What's new

MY S15 *Update 08/10/2008*

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine does the same, holds 17psi till about 5500rpm, then starts to drop to around 14psi at 7000rpm

Dale, you still on the stock turbo?

Reaction score
Another update for my S15.

My Exedy hyper single clutch decided it had had enough, so i managed to find another full 2nd hand Exedy hyper single kit to replace it with. The one I replaced it with cost me a grand total of AUD $75 :D and there wasn't anything wrong with it :D :D :D

Finally pulled off my old Powerplay Imports stripes too and decided to fit my Nismo stripes.

Here are some pics taken from a meetup from last night.

Reaction score
stripes suit the car well dont think ever saw them on that colour before only a white on and wasn't sure but they look good!

Reaction score
well time for an update, nothing big though

damn Odessy battery died again, it was the second one I have been through, so I have now moved my battery to the boot and got an Optima yellow top one for starting duties. Also got a kill switch installed at the same time... it was the spare one from the AutoSalon S15.

Also got a Nismo thermostat installed. I can't recommend this mod enough. my water and oil temps were both sitting at 72deg this morning on the way to work, and on a hot day after a bit of a thrashing on the street water temps didn't go over 78deg.

Whilst it was in the workshop they found that the back caliper piston seal is slightly leaking, so I fitted my R33 handbrake setup aswell as the R34 GT-R rear Brembo and discs on the weekend. Car looks so much better now with gold Brembos on the front AND back.

My to do list now looks like this
* Replace front DBA5000 outer rings on the disc and get some pads for daily driving as Ferodo DS3000's have chewed away all my rotors... my slotted rotors are no longer slotted.
* Fit a 3.9 diff ratio from a Auto S15
* Fit my two BuddyClub bucket seats (already have these in the storeroom aswell, gotta loose weight so I can fit into them)
* Install a harness bar
* Buy some harnesses
* Buy a chargespeed bonnet

Reaction score
Time for another update

I was sick of my GT-C getting so damn dirty, so I have replaced my pads for street duties with Bendix General CT's. Now it takes weeks for the wheels to get dirty rather than hours.

I just got rid of my old Bride Brix seat, and upgrade to a Bride Zeta III + Bride FG rail. I love the seat, it awesome. Can't wait to get a second one so I can have a matching pair.

Next on the list of things to replace are the Whiteline rear offset camber bushes. When I got them close to 6 years ago, they did their job perfectly, but now I find that they don't seem the lock in place anymore, so my rear left wheel changes camber all by itself. I have just ordered a pair of Ikeya Forumla rear camber arms, and so I will hopefully be installing them in 1 or 2 weekends.

V

Vandal

Know exactly how you feel. I hate brake dust!

If you are after a decent pad without much dust, I'd give QFM a try. I have the HPX pads (I think they're called K500 now). They are good for up to 550 degrees and don't seem to dust more than stock pads.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. But as it stands I still have 2 set of track pads (Ferodo DS3000 and SBS Pro Race dual carbon) that I swap into the front calipers when I prep the car for track days, so now I am not too concerned about how dirty my track wheels get as the TE37's are easy to clean...

Reaction score
Another update....

Came across a HKS GT-RS turbo which was too good to pass up, and it was still in the box and had never been unwrapped, absolute bargain. Its sitting at home untill I can be bothered to get it installed.

Since the news of Trust/Greddy going bust came out, I decided to buy another radiator, so I now have a Greddy radiator sitting in the box at home to replace my Koyo 32mm copper core one. Theres nothing wrong with my Koyo one... but the Greddy one is nice and shiney :D

Have also managed to pickup a Apexi Super Suction Kit secondhand from an S15 which was written off. This will go on at the same time that my turbo gets replaced (whenever that is) and will replace the current custom made metal intake pipe made up by CRD.

Yesterday I removed my Whiteline rear camber bushes and replaced them with SuperPro non-adjustable bushes. At the same time I also replaced my rear camber arms with my Ikeya Formula ones which I had sitting at home for ages. I then setup the camber to be the same as it was prior to removing the Whiteline bushes and all seems to be going well.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I have a small hole in my intercooler piping as when I up the boost over about 12psi, i don't seem to get much more power, just alot more whistling. So after the turbo gets replaced, I'll take the car to Plazmaman who will make me up some custom piping to suit my Hyperflow core. I may even get the compressor housing rotated on the turbo and re-route some of the cooler piping to make it shorter.

Then it will be time for a re-tune and maybe a new gearbox :(

Last edited:
K

kazamas15

hopefully it will give it a tiny bit of extra pickup....
Yes the auto diff will give you that extra pickup, but you really have to step on the accelerator to make the car go. If you don't run a boost controller, there will be little more lag on boost, but then again this depends on how hard you step on the accelerator.