What's new

Channie's S15 finally...

Reaction score
Those who have read my threads have have seen i havnt had the best of luck!!!

A quick time line!
My first S15, which came to an unfortunate end...

1 year and an RX7 nightmare later roll on the next one...

A few days after i bought it!

At a meet after i started fiddling...

Then the engine had a refesh from this...

to this...

and producing this...

During this time loads of parts have been bought and put on... then my rear window nightmare happened!!!! This was 6 months ago... during this time i was considering breaking her... but i couldnt do it!!!

So i spent even more money!!! (Thankgod for mastercard and overtime!)

Reaction score
Project Do it proper!!!

I started taking bits off... and then the engine... then i thought id give the paint a once over in the engine bay...

then i realised that white is boring... so...

..it went blue!

Then finally the big parts arrived....

:thumbs:

Abit of test fitting!

Now... all the work ive done so far has been on my grandparents gravel driveway an hours drive away...
winter was closing in = no light after work + too cold to spray in my tent + and very wet and windy!

So huge thankyou to Docwra Bros down here in Plym for letting me relocate to there garage and continue there!!!

Headlights and cooler test fit last night...

more pics to follow!!!

P

pablo

ok will do. you getting bigger wheels?

and will your rear arches have these vents cut out? or left blank?

Last edited:
P

pablo

i agree it does look strange in the pics, but that might just be the light and camera (like when some reds look orange etc). ill reserve judgment till i see it in the flesh

Reaction score
UPDATE
Well nothing major... havnt had alot of time with getting work done before xmas and all....

but test fitted new mirrors...

and decided to create another job on abit of a whim... i decided i didnt like the postion of the fuel cap... especially as now with wider arches it is sunken back...

Trouble was finding the flatest area for the new cap to sit... but i dont really like it there... it may need to move further towards the rear!

P

pablo

i like it sunken back.

you could have just moved the flap out more though if it was something that hateful to you.

Reaction score
Move it to the "C" pillar, or into the rear quater window :D
Did think about moviny it to the side window... but having a pain getting the side window out!!! So settled for the rear Q pannel!

Pablo - Cheers i like that one more gunna move it further back down the rear wing now! Might not be unique but alot more trick than OEM!

Reaction score
Update!!!

Been really slack with xmas and all!!!
Here goes...

I decides the fuel cap was better off further back down the wing... so cut a new hole!!

Then came the final fitting of the rear fenders... was an amazing fit and only required a wee bit of sanding here and there...

With the new fuel cap position i wanted to strengthen the fibre glass around the hole... this is the best i could come up with!!!

:hurl: :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Everything fitted now came the pain in the ass prep...

We had a quick play with painting the fibreglass.... so used the front bumper a s a practice!!! NOTE this isnt the actual blue its being sprayed... but its very similar!

Now the actual spraying!!!!

The first coat went on then got rubbed back....