What's new

SillbeerS15's small update

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,
Wow ! a VQ35DE ! roadtax and insurance must be a killer for you.

I'm not after response but more of an outright power. Mainly for drags.
I'll be getting my Tomei procams and bits and pieces for my internals hopefully after CNY.

What's your review on the bigger intake manifold and the bigger throttle body ?
Worth the extra money to get them ?

I was wondering at how come you have to pay for intellectual rights ?
I thought the tuner/company has to pay for the royalty fees to HKS every month instead of the customers.

Regarding MoTeC, I thought ST Powered can tune MoTeC ?

by the way, your car is an awesome street car. I bet you kill lots of rex and evos in SG.
It is not too bad considering the Nissan agent gave me a irresistable price for it in early 2007. The savings will be used to offset the higher roadtax and my set of 22" rims on it...hehee!

All cost by tunner will be pass onto customers eventually.....

The upgrade of the intake manifold or some call it air accumulator and throttle body needs proper planning and matching to the target power output one wishes to develop and the match to the turbo setup. Just like one should select cams based on the turbo setup and not have "the bigger is better" mentality.
The Greeddy or Trust intake plenium and a 70mm diameter throttle body supports 400 to 450 hp setup. For bigger turbine, the Jun intake manifold setup is beautiful ornament to have!

The intake manifold acts as an air accumulator to undesrupt air supply during gear changes, so a volume too big will cause the boost to drop and subsequently translate into lag...too small an accumulator will not supply sufficient air for combustion which causes a slow climb to gain power. The current issue of the Australian magazine "fast fours" have an article on this with respect to SR20DET engine to explain this matter.

With HKS direct involvement in HKS technical workshop Singapore, Garage R is in a different league compared to STpower!....

Unless STpower gets Motec or Haltech's direct involvement to support the tunes......then I'll agree it can be a top notch tunner!

No oooo, I'll be flammed!!!!! I declare: "I'm only driving a humble Nissan".

K

kazama

22" ? WOW ! show some pics man. :D

The intake manifold is also called "Surge Tank" in Japan. LOL ! http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/intake-part/surge-tank/index.html?en
I don't understand why they'd call it that. JUN's inlets are very nice but pricey indeed.
One thing good about running these big inlets like JUN, Endless, etc is that
they incorporate the use of top feed injectors which are easier to find bigger units such as 1000cc, etc.

Did you get your brakes from ST power ? How often do you drive your sweet silvia ?

E

Endless

Kazama,

I've been running the HKS GT-RS for some 5 years (bought it when HKS newly released it back in 2002/2003)....nice balance turbine for street application.

HKS Technical Factory Singapore (Garage R) did the installation and tunning job for me. U can see the tail of my other Nissan in the pics..hehee.

The installation and tune for F-Con V Pro and ....came to SGD$11k.
The value I've paid for are more to the intelectual property rights the tunners have and the direct access to data and support from HKS Japan.

Firstly, I would like to say you have a really beautiful car! the planning and homework that have went into this car from you is really thoughtful. For F-con V pro, my friend had installed it on his S15 where I have the PFC, his car runs good, but I didn't know it is that expensive to tune in Singapore! in here is around USD $1,300 for tuning the V pro (not including the unit). (probably due to the intelectual property rights thing and the expertise from your garage). Anyway, nice car

S

sillbeers15

Endless,
Firstly, I would like to say you have a really beautiful car! the planning and homework that have went into this car from you is really thoughtful. For F-con V pro, my friend had installed it on his S15 where I have the PFC, his car runs good, but I didn't know it is that expensive to tune in Singapore! in here is around USD $1,300 for tuning the V pro (not including the unit). (probably due to the intelectual property rights thing and the expertise from your garage). Anyway, nice car
Thank you for your kind comments.

PFC is also a great ECU that is very user friendly, I had it for some 5 years in my S15, not counting PFC in my previous S14 before I traded it and for my S15 now. There is nothing negative I can say about PFC....it served me very well as I am someone who would read up lots before deciding to buy and I love DIY, so I did the install and fiddle with a little of tunning myself.

For me to switch to HKS F Con V pro is really just a change of religion. I've kept most of the aftermarket stuff from my car from HKS unless there not available from them. So I finally decided to make the switch. Also, I've decided to let the experts install, design the programing and tune. My instructions to them were: I want a reliable street tuned car. Everything else were left to their decision.

In Singapore, F Con V Pro basic package is SGD$5200 from HKS Singapore (Garage R) which includes install, road tune and dyno. It is the wait time that kills (2-3 months) due to over demand. I also know the base price for F Con V Pro hardware is JPY128,000 only.....but it would be near impossible to install DIY plus only authorised tunner have the code to tune it, not to mention information support for a very optimised tune.

I've opted for more extras.....that's why I get such a neat package and more expensive.

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22" ? WOW ! show some pics man.

The intake manifold is also called "Surge Tank" in Japan. LOL ! http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/in.../index.html?en
I don't understand why they'd call it that. JUN's inlets are very nice but pricey indeed.
One thing good about running these big inlets like JUN, Endless, etc is that
they incorporate the use of top feed injectors which are easier to find bigger units such as 1000cc, etc.

Did you get your brakes from ST power ? How often do you drive your sweet silvia ?
I'll put up a pic to share of my Mu w. 22" rims in my next reply as I did not like the small image I've uploaded to Image shack previously.

There are many choices for the 'surge tank' but you must match the right one else the results would not emplify!

No, I did not got my AP Racing brakes from ST Power. I've actually not gotten any stuff from ST Power as I only work with the sources that I can be comfortable with....so I do not have too many sources.

I would recommend Espace in Singapore if you have needs on AP Racing brakes...they stock AP Racing brake parts and are professional in their jobs.

K

kazama

WOW ! very very bling and big rims man. Any mods on the Murano ?

I agree with you.. those 'surge tanks' are like turbos.
Too big and you will suffer on the response, so calculation before buying is crucial.
People also commented on the Greedy/Trust inlet manifold for S14/S15s and
they've come up with a conclusion that they're not much different from stock.
But on a S13/180sx head, it does make a lot of difference. *shrugs*

All I know is I'm targeting the Endless inlets, They're around RM 3500 with top feed fuel rail.
Won't be getting it soon though. Probably later on this year.
Your F-con V-pro comes with a myriad of sensors, etc ?
Does Fcon have antilag, launch control, etc ?

Can you please post Espace's contact no. ? I need to ring them up to maybe order some stuffs.

Thanks Sillbeer. ;)

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Sillbeers... for a moment there your Murano can pass out as a hot rod LOL... nice!

S

sillbeers15

Gunner93,

Thanks. I just wanted something different, so I opted for a 'big and tall' vehicle.

Kazama,

I agree with you.. those 'surge tanks' are like turbos.
Too big and you will suffer on the response, so calculation before buying is crucial.
People also commented on the Greedy/Trust inlet manifold for S14/S15s and
they've come up with a conclusion that they're not much different from stock.
But on a S13/180sx head, it does make a lot of difference. *shrugs*

All I know is I'm targeting the Endless inlets, They're around RM 3500 with top feed fuel rail.
Won't be getting it soon though. Probably later on this year.
Your F-con V-pro comes with a myriad of sensors, etc ?
Does Fcon have antilag, launch control, etc ?

Can you please post Espace's contact no. ? I need to ring them up to maybe order some stuffs.

Yeah, I've read before somewhere that the Greddy intake does not contribute to much efect over stock ones. The comparision was done over stock turbo and throttlebody. Therefore the results were infact not as good as stock intake manifold. The power rating offered by Greedy was 400-450hp to apply the Greddy intake. In size, the greddy intake is a fraction bigger than the stock and it has a tappered shape towards the last cylinder.

Yes, my F Con V pro 3.24 comes with all the necessary MAP sensors, 100mm dia. air-suction kit (w/0 MAF), 740cc injectors, EVC V, Twin Power spark amplifier, Map selector switch (for 4 maps exchanges), launch control, anti-lag control.

ESPACE Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-41 Singapore 408715. Tel:+65_67483430. Look for Peter Lee.

K

kazama

Nice.. I didn't know an F Con V pro has 4 maps built in. And you can switch so many.
Most standalones have only 2 map to interchange, primarily one n2o map and one normal map.

How's the anti-lag on the F con, is it rally style or drag style type of antilag, or both and you can switch it via laptop.
Curious to know cause I've got it on my AEM but haven't activated it yet.
Have you played around with it yet ?

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,

i understand the lanuch control and antilag is for drag purposes.

As I am patiently waiting for my new set of TE37s and RE55Ss to arrive anytime soon.

I have yet to play with my car as it now wheelspins > 5000rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear....no traction, no fun.

K

kazama

sillbeer,

actually there's 2 types of antilags, one is for drag, the other for rally.

wow RE55S ! that should be fun in Sepang. Haha.
what TEs are you getting this time ? 19s and some crazy offset ? :D

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,

My current wheel and tyre setup:

Front Back
White TE37: 18x7.5 +30 18x8.5 +40 (20mm spacer extension)
S03: 225/18/40 255/18/35

as RE55S only comes in limited sizes, so new setup:

White TE37: 18x7.7 +30 18x9.5 +27
RE55S: 225/18/40 265/18/35

I would have gone to 19" but only street tyres are available to match.

K

kazama

7.7j ? Thats the first time I've seen it, are they made to order ?

Also, I've got 19" rims on the way, with Advan ST sport tires.
If I want to track it, I'll just change to my track 17" rims with semi slicks.

How much are the RE55S for 18s ? A piece ?

S

sillbeers15

Kazama,
7.7j ? Thats the first time I've seen it, are they made to order ?

Also, I've got 19" rims on the way, with Advan ST sport tires.
If I want to track it, I'll just change to my track 17" rims with semi slicks.

How much are the RE55S for 18s ? A piece ?
It is 7.5j...not custom made. I always select base on minimising weight, it is only 7.3kg each.

The RE55S should be SGD400 to SGD450 each.

K

kazama

7.5 ? aiks. you must have a typo up on top.

Anyways, please do keep us updated with your car (pics).
It's a really nice responsive street machine.

Cheers buddy.

G

gunner93

I have yet to play with my car as it now wheelspins > 5000rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear....no traction, no fun.
I had a situation two weeks back when a taxi came off a junction but had to stop as his lane was jammed and blocked me. I had to reverse a bit to give room at my front to past his back and since the on-coming cars at my back still had some distance, I had to quickly overtake the apologetic taxi driver. To my amusement, my rear tyres decideed to slip and it could have been about 4500 ro 5000 rpm as you know sometimes the naughty right foot can have a mind of its own especially on S15s LOL.

Back to my situation whereby I had to sprint out of the blocks but my car is moving slowing and at a slight angle because the rear tyres are spinning which cause a bit of commotion. I got out of it but with mix smiles and jaw dropping look from others. Though it was anxious moment for me but I felt it was fun... very fun! BIG LOL! :D

S

sillbeers15

Gunner93,

I do not mind getting some wheelspin on 1st gear with my front wheels locked as I get out of a bend....as I use to get those especially when the ground is a little damped, my tail would wack a little and straigthen by itself as I continue to gas and hold on to the steering wheel.

But not continuously getting wheelspin on 2nd and 3rd whenever > 5000rpm, it makes driving situation very tricky.

I just hope that after my slicks installed, my situation can improve to before.

Anyway, i still got one more card on hand ....that is to program my EVC V.

If that still fails....Racelogic traction control, here I come!