What's new

Neosilvia's 99 S15

N

neosilvia

I just noticed I never posted a members rides and specs so figured it was time to do so.

Interior: Momo Safari seats with Momo harnesses.
Custom welded roll cage, stock interior stripped.
Custom extended collapsible steering column in process now
Momo Quick Release
Momo Mod 08 steering wheel
Tilton Floor Mount Pedal Set with separate resevoirs for front and rear brakes and remote bias adjuster
Exterior:URAS Monkey Majic Front Bumper
Rotora Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Seibon Carbon Hood
Lexan windows
Engine:SR20DET S15 with 6 Speed Manual
Greddy SR20DET Oil Cooler Kit
Koyo SR20DET Aluminum Radiator
Flex-A-Lite Dual E Fans
Samco Radiator Hoses
HKS GT-RS Turbo Upgrade
Megan SR20DET Stainless Mainfold
Megan 3" Downpipe
Megan SR20DET Turbo Inlet
Taka S14 Stainess Steel Lines
Greddy RSPL Intercooler
Greddy S15 hotpipe
Blitz 850CC Injectors
Blitz Twin Plate Clutch
Nismo Engine Tranny Mounts
Custom HKS Intake
HKS FCon VPro (looking to switch this out to a Motec M400)
HKS FCon S15 Wire Harness
HKS Hi Power Exhaust
Polished Greddy Intake Manifold
Greddy Rocker Arm Stopper
Greddy Valve Springs
HKS Step 1 Intake Camshaft
HKS Step 1 Exhaust Camshaft
Greddy Pulleys
Greddy SR20DET Head Gasket
Odssey Battery
HKS Circle Earth Ground
Greddy SR20DET Oil Pan
Fuel Safe 17 Gallon Fuel Cell
Bosch External Fuel Pump
Suspension:Rotora 14" 6 Piston Front Brakes, stock rear brakes
Enkei RPF1 18x8.5 +30 front 18x9.5 +38 rear
Hankook Ventus Z214
JIC FLTA2 Coilovers 12kg 150mm front/14kg 180mm rear with Helper Spring Height 80mm 2.1kg.
JIC Hard Tie Rod
JIC Pillow Tension Rod
JIC Rear Toe Control Arm
JIC Traction Rod
JIC Rear Camber Adjustable Upper Arm
JIC Stabilizer Bar Adjuster Link front and rear
JIC Carbon Tower Bar front and rear

Reaction score
Country
:smitten: Lovely look S15, is it for hardcore track only or registered for road use as well ?

Reaction score
Country
Very nice s15 there. And got some mods as well. How come ur sticking with Step1s but has all the step2 additional gears in there?

N

neosilvia

:smitten: Lovely look S15, is it for hardcore track only or registered for road use as well ?
Track only for this one. I am hoping to find another one for road use, but they are not that easy to locate around here.

Very nice s15 there. And got some mods as well. How come ur sticking with Step1s but has all the step2 additional gears in there?
The car is running good and I have to do things as funds permit. Suspension/chassis/wheels/safety were first after the performance mods that have already been done. My thoughts were to run it like it is for a while, then switch to an HKS built motor.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thats is some roll cage and seats :eek: :thumbs:

Looks good. What hard pipe is that you have? Where does your filter sit?

I like the white and blue colour scheme

N

neosilvia

Not sure what hard pipe it is, can't remember. The filter sits right behind the headlight. You can see it better in the picture below.
Thanks, I also like the white and blue, but I had to loose the blue wheels, they were just too heavy for the track so now I am running Enkei RPF1's.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Why the fuel cell so high up? Does that not raise your centre of gravity?

Ah yes, how could i forget you changed to those. I need some slicks too....

Also, what torque damper is that?

N

neosilvia

I will have to check with SP Engineering to find out what hard pipe and what torque damper they installed. That was in the car before I got my hands on it when the previous owner was setting it up as a show car.
I could not determine where else to put the fuel cell. If I went back into the stock location, after removing the stock tank, it would have taken alot of cutting in the body to get it to fit. I may decide to go this route later, but for now, the car is handling great.
The slicks are a definite improvement and hold way better than the street tires, but unlike street tires, there is no squealing before they let go. They just hold and hold and as you push them to their limit then when they are at the limit, there is little warning (you can feel it a bit as they start to slip) but then they just let go. I learned this my first day out on them as I spun the car in a tight turn. This was a good experience though, as I always had an irrational fear that the car would flip in this situation, but that of course it not the case at all. The car just spun to a stop and I pulled right back on the track.