Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I was going to keep hold of them incase i have any drifting mishaps LOL

But i could always sell them if someone was interested in buying them?
Send me a price via PM and I'll consider it.
I'm really after some smoked Yashio lights. But these might do it in the meantime while I'm waiting for reinforcements on my bank account lol.

P

Paul2x

Whats the offset on the 9.5 Rota's? Front and Rear?

and what size spacer u run up front ?

Thanks

P

paulsmith

Whats the offset on the 9.5 Rota's? Front and Rear?

and what size spacer u run up front ?

Thanks
Offsets on the Rota's are +30mm, then i run a 25mm Bolt-on Spacer all round - taking the final offset to +5mm

P

paulsmith

Managed to get the front wings prepped and sprayed, and then fitted after the paint hard hardened off completely:

Next on the list is to fix and re-spray the front bumper, which should see the majority of the exterior sorted.

Then i can crack on with the engine, interior and safety bits and bobs.

P

Paul2x

Offsets on the Rota's are +30mm, then i run a 25mm Bolt-on Spacer all round - taking the final offset to +5mm
Where you running the 25mm bolt-on spacer with the stock fenders as well? or a different size spacer.

Car is coming together awsome btw.

thanks for the quick responces

:thumbs:

P

paulsmith

Where you running the 25mm bolt-on spacer with the stock fenders as well? or a different size spacer.

Car is coming together awsome btw.

thanks for the quick responces

:thumbs:
The photo at the start of the thread with Rota's on, does have a 25mm spacer fitted. But tbh, if you are just using the car for street, then you would probably be best with a 12mm or 15mm spacer, with a 225/40 tyre.

P

Paul2x

The photo at the start of the thread with Rota's on, does have a 25mm spacer fitted. But tbh, if you are just using the car for street, then you would probably be best with a 12mm or 15mm spacer, with a 225/40 tyre.
Yes I just want an aggressive look for the street, but i'm worried about fitment in the front. I do have 20mm guards up front but think the 9.5's will hit the damper on the inside. Right now i have a 9'+22 with a 15mm spacer and it's tight to the damper but works.

What size (how many mm?) are your front guards and do you think you would have enough inside clearance with the 15mm spacers?

Is anyone else on the boards running this wheel?

I just like the concave look front and back.....Awesome!

P

paulsmith

Well after getting totally screwed over the last 2 months on a pair of brand new Takata Harnesses (ie. Paying for them and not receiving), i had to source some other harnesses.

After a chat to Steve @ Sabelt yesterday, he was very keen to sort me out with something a little special for my 2008 Build. :thumbs:

And today i received a pair of their 'Ultra-Light' 6 Point Harnesses, the same as the ones used by the majority of the WRC Teams. So a massive thanks to him and Sabelt. :worthy:

Also, got some solid Sub Bushes courtesy of Paul @ JAPSPEED

Fitted the exterior pull cables and interior fire cables, and wired in up the Battery Cut Off switch.

2OOsxy

Top work - looks great.:thumbs:
Stupid question but is this car for track only or both street and track??? ... only ask, cos in Australia the police would drill you a new one for some of those mods:( so interesting to see what's allowed in different countries!

Reaction score
Quote: so interesting to see what's allowed in different countries!

Sorry off topic, but what wouldn't they allow? Seems like a lot of AUS cars are big specs etc like this!?

2OOsxy

Well every state in Australia has different rules - each state has it's own licencing system, so the rules vary ... even though they have just developed a National Code of Practice, but application varies. It also varies depending upon the town you live in (ie. some places are tougher, or stick to the rules without flexibility).

So for example on this awesome beast of a car...the external pull handles below the windscreen would be defected, likely also that the internal fire cables would be too. The rims as well would go in some places...the drift button on the park brake, the harnesses, roll bar, wheel spacers would be defected as well on the road. But like I said it depends on who checks your car.

You should see the wad of permits I carry for mine ... but not all "big spec" cars as you put it are street legal, so who knows if the Aus cars you are referring to are legal street machines, lucky with permits, or running the gauntlet :p

P

paulsmith

The S15 has been down at Abbey Motorsport for a few weeks, and has been treated to some 'go faster' goodies :D

Many thanks again to Mark @ Abbey Motorsport for the Sponsorship :thumbs:

Massive thanks to HKS for the FCon V Pro and the Fuel Pump :thumbs:

and

Massive thanks to Exedy for the Twin Plate Clutch and Flywheel kit :thumbs:

P

paulsmith

Few more bits turned up today to keep my busy tomorrow..:D

Massive thanks to K-Sport for sorting me out with a set of their 356mm 8 Pot Brake Kit. Finally i can get rid of the standard NA brakes!! :wack: