What's new

Meddler's S15

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
More JDM goodeness mods done over the last couple of days.

I have put in the auto fold motor in my mirrors :) all ready now to start on the auto fold circuit. I also modified my tail lights to look JDM with both part of the red light lens lighting up as shown in the pic :D The left light is unmodified and the right one is modified. If people want me to do a write up on it, let me know

More to come:
boost controller
rear aero pods (will have to get them painted first - who knows when that will be)
rear bar reflector eliminators (only on the Aus cars)
hook up my fog lights

P1010037small.JPG

Reaction score
Nice looking ride digger with an even nicer to do/done list. Wheels are a big decission, my choice was based on budget and 15 months interest free. They will soon be gone. Keep up the nice work.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
thx mate. I bought mine on intrest free too. why not use there money. It took me ages to find wheels I liked and then I didn't know what diameter to get. I only had 8.5" width choice.

I need to lower my car a little more too.

Reaction score
Yeah, I sort of stumbbled across mine but I knew I wanted 18s. There is a one cruising around up here with same only 20s w/ white walls and a boot full of speakers(clown). You look low enough now for praticality but yeah it would look sexy as with those wheels tucked in.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
it's actually about .5" lower at the rear and that is about it. The front is near to standard height. I checked it against my mates one that is stock. I think I only have about .5" down adjustment on my coilovers anyway.

I have had my share of low cars. I actually got stuck in Parramatta Westfields one day in my ZJ Fairlane. I never want a car that low again. It was a PITA. Scraped my exhaust over every speedhump, but for a big car, damn it handled well!

I ended up getting 19's and I think they look pretty good. I have a set of 17" track wheels and they look time when they are fitted.

Reaction score
I only lowered mine on king springs and it scrapes from time to time as it is, wouldn't be able to get up my drive if I went lower either. Was thinking about coilovers but It's a total streeter and I cant can't justify the expense, but yeah if your getting on the track for sure coilovers 100%. What wheels are yours?, I'm sold on the Rota Torque Drift(povo Work I know)for next wheels, just checked Sullys and they look A1.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Mine are Lenso DC5's. My car sees the track occasionally. What use is it to have a car like this and not use it :)

Reaction score
I see your point mate. I freak out that something will go pear shaped and I wont have doe to fix it, that can happen on the street I know. I'm a shocking stress head(old fart).

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
but you still have to have some fun! skidpans are awesome and there is nothing to hit

Reaction score
Yeah true. Did you end up getting rid of the ugly reflectors off your rear bumper? I need to loose them real bad. Looking at gettting a 2nd hand JDM bar or may be go for a kit of the low key variety, not real keen on them to be honest.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have removed mine atm. I am looking at making up some fibreglass panels (i.e. blanking plates) and get them colour matched to the car

Reaction score
I thought about glassing the holes also, another option was plastic welding. The guy that did my boot rekons neither one is any good because of the flex in the bumper and that after awhile the the paint will crack etc. Sort of don't if I should run the risk or like I said just get a bumper without the holes, like he recommended. I like the satisfaction you get from doing those sorts of mods but also.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
what I am planning is a cover, not actually glassing the bumper. It will be removable if need be and will not change or damage the bumper in any way. Hopefully I may get some time on thursday to have a play and I will show you some pics of what I mean

Reaction score
Ok yeah, Like plug/cap sort of things? sounds like a great idea to me. Can't wait to see how you pull it off, I might hit the old design board myself on this one. What are your plans for fixing them to the bumper?, you'll have to construct something like what the back of reflector is?. I haven't pulled mine off, so I'm thinking out loud so to speak. I was hoping the bastards where stuck on like the badges, until I started taking one off and discovered the dirty hole under it.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
they have 3 plastic sections that go through the bumper and have star washers on them. Pretty crap design and makes it hard to make it look good. Hopefully I will get time to have a play with it.

Reaction score
How did you go with the bumper mods? I've got 5 days off as of tomorrow( thank christ, no pun intended) so I might have a good look at the problem, surely between the two of us we can rid ADM models of these bum worts for good.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Things are very busy here. I may be on holidays atm but that doens't mean I have any time :wack: and unfortunately it's raining atm. I am hoping to get some time on Thursday. At least I have bought the fibreglass weave mat to do it.

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. Don't rekon I'm gonna get any time to have a look at all. Bugger.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I started to mould a cover on Thursday. Didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but I have a starting point and I can experiment. When I have something that looks half way decent, I will post some pics.