What's new

Meddler's S15

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
UPDATE: Been a while, but some new goodies are now fitted.

Tein superstreets (fulcrum modified), Whiteline swaybars and fully adjustable camber, caster and toe rods. The car is a lot firmer in ride quality, but not teeth shattering. The car has been lowered by about 1.25". Unfortunatley, I am nearly at the end of the ride height adjustment, but with new wheels, it should look awesome.

BIG THANKS go to:

Craig Bowers of Bowers suspension in Newcastle. He is a really good guy and I would definately recommend him for parts.

Doug from Heasman Suspension at Sydenham. He new exactly what I wanted and did exactly that. Very knowledgable guy. Heasman is expensive, but if you want it done right, this is the place.

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Don't worry. I plan on getting them dirty.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Got the pics, just have to get them off the camera

Reaction score
Country
What's that two round ones??

Looks like rear upper arms for s13... but it looks like u have the s15 rear upper arms as well....

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yeah they are S13 rear upper camber arms. I don't know why he sent them too me. I suppose I will just sell them on ebay.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Here are some pics of my new suspension fitted, before the wheel alignment.

Please no comments about the red brake discs. It was done for free. Even still at that price I was not very happy, but atleast they won't get rusty. I will fix them up when I change the discs.

Rear Suspension

Front Suspension

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
pretty good, but one of the rear toe arms squeeks. If could be that the bushings wern't as long as they should be. Once I make up some spacers, hopefully the squeek will go away.

I am looking forwad to giving the car a really good run on sunday with a whole group of friends. There should be 3 or 4 S15's and an S14 with a few other cars and bikes.

Reaction score
I am looking forwad to giving the car a really good run on sunday with a whole group of friends. There should be 3 or 4 S15's and an S14 with a few other cars and bikes.
^^^^^^
:D:D:D:D

Did you grease the sway bar bushes? I was getting an irritating squeek from my White Lines and it was cause the bushes were installed dry:rolleyes:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Nasty scoring on that rear disc...
Yeah, I have fixed that. There is a little paint in there which makes it more noticable.

Did you grease the sway bar bushes? I was getting an irritating squeek from my White Lines and it was cause the bushes were installed dry:rolleyes:
Yep, I even regreased one this afternoon. It is definately the toe arm that is squeaking. The bushes are too short. Going to try to fix it tomorrow with some spacers / washers.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I will have a camera. With any luck the S14 will have is permanently mounted video camera set up.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It is definately the toe arm that is squeaking. The bushes are too short. Going to try to fix it tomorrow with some spacers / washers.
It must be the swaybar. I fixed the toe arm spacing and it still squeaks :mad:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I finally sorted the problem. The rose joint in the toe arm was the culprit. Lucky they have grease nipples on them. A quick squirt of grease to all the arms and they are a lot quieter. The other side had just started to squeak too.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
UPDATE: Did a dyno day with the Nissan Sports Car Club (http://www.nissansportscarclub.org/). Thanks to Phil Auss15 for organising the day. It was well worth it.

Let say I was surprised with the run. I was hoping for 130rwkw but got 142.2rwkw :D

Mods: 3" cat back exhaust, FBU and K & N panel filter.

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, it was a great day with a good selection of cars. :thumbs:
I'd like to take Minh's twin turbo 350Z for a drive just to see what that sort of power feels like:nod: