those are Recaro SR3 plus....lower tigh support bosters w. horizontal support extension, makes getting in and out of ride easier and long legged folks more comfortable!

S

sillbeers15

Thanks for all yr kind comments.

Yes. I always believe in minimalist approach to hyping the looks of my ride be it exterior and interior. I hide away most of my aftermarket stuff especially in the interior and just enough exposure to teese the visual senses as a tricked out ride.

I'll be placing my EVC in a less obvious location after I am settled with the boost setting and readings.

After the arrival of my RE55s rubber and new replacement set of TE37s, I'll next replace my single DIN head unit with a LCD touch screen for a flush look. Plus HKS has just released CAMP 2. Hooking it up to my F-CON V Pro will reveal a host of engine parameters on the LCD screen without the need for externally hooked up gauges! So I get to maintain a stealth looking dash without loosing vital engine parameters.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks really good :)
I'm also trying to stay a bit stealth with the interior mods.

So HKS has released a new CAMP. :)
I bought the Greddy intelligent informeter. Will have to look up the Greddy and see what it monitors :)

You have lots of space to fit the EVC and maybe the CAMP 2 unit depending on size under the stereo :)

Edit: Just read up on the CAMP 2 and unlike the first edition this is integrated into the navi or dvd player screen.
Now this is very nice :)
It would make it possible to loose all the gauges and just run the CAMP 2 unit with the juction box and optional sensors.

I'll have to look this up closer :)

Reaction score
Very sweet setup, you can see that a lot of time went into the design and setup. Well done!!!

S

sillbeers15

Yakozan,

The CAMP2 has very recently been released in JP by HKS PR department, no prices published as yet. It will be another few weeks before it would be made available.

K

kazama

sillbeers15,

gunner93 told me about your ride so I had to check it out.
How's the upgrade to the F-con Vpro ? A lot of improvements ?
Also, I got a set of APs just like the ones on your car. 6 pot CP5555 right ?
How do you find them as I've yet to install them on my ride ?

P/s. Will you be joining the Singaporean guys that will be coming to Sepang on 22nd of February ?

Best wishes,
Nick

S

sillbeers15

Hi Nick,

I was skeptical about another engine management system making more power and torque the PowerFC setup before installing the F-Con V Pro.

After installation w. HKS Twin power, EVC V, 100mm dia. air-intake funnel and 740cc injs. (up from 555cc), the paper gain was 20% more power and torque.

On dyno, matching the PowerFC and F-Con V Pro graph showed a left shift on the power graph climbing at identical slope.

On the drive, my butt dyno tells me a very linear climb of power and earlier + harder power delivery could distinguishly be felt all the way till redline.

I attribute the power difference to the tunner's programing and all the little gains collectively contributed by the parts I've installed before and this round. Before, I've installed the HKS IN256/EX264 cams w. adjustable spocket, HKS GT-RS, Kazama 4-2-1 ex manifold, HKS dump pipe, HKS front pipe, HKS HiPower silent cat back ex, Trust inlet manifold, N15 throttle body, HKS 1.2mm HMG, R34GT-R fuelpump,....over stock internals.

The F-Con V Pro allows tunner to place alternate correction maps for,
* Acceleration
* Speed
* Intake air temperature
* NVCS control and more...
This feature allows the tunner to further increase ignition timing without having to compromise for rising intake air temperature and knocking under hard acceleration at high speed.

The AP calipers I have are the CP5200 (big 4 pot) and not the 6 pot you're talking about but the big 4 pot is > 90% in pad area compared to the 6 pot.
I decided on the 4 pot over the 6 pot as my static and dynamic braking load calculation with 2 pot Z32's rear calipers did not encourage me to select the 6 pot even the price was only a fraction more than the 4 pot.
Like I've said, I did my homework calculating the front and rear brake bias at static and dynamic loads to work out the front caliper (due to pad size) and disc size to match my rear Z32 2 pot conversion to keep the brake bias as close to the original as possible. So the end results are very effective and balanced brakes and a padel control slightly more sensitive than stock! I am more than pleased with the brakes set up!

I'll likely miss the Feb trip U guys make to Sepang and perhaps catchup on the next as I foresee heavy work commitment then.
Have fun!!

Last edited:
K

kazama

Hi Nick,

I was skeptical about another engine management system making more power and torque the PowerFC setup before installing the F-Con V Pro.

After installation w. HKS Twin power, EVC V, 100mm dia. air-intake funnel and 740cc injs. (up from 555cc), the paper gain was 20% more power and torque.

On dyno, matching the PowerFC and F-Con V Pro graph showed a left shift on the power graph climbing at identical slope.

On the drive, my butt dyno tells me a very linear climb of power and earlier + harder power delivery could distinguishly be felt all the way till redline.

I attribute the power difference to the tunner's programing and all the little gains collectively contributed by the parts I've installed before and this round.

The F-Con V Pro allows tunner to place alternate correction maps for,
* Acceleration
* Speed
* Intake air temperature
* NVCS control and more...
This feature allows the tunner to further increase ignition timing without having to compromise for rising intake air temperature and knocking under hard acceleration at high speed.

The AP calipers I have are the CP5200 (big 4 pot) and not the 6 pot you're talking about but the big 4 pot is > 90% in pad area compared to the 6 pot.
I decided on the 4 pot over the 6 pot as my static and dynamic braking load calculation with 2 pot Z32's rear calipers did not encourage me to select the 6 pot even the price was only a fraction more than the 4 pot.
Like I've said, I did my homework calculating the front and rear brake bias at static and dynamic loads to work out the front caliper (due to pad size) and disc size to match my rear Z32 2 pot conversion to keep the brake bias as close to the original as possible. So the end results are very effective and balanced brakes and a padel control slightly more sensitive than stock! I am more than pleased with the brakes set up!

I'll likely miss the Feb trip U guys make to Sepang and perhaps catchup on the next as I foresee heavy work commitment then.
Have fun!!

so better response was achieved after you did the Fcon, injectors, twin power, evc 5 and filter.
Thats good to hear mate. What turbo are you running and what .bar ?
Which workshop did you do all that in ? Its impressive.

How much did you pay for your big 4 pot ? Are you using DS2500 ?
Yeah you're right about brake balance, I'm planning to get AP 4 pots for the rear in the near future.
Did you change any of your brake pump, reservoir, etc when switching to AP ?

If only you could make it for the 22nd, then I wont be the only Silvia there. :$

Cheers buddy.

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,

I've been running the HKS GT-RS for some 5 years (bought it when HKS newly released it back in 2002/2003)....nice balance turbine for street application.

HKS Technical Factory Singapore (Garage R) did the installation and tunning job for me. U can see the tail of my other Nissan in the pics..hehee.

The installation and tune for F-Con V Pro and ....came to SGD$11k.
The value I've paid for are more to the intelectual property rights the tunners have and the direct access to data and support from HKS Japan.

K

kazama

You also have a Murano for a daily driver ? hehe. Nice car.

Ahh alright. I'm also using a GTRS, but with a modified 0.86 rear. A bit laggy but the power is good.
Do you have aftermarket cams in your car ?

SGD $11k is so pricey. Wow. I never knew F-con V pro is that expensive.
Is an F-con V pro better than a MoTeC M800 ? Just curious.

S

sillbeers15

Yeah...I have a VQ35 in my Mu.

HKS IN256/EX264 cams. With it, bigger intake+throttlebody, 4-2-1 Kazama exhaust manifold, lighten Cusco flywheel, TE37 rims and NVCS control by F-Con V Pro....= no lag at 1.4bar!

You got to have the right parts to match your requirement....I built it for street application, so I'm not so keen for big high end power, just good low, good mid and reasonably good high end power is what I'm after!

It is not all power that I'm keen, good braking ability, good and flat handling is more important than outright power in my humble opinion.

With HKS powerwriter software now available, I am going to let my tunner correct my EVC V boost setting (ie. retard at points where engine speed exceeds matching speed of car) to reduce wheel spin > 5000rpm after my RE55s runbber arrive late this month or earlier next month.

Motec M800??? I don't have a 12 cylinder engine...so what am I going to do with the extra 8 channel control?

Motec M400 has more features for tunning and data logging (btw U can connect Motec datalogger and LCD instrument panel to HKS F-Con V Pro, yes, there is configurated interface available between them) and prices are on par to install F-Con V pro vs M400. However, I cannot find a tunner and Motec direct support like I get from HKS in Singapore. So my choice is clear.

Last edited:
K

kazama

Wow ! a VQ35DE ! roadtax and insurance must be a killer for you.

I'm not after response but more of an outright power. Mainly for drags.
I'll be getting my Tomei procams and bits and pieces for my internals hopefully after CNY.

What's your review on the bigger intake manifold and the bigger throttle body ?
Worth the extra money to get them ?

I was wondering at how come you have to pay for intellectual rights ?
I thought the tuner/company has to pay for the royalty fees to HKS every month instead of the customers.

Regarding MoTeC, I thought ST Powered can tune MoTeC ?

by the way, your car is an awesome street car. I bet you kill lots of rex and evos in SG.