What's new

Mints s15 ^_^

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Pewter S15's in Scotland are becoming so common, i think its time for me to sell up :D

Good to see you got those Headlight things off, looks better already, you still sporting that tasty spoiler? :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Are you sure the wire thingy is not for some sort of EGT setup? The fitting looks to be the part.
I must agree.
That's some over-engineered piece of work if it's for boost.

I would put my money on EGT, or possibly a mechanical oil temp or pressure gauge. Get a electric gauge instead and you would only have to run a signal wire through the firewall instead of that AN3827 pipe-line :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
indeed i think its actually a mechanical pressure gauge for oil pressure maybe???

The gauge dosnt say boost it says pressure.. 100x something i think on it.

Yeah im going to get the OEM gauge pod and a nice new electronical defi gauge i think for the boost.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
After hearing your car the other night as you drove away, sounds like you have a boost leak, as well as your car almost cutting out due to your BOV, get the bov adjusted like we discussed, that should help it from almost stalling, after that try to find a boost leak. I.e. pipe not connected to boost gauge.

Nice to meet you by the way :wave:

Reaction score
eids for the bov is what youll need to stop the stalling mate, the boost gauge sounds like its in kpa or killopascals.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
After hearing your car the other night as you drove away, sounds like you have a boost leak, as well as your car almost cutting out due to your BOV, get the bov adjusted like we discussed, that should help it from almost stalling, after that try to find a boost leak. I.e. pipe not connected to boost gauge.

Nice to meet you by the way :wave:
lol Hey Topper, yeah was nice to meet another owner! :wave:

As for the leak indeed i may need a hand, as i said iv no clue when it comes to this Boost stuff yet ^_^

eids for the bov is what youll need to stop the stalling mate, the boost gauge sounds like its in kpa or killopascals.
Whats eids? I'll go take a pic of the BOV see what you guys think..

-Mint

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
This is where you adjust it, loosen off the nut, the wind the threaded part in or out (cant remember which way), do small increments, then tighten the nut, go for a drive, get the revs up, dip the clutch, if its stalls twist the threaded part the otherway, if it doesnt stall, is should hold the revs better.

I must add that with an atmos bov, its will never run as smooth as the car was designed to.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yes, thats exactly what i mean, the reason is, the excess air is dumped out of the system, the AFM has read it and added enough fuel for the air in the system, with the air now gone, the excess fuel it still in the system, causing pops/bangs etc, i.e. overfuelling. This also makes coming off the throttle very lumpy.

With the bov recirced, the air and fuel mix is still correct, and coming off the throttle alot smoother.

Reaction score
its a hks eids, or electronic ideling stabilizer its sorts your stalling problem. I run a greddy type s on my car along with the eids and a power fc no problems and drives like it did with the recirc bov.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
UPDATE, Well sorta lol.

I put the car in this morning to get undersealed, So she will be getting all treated up with the heat gun over night under cover, aww my young in.

lol me an my bud's named her too, her name is Kei lol for some jap reasons ^_~ lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one dude - Torque GT is the way to go!!

Hope you get the small niggles sorted out - suppose we've all had something or another (unless you are a real jammy git lol)...

:)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeah Torque is defo the way forward.

No not 'exactly..' lol em.. tbh i had a small 'bump' in it and sorta dislodged the front bumper, its ok tho as i plan on getting a kit when im back from holiday.

Not had time to do anything really, this weather just sends me to sleep lol

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
*** Spotted ***

Seen you on Monday driving up towards Kintore from Blackburn direction, just pasted the roundabout to Westhill.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
any damage to the bumper or the paint? Much would you be lookin for it if you replaced it. I have paint flaking off my bumper and was gona spray it but I really like the aero bumper & may be interested

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
any damage to the bumper or the paint? Much would you be lookin for it if you replaced it. I have paint flaking off my bumper and was gona spray it but I really like the aero bumper & may be interested
um.. yeah i lost some laquer and the paint is sorta cracked. I just tie wrapped it back together lol dori spec y0!

There is a small dent under the front fog light, a cracker the rear undertray on the pass side (t.rapd y0!) and the end of the bumper on the driver side that meets the inner arch is a bit bend outa shape but meh.. im not worried tbh.

Im going to get a new kit when im back from Japan so its all grand.

But yeah, im lookin so forward now to getting this thing the way i want it.

-Full Kit
-New Wheels (hehe cant wait first buy when im back ^_^ )
-TEIN Super Drifts
-TEIN Struts
-Spoiler swapped with either a BGW or a Vertex Lip
-New Exhaust (Thinking Tanabe SMR)
-New Boost guage
-FMI
-Powder coat the Rocker
-Set of Brides + Takata's
-Half Cage?.. maybe lol i doubt it tho!

But yeah after Jan its gonna be all go for JAE :smitten::smitten::smitten:

S

Silverstreak

An original front bumper from Nissan UK will cost you ?4000!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:
I destroyed mine in the summer when I hit some rogue undergrowth, so I would advise any of you aero boys out there to take very good care of them if your lucky enough to own one, the standard bumper comes in at around ?800 too...

You can get an aftermarket fibreglass aero one for between ?300 & ?400, speak to Jo or Albert at www.knight-racer.co.uk as they did a really good job with mine!

Oh, and you really don't want to know how much a HID headlight costs either!!!!