What's new

Paul Smith's S15 Silvia Drift Car - 'The Next Level'

P

paulsmith

Few more odd bits done today.

Bonnet pins fitted:

Fire Extinguisher mounted and plumbed in:

Some 'Garage RippleDrift' Spec super low seat mounts for the passenger side made:

Sorted the ECU and loom mess out:

And filled a few holes on the bootlid:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Did you get the Revotec controller for your rad? If so, where did you fit it?

Are the seat rails for the stock seat?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Damn! Thanks Matt, i hoped Paul made the mounts to sit the stock seat lower, and that he was hoping to make a few more :D

M

Matt_S

Ive yet to see an S15 seat up close, but if theyre like S13 and S14 then theres no way you can get them lower.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
You could get them lower with a modified seat rail, but I think the best you would get is about 1"-2" lower. The other option would be to take some padding out of the base of the seat.

P

paulsmith

Bootlid now sprayed up:

Seats finally turned up on Tuesday evening, after a bit of an industrial shortage of carbon fibre. :ghey:

Corbeau came through again for me and sorted me out with a pair of their Pro Series seats, but this time in Carbon/Kevlar. :notworthy:

Got the drivers side one fitted late Tuesday night, so i could take the S15 to DWYB on Wednesday for it first run out. :D

P

paulsmith

Well, time for an update i think.

Time was starting to run out before EDC RD1, so i had to get some livery designs sorted, to give my sponsors the best possbile coverage.

I was gonna get Jord on the case, as his design skills are the best, but i needed something that wasnt gonna cost a fortune to replicate, as the money saved from all the sponsorship could quite easily be spent here.

So, i had a little dabble with PShop (total novice user!!) and came up with this design which i thought worked quite well:

Happy with the design, I went over to Sign Team UK (near Peterborough) to get the design replicated onto the car.

And here are the results:

TBH im not a massive fan of graphics on drift cars, and do like the plain look really, but these things have to be done sometimes, and i am pretty pleased with the results! :D

Round 1 EDC was a learning curve and has pointed out a few things that i need to get done to the car before Round 2. But for the first real time out in the S15 under competition conditions i was pretty pleased.

Few 'in action' photos from Round 1:

K

kazama

Paul Smith,

very nice car indeed.. how do you find the Ksport brakes ?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah im interested in how you find the K-Sports as well as ive got them to fit to my S. Did you uprate the BMC ?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Seen you in action at Knockhill on Sunday, car looked sweet :thumbs:, could see your front bumper coming loose, but it stayed on.

Almost chocked on my burger when you turned the wrong way into the 1st corner :D

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Seen you in action at Knockhill on Sunday, car looked sweet :thumbs:, could see your front bumper coming loose, but it stayed on.

Almost chocked on my burger when you turned the wrong way into the 1st corner :D
x2! lol liked the look of your 15 mate, I was gonna go find you and offer up some minty fresh tie wraps for the front bumper lol. :wave:

O

ozzie

mate sweet car looks the nuts :D i am loving every bit of it specially the fire extinguisher lol thats awesome. good luck in the competitions mate hope u win

P

paulsmith

x2! lol liked the look of your 15 mate, I was gonna go find you and offer up some minty fresh tie wraps for the front bumper lol.
Seen you in action at Knockhill on Sunday, car looked sweet , could see your front bumper coming loose, but it stayed on.

Almost chocked on my burger when you turned the wrong way into the 1st corner
Thanks guys!!

You should have come over and had a word when i was back in the pits.

I had an awesome weekend, it was the first time i had ever been to Knockhill, and absolutely loved the track. Stupid speed into the first corner and blind apex, CRAZY!

Also, pretty please with the results. Top 8 finish, in only the second time driving the car, and in my third EDC competition.

Topper - I still dont have a clue what happened on that run into the first corner, when the car went the wrong way :confused:, i didnt do anything different on initiation to any ove my other runs.

Mint - I didnt even realise the bumper was hanging off on the Twin Battles untill i had seen the photos a day later! Luckily no damage :thumbs:

Few action shots:

G

gunner93

Awesome S15 angles
wheels in motion and all
although with front bar in dangle
smoking and burning in sexy red overall

Reaction score
I saw the car at round 3 Silverstone looks lovely top job:thumbs: Ahh the wide body look:wack: Its a shame the 15's didnt get further at silverstone on Sunday still look the bollo@ on track tho:nod: