Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thats cheap! :eek:

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Did the cage fit ok? Any pics?
Also, why the Project Mu resovoir cover for power steering fluid?
How much camber you running at the rear? Just wondering as the 9.5j ET35 seems to fit under the arch in your pictures.

Reaction score
Thats cheap! :eek:

Looking good mate :thumbs:
Thanks mate
Did the cage fit ok? Any pics?
Yeah the cage fitted perfectly. No pics yet, but will get some pretty soon andpost them up here. The car is going in for a studio photo shoot this sunday.
Also, why the Project Mu resovoir cover for power steering fluid?
When at the track, the power steering fluid boils and spills everywhere in the engine bay, its pretty common on S15's when they hit wakefield.

How much camber you running at the rear? Just wondering as the 9.5j ET35 seems to fit under the arch in your pictures.
At the moment I have -2.6, but that isn't to fit the wheels, its more for my track alignment. Before i got the track alignment, the rear had -1.4 and I din't have any scrubbing issues, but that has more to do with the fact that my car isn't overly low.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks about the same height as my car in this picture, but with me running around -1.1 rear camber on 8j ET35, a 9.5j i'm sure wouldnt fit and would stick out.

Reaction score
in that pic, the wheels are a +40 with somewhere between -1 and -2 deg of camber

my GT-C's are 19x9.5 +34 with a 245 tyre on them without any scrapping even with -1.4

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
in that pic, the wheels are a +40 with somewhere between -1 and -2 deg of camber

my GT-C's are 19x9.5 +34 with a 245 tyre on them without any scrapping even with -1.4
It says on the 1st page - "17x7.5 +30 17x9.5 +35 Volk TE37's with Bridgestone RE55s (track rims)", are you running a 5mm spacer now? I.e. a 9.5j ET40 is what your running in the above pic?

Reaction score
Today Nat (my GF) and I had our studio shoot. The cars looked so good in a studio and I can't wait to get the DVD with the pics in 2-3 weeks.

Here are a couple I took with my camera phone. All up we were in the studio for about 6 hours.

Nats DC5R when they were setting up the lights

Behind the scenes shot

MY S15 on the go jacks so we didn't leave big tyre marks on the nice white floor

J

j0nbubz

omg your S15 is SO mint. Looks absolutely perfect. You must LOVE you car!!

DC5R is hot too!! nice INGS rear bar!

Reaction score
Well its about time for another update.

We haven't received our pics yet from our studio shoot which we are a bit upset about, but they guy has been sending through little teasers. Hopefully we will get them before xmas :(

Well when my car went to the tuners last time, they confirmed that the VCT was completley dead, and that was the reason it sounded like a diesel truck.

So after thrashing it once at the racetrack and getting a PB with no VCT and no 5th gear (thats another story) I took the plunge and took the car in to get the VCT pulled out and replaced with some Adjustable cam gears.

So on the last tune with no VCT, worn HKS Step 2 cams and wandering intake cam timing, the old beast pulled 196rwkw.

This time around, the VCT inlet and standard exhaust cam gears were removed and replaced with JUN units.

The HKS Step 2 cams were also removed, as they were quite worn when I bought them second hand, and replaced with some Trust 264/264 jobbies with 11.5mm lift

So once it was all installed and the cam gears set to zero, the car pulled 202rwkw without any PFC tuning.

After about 4 hours on the dyno, the S15 had gained about 25rwkw throughout the whole rev range over the previous tune with the old gear in the car. So in the end, it ended up pulling 219rwkw (293rwhp) which is pretty good with a standard turbo. Response is also awesome for such big cams too! By 3000rpm it has built 0.9bar!!!!!

So needless to say I am extremely happy now, the car sounds awesome and has a nice slightly lumpy idle to.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice :)
And nice power figure :thumbs:

Are you still running the stock hydraulic lifters and just uprated valve springs?

Reaction score
the low end is pretty good. Alot better than when I had the VCT and it wasn't working.

Alot of the low down response has to do with the time the tuners spent adjusting the cam gears. All up it was 4 to five hours.

He said adjusting the intake cam made the biggest difference, and they did adjust the exhaust cam aswell which gave a little improvement.