What's new

MY S15 *Update 08/10/2008*

Reaction score
The 7.5 +30 clears both R33, R34 Brembos with about 8mm clearance and they clear Z33 Brembo's with about 2-3mm clearance.

The 8.5 +27 GT-C's clear the Brembo's without any issues, as they actually came off a Z33 350Z. The owner actually had the stock Brembo's removed and replaced with the Stop Tech brake upgrade

Reaction score
Country
Urs is Z33 brembo

+30 = 2-3mm clearance

+27 = hit brembo???

Hmm Does it have to do with the Disk of the GTCs? Disk A B and O? I heard diff disk has clearance for big calipers.

Reaction score
I had my birthday on Sunday. My beautiful girlfriend bought me a Garage Defend Carbon Fibre cooling panel for a present :D

No pics of it yet, but geez they really do make a difference to the cooling of the engine temps when the car is in motion. I can literally watch the Defi water temp guage start to go down when I am moving in traffic.

Reaction score
suppose I better update this...

Just installed my Cusco 5 point bolt in cage.
Also got a pair of Buddy Club Racing Spec Seats, but have only installed the drivers seat so far, I might have sold the other one, will know by the end of the week

just finished installing my new 16 row trust oil cooler with relocator and built in thermostat. My oil temps have now dropped by 20 deg C

Also got a Project Mu resovoir cover for my power steering fluid.

And got some R34 GT-R rear brembo calipers and rotors waiting to go on aswell. So now I will have matching gold brembo's front and rear.

Car goes in on Friday to get the tune touched up with the Tomei Exhaust manifold on it, and then off to get a wheel alignment in preparation for a track day on the 21st July :D

P

Paul2x

suppose I better update this...
And got some R34 GT-R rear brembo calipers and rotors waiting to go on aswell. So now I will have matching gold brembo's front and rear.
So what are you going to do for a E-brake.

I currently have 34 calipers / rotors but no E-brake.

What's your plan?
=)

P

Paul2x

I thought R34 rear brembo wont fit on S15?? Will it? What sort of modification needed?

R32 (v-spec) 33 & 34 brembo's bolt right on, No issues.

Just need to need to swap hubs and cables to run rear e-brake.....i think..lol

Reaction score
R32 (v-spec) 33 & 34 brembo's bolt right on, No issues.

Just need to need to swap hubs and cables to run rear e-brake.....i think..lol
Yeah your pretty much right there. You don't NEED to change the hubs.

You can get away with just using the R33 GTS-T rear brake shoe setup and handbrake assembly. And to do it properly, you need to get the r33 GTS-T handbrake cable, and get the S15 end put onto it, otherwise the R33 cable is too long.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

You must have a wardrobe full of rims bro... different rims for different occation...? :D Like the Volks :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
All R33 handbrake cables fit (they're all the same). I found the length to be fine (with my Z32 setup). The only issue is that they can't be bolted down using the cable's brackets :) The Z32 rear brake fitting guide is in my tech guides.

Reaction score
Got the car tuned a couple of weeks ago and my suspicions were right, the car doesn't have any VCT at all anymore and with the HKS step 2 cams, its quite doughy down low.

Well took the car out to the NSCC trackday at Wakefield on Saturday, and after the first session, I was getting the classic 5th gear lockout, so no more 5th gear for me for the rest of the day.

I still ran a new PB around the circuit, 1:08.76 so I am aiming for a 1:07 next time if I can get 5th gear sorted, and learn to keep the foot planted when coming down the slippery dip like I used to.

Tonight I go to pickup my R33 handbrake/e-brake setup tonight... only costing me AU$100 :D